SVSM Irish 2023-24

One: stvm has never dodged Massillon there was some foul play on Massillons part though by recruiting our players to play for them just to lose in the end. 😭😭😭
Two: it’s always stvm against the world no matter if we are down one year or up. Players know that when you put on that uniform you’re going against the world essentially no matter what division.
Three: it doesn’t matter where we would face Massillon info stadium, green street, Paul brown or hell it self just prepare for a fight no matter what.
1. SVSM people complaining about recruiting is kinda rich honestly. I dont care who recruits. Any football program, in order to have enough talent to contend, has to be able to attract talent. Massillon has done it. Hoban has done it. SVSM has done it. Heck, Coventry has tried to do it a little bit in the past-didnt have the same effect for us, but still. Regardless, SVSM has more or less come out ahead in the transfer game regardless. I'm sure the name "Caleb Connor" rings a bell.

2. Its you guys against the world, until you have to duck Hoban, because some assistant coach said a mean thing.

3. I dont really have a dog in that fight. Although I have a lot of respect for the Massillon program, because they represent everything a public school program should be capable of becoming, if they have sufficient drive, determination, know-how, and community support. I would give anything to have that sort of community and fanbase where I come from.

There’s a possibility that we might be getting another QB here so he might see competition there he’ll be a freshman but let’s see if grant wants to to put that young pup in the fire so soon and most importantly if he’s ready and better than Ryan
Hurley is not the leading candidate for QB next year and might be focused on LB. Great athlete but showed he’s not a QB or the QB of the future (even though some coaches and alumni wanted him to be). The forcing of a square peg into a round hole caused a rift between coaches but more importantly between the team, which led to that horrendous stretch. The potential Frosh is good but needs a few years to develop. He’s gonna be a good one wherever he goes.
One: stvm has never dodged Massillon there was some foul play on Massillons part though by recruiting our players to play for them just to lose in the end. 😭😭😭
Two: it’s always stvm against the world no matter if we are down one year or up. Players know that when you put on that uniform you’re going against the world essentially no matter what division.
Three: it doesn’t matter where we would face Massillon info stadium, green street, Paul brown or hell it self just prepare for a fight no matter what.
He suckered you into that one! Let's keep the focus on SVSM football.

1. SVSM people complaining about recruiting is kinda rich honestly. I dont care who recruits. Any football program, in order to have enough talent to contend, has to be able to attract talent. Massillon has done it. Hoban has done it. SVSM has done it. Heck, Coventry has tried to do it a little bit in the past-didnt have the same effect for us, but still. Regardless, SVSM has more or less come out ahead in the transfer game regardless. I'm sure the name "Caleb Connor" rings a bell.

2. Its you guys against the world, until you have to duck Hoban, because some assistant coach said a mean thing.

3. I dont really have a dog in that fight. Although I have a lot of respect for the Massillon program, because they represent everything a public school program should be capable of becoming, if they have sufficient drive, determination, know-how, and community support. I would give anything to have that sort of community and fanbase where I come from.
This has to be a parody or at the very least unintentional comedy.

I was finna say lol how is someone from Coventry of all places going to try and down play our program like….
My Father went to SVSM, and so did my sibling. I was the lone renegade. Im downplaying your fanbase, not your team. My experience, the SVSM people seem to be most arrogant egotistical pricks. Never liked them.

Your comment talking about how im from Coventry (a program experiencing a down year) like it's a bad thing, is exactly the sort of snobbishness I would expect.

The guy's comment, whom I initially replied to, about Massillon crowding Green Street. I just thought that would be funny as ****. Im sorry that offends you.

Anyways, now im gonna dip.

Last edited:
My Father went to SVSM, and so did my sibling. I was the lone renegade. Im downplaying your fanbase, not your team. My experience, the SVSM people seem to be most arrogant egotistical pricks. Never liked them.

Your comment talking about how im from Coventry (a program experiencing a down year) like it's a bad thing, is exactly the sort of snobbishness I would expect.

The guy's comment, whom I initially replied to, about Massillon crowding Green Street. I just thought that would be funny as ****. Im sorry that offends you.

Anyways, now im gonna dip.
I am an STVM ‘86 alum-my father is a St. V ‘45 alum and my sister STVM ‘83. Shocked at your comment.

Or the Irish demand a home game. Sorry, it's a fact.
? Why was it okay for the Irish to play Massillon all them years while they was kicking our arse and never once mention about playing the home game because I remember a couple times them saying that Paul Brown Tiger stadium was they home field because they was winning then the moment they start losing they back off the schedule? Then to top it off you have a big holy war rivalry with Hoban and all of a sudden the series ends because you couldn't win? I have no problem with st v but that's not a good look on they part

? Why was it okay for the Irish to play Massillon all them years while they was kicking our arse and never once mention about playing the home game because I remember a couple times them saying that Paul Brown Tiger stadium was they home field because they was winning then the moment they start losing they back off the schedule? Then to top it off you have a big holy war rivalry with Hoban and all of a sudden the series ends because you couldn't win? I have no problem with st v but that's not a good look on they part
Jeez, there are like 4 active Massillon threads going. 6 others you guys have hijacked as if you guys are like the toddler middle children that need to be the center of attention at all the parties. Congrats on a state championship, now can you take this argument to Facebook where it belongs or contribute the current state of SVSM HS football.

So far one former SVSM staff took a position at Buchtel, I’m sure there are more to follow. Will Cotton, Shadie or Larlham remain on staff? Word is they will scrimmage Pick North next season so that will definitely be a barometer of where they are at the start of the season.

Last edited:
Jeez, there are like 4 active Massillon threads going. 6 others you guys have hijacked as if you guys are like the toddler middle children that need to be the center of attention at all the parties. Congrats on a state championship, now can you take this argument to Facebook where it belongs or contribute the current state of SVSM HS football.

So far one former SVSM staff took a position at Buchtel, I’m sure there are more to follow. Will Cotton, Shadie or Larlham remain on staff? Word is they will scrimmage Pick North next season so that will definitely be a barometer of where they are at the start of the season.
Stay in your lane, Tigers.

@CoachDavis_STVM on X. He’s also QB coach.

STVM ‘17. Quarterbacked the Irish for 2-3 years of success under Dan Boarman. Went onto play at and graduate from Walsh University. Very high football intelligence, has been at Walsh Jesuit past three years as QB coach. Another good hire as committed to the school and program.
Davis was actually the WR coach and passing game coordinator at Walsh.

Cry more

Davis was actually the WR coach and passing game coordinator at Walsh.
Didn’t he start at Mount Union then transfer to Walsh? Kinda the Kyle McCord syndrome? Not that the Irish are going to throw the ball that much with DJ as long as he stays healthy. Let’s see what kind of offense he brings. With two QBs that have varsity experience yet vastly different styles, they will have to commit to handing one them the keys to the offense. There is a Ferrari there but right now it has a Pinto mindset.

It’s the defense that is a concern. Needing to be more aggressive and swarm the ball, getting pressure on the QB. Seems Grant’s defense got better last year starting off giving up 45 and 62 points in games but brought it down as the season went along. There will be plenty of 2-way guys next year, so being in shape is critical. The entire defensive backfield graduates but should be solid at the safeties. Corners are going to be the issue, hopefully some youngsters can step in. Definitely need those linebackers to help in the middle so safeties can give help over the top. Having a good pass rush will help, and big bodies in the middle to free up the second tier to make tackles in the run game will be critical. Thought - having Hurley as a spy for QBs that can run might be a good plan, they have enough to set the edge at outside LB. They face 6 teams with dual threat QBs, 3 that will pound the ball and then they play Bo - he’s gonna get his, just stop the rest of the team.

lots to think about.

I know the defense was toast physically and mentally by the time we played VASJ. Bo Jackson impressed the hell out of me. He certainly is a Saturday player talent wise.

You're right, William. He will get his. It is unrealistic to think we can bottle up a player of that size, speed, and production all game long. But I think the one we need to focus on is the other running back. He was #21 and I do believe he was a junior last season. That kid tore us a new one. Quick and shifty on the ground, and talented as a receiver out of the backfield.

But every new season brings renewed hope, so we shall see.

Stop crying 😭... Don't accuse somebody of cheating and then not expect them to respond. How is St v looking this year?

The playoff game performance against Harding was awful and embarrassing. It was obvious that a number of the kids had pretty much signed out for the season. Between that and the b!+ch!ng parents it was apparent that the team suffered from a huge lack of morale. Grant needs to fix that with the kids right away and get them back to full effort, energy and commitment. That starts with meeting with the kids and getting them to commit to the weight room in the off-season. It also involves tuning out pushy parents and alums and focusing on the program over the politics.

The playoff game performance against Harding was awful and embarrassing. It was obvious that a number of the kids had pretty much signed out for the season. Between that and the b!+ch!ng parents it was apparent that the team suffered from a huge lack of morale. Grant needs to fix that with the kids right away and get them back to full effort, energy and commitment. That starts with meeting with the kids and getting them to commit to the weight room in the off-season. It also involves tuning out pushy parents and alums and focusing on the program over the politics.
You’re right. But ask yourself why the kids were checked out? Why were parents b*^ching? SVSM parents have always been difficult, but the politics and alum influence were pretty obvious the entire season which would have worn down the kids. Coaches aren’t paid enough to deal with parents, but they should be able drown out alum deal with the politics by focusing on the X’s and O’s. I believe the season was lost after the Harvest Prep game. The Harding game wasn’t half as embarrassing as that one (Villa was just as bad). The kids gave up after that HP game. Individuality was focused on by coaches and not team play toward a common goal of winning.

The weight room is a great place to start, but there needs to be more team bonding, leadership development and goal setting with accountability Both on the players and the coaches. Letting the coaches off the hook with no blame is the lack of accountability that permeated the program for past few years. Blaming kids for not playing hard, not being prepared and performing poorly is an excuse. That is the coaches’ responsibility. Never heard Saban blaming a kid, NO he always takes responsibility. These are teaching moments and these boys are NOT men yet, but it part of the coaches responsibility to teach how to be men and learn that hard work pays off, not entitlement.

we might have to make another thread cause why do we have Massillon fans in here and why they talking like they IMG OR MATER DEI. In the last decade of our seven matches we’ve got the best of you four times 2013 2014 2015 2017 we’ve had more success against you guys in your own field but I digress.