Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses

If you got boosted more than two weeks ago, go get an antibody test. You might be surprised. Yeah, you still won't get as sick (for now). But you're killing grandma and the immunocompromised all the same unless you're sheltering in place right now. Also cloth masks never worked, surgical masks no longer work, and now KN95 barely does anything and N95 is sorta good but not like it was. Better get back home, you're just as bad as the hillbillies that don't want the 5G magnetization or whatever.

Ignorance is no excuse, right?

And pre-emptively, source: NPR.

They pose no additional risks. God man the New York Times says this, I'm not getting it from Breitbart. The studies say it. What do you want, a report on everybody's exact viral load submitted to OSHA? By forcing this vaccine on people who don't need it, you'd give more men under 40 an early death from myocarditis than the potential workplace exposure COVID deaths you'd prevent with your logic. Everybody's made their decision to get it or not.

OSHA is not a vehicle for healthcare decisions. You got what you wanted from CMS so tell your nurse she can rest easy. Even the hilljack Ohio legislature won't let an unvaxxed worker into a nursing home.
And elder care is suffering for it.

The responses on this thread are really amusing to me. “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it” was a great quote. If corporations could be trusted to do the right thing, OSHA would not be needed. History is littered with bad actors, and I for one am glad we have a government that provides protection from them. Maybe some of you people should visit some factories in other countries where there are no worker protections. Requiring vacanations and providing PPE or providing and exemptions and testing is just a small sacrifice to make for the health of your coworkers and their family. You people on here are celebrating being less safe in the workplace. The race to the bottom continues.
Corporations created your vaccine in record time.

Last edited:
1642294789266.jpeg

And elder care is suffering for it.
And as anybody that's ever had to help an elder through it knows, it wasn't all that stellar before.

Maybe I'm just a mean guy, but I'm a bit tired of hearing about how wonderful the medical community is. They've had two solid years to open new facilities and hire new people while being showered with free cash and have chosen not to. Balance sheet wouldn't permit it, of course. I won't be taking up one of their precious beds because of Covid, so... best of luck to them!

I’m tired of hearing about social distancing, masks and hiding in your homes. They simply are powerless against Covid19. They qualify as pablum.
What I’d like to hear more about are how new therapeutics and treatments are the future until this effing virus becomes obsolete. But they aren’t part of the Biden/Fauci control over our lives. Politics over common sense. Again.

I’m tired of hearing about social distancing, masks and hiding in your homes. They simply are powerless against Covid19. They qualify as pablum.
What I’d like to hear more about are how new therapeutics and treatments are the future until this effing virus becomes obsolete. But they aren’t part of the Biden/Fauci control over our lives. Politics over common sense. Again.
Any kind of locking down at this point harms more people than it helps. Domestic violence, drug abuse, suicides, etc. will outweigh any gains made.

It's over. It'll be Spring in two months. Everybody has had their chance to get vaxxed. Saved a lot of people initially, doesn't matter anymore. If a worse variant shows up, let me know.

And as anybody that's ever had to help an elder through it knows, it wasn't all that stellar before.

Maybe I'm just a mean guy, but I'm a bit tired of hearing about how wonderful the medical community is. They've had two solid years to open new facilities and hire new people while being showered with free cash and have chosen not to. Balance sheet wouldn't permit it, of course. I won't be taking up one of their precious beds because of Covid, so... best of luck to them!
When short-staffed for profit becomes understaffed for jab mandates, that’s a real problem

When short-staffed for profit becomes understaffed for jab mandates, that’s a real problem
The modern day Democrats never cease to amaze. First it was no strings attached pandemic cash (in concert with the GOP, to be fair) for the medical indsutry and then it was short staffing the most vulnerable rural hospitals for no reason beyond political points. Before that it was screaming bloody murder about Trump repealing the ACA mandate which caused enrollment to go... up. I'd love to meet their strategists.

The modern day Democrats never cease to amaze. First it was no strings attached pandemic cash (in concert with the GOP, to be fair) for the medical indsutry and then it was short staffing the most vulnerable rural hospitals for no reason beyond political points. Before that it was screaming bloody murder about Trump repealing the ACA mandate which caused enrollment to go... up. I'd love to meet their strategists.
Why? You would be convicted of murder instead of released for a justified killing.

I work for a large company that has over 12,000 employees in the US alone.

They immediately dropped the requirement after the SCOTUS ruling.
Good for you, I am sure a large percentage of your coworkers are not pleased. Go Darwin Go!

Good for you, I am sure a large percentage of your coworkers are not pleased. Go Darwin Go!
Workers do not want this. I can tell you, we are a very large global construction company and sampled our people and their answer was they did not want to comply with the ETS. The cost and logistics associated with this would have been insane.

Since there is no tracking data I can tell you that construction workers are not greatly impacted by covid. Why? Because by and large they are healthy. They work outside and move around all day on their feet. They do get covid but the symptoms are more like the common flu. In fact, I have not heard of one construction worker dying or even being hospitalized because of covid. I am convinced that if the data was available it would show very little impact in terms of severity of the disease amongst construction workers. So why do this?

We have a lot of fat obese unhealthy people in this country who have never ran past a cramp in thier life. Think about that. People who eat junk food every day and smoke and whose lungs and heart have never been worked out. People who would struggle to walk a mile. These are the people getting hammered and sadly rightfully so.

The ETS was overreach and poorly conceived.

I like Australia's plan at this point. Let er Rip!

Last edited:
Workers do not want this. I can tell you, we are a very large global construction company and sampled our people and their answer was they did not want to comply with the ETS. The cost and logistics associated with this would have been insane.

Since there is no tracking data I can tell you that construction workers are not greatly impacted by covid. Why? Because by and large they are healthy. They work outside and move around all day on their feet. They do get covid but the symptoms are more like the common flu. In fact, I have not heard of one construction worker dying or even being hospitalized because of covid. I am convinced that if the data was available it would show very little impact in terms of severity of the disease amongst construction workers. So why do this?

We have a lot of fat obese unhealthy people in this country who have never ran past a cramp in thier life. Think about that. People who eat junk food every day and smoke and whose lungs and heart have never been worked out. People who would struggle to walk a mile. These are the people getting hammered and sadly rightfully so.

The ETS was overreach and poorly conceived.

I like Australia's plan at this point. Let er Rip!
Let ‘er rip!

Unless you wanna play tennis.

To be fair, Australia already tried the "don't let ANYONE leave their house!" plan and it didn't work, so they finally just realized that the "let er rip" and get to herd immunity, like smart people were saying 2 years ago, is the better option.
I have always said that I understood why we shut things down originally. I also dislike all of the misinformation when it comes to covid. It is so over politicized on both sides of the aisle that it is even difficult to have a common sense discussion about it. We are two years into this sucker and it is not going away. There will always be another variant. Build up immunity and treat it like the flu. If you are sick, stay home.

I have always said that I understood why we shut things down originally. I also dislike all of the misinformation when it comes to covid. It is so over politicized on both sides of the aisle that it is even difficult to have a common sense discussion about it. We are two years into this sucker and it is not going away. There will always be another variant. Build up immunity and treat it like the flu. If you are sick, stay home.
That's the problem, you are using common sense.

That isn't so common anymore.

Right, we would not want that centralist, e-mail hiding beast at all. Trump had very little to do with it, thank Moscow Mitch. The court is broken maybe forever. It used to be to get confirmation, you had to be somewhat in the middle ideology. We have a stacked activist court, full of far right wignuts. Thanks to Mitch and the Republicans, all three branches of government are broke and doomed.
If you're saying this then something is going well for this country.

Tell a nurse working in a COVID unit or a person with a preexisting condition an unvaccinated person poses no additional risks. Again, a vaccination or an exemption is not too much to ask for. Go Darwin Go!
My daughter has worked in the Covid unit since it's inception. She has never contracted Covid and has not been vaccinated. She gets tested daily. She doesn't feel she is at any greater risk from an unvaccinated person than from a vaccinated person.

Do you know why?

Because by the time she sees the patient they are seriously ill with Covid and their vaccination status doesn't change that.

The vaccinated tend to recover quicker but they pose just as high a risk to her as an unvaccinated person. They both have Covid.

Direct quote from the OSHA case:

"I mean, people forget polio. That was a pretty bad, you can call it a pandemic, you can call it an endemic, I don't know what you would call it, but it was a terrible scourge on this country for many years. We have vaccines against that -- that, but the federal government through OSHA, so far as I know, you can correct me, does not mandate every worker in the country to receive such a vaccine."

All 50 states and the District of Columbia already require the Polio vaccination for school & daycare, so there would be little to no reason for an OSHA mandate. Seems like a fairly silly argument to me. ?‍♂️

"I mean, people forget polio. That was a pretty bad, you can call it a pandemic, you can call it an endemic, I don't know what you would call it, but it was a terrible scourge on this country for many years. We have vaccines against that -- that, but the federal government through OSHA, so far as I know, you can correct me, does not mandate every worker in the country to receive such a vaccine."

All 50 states and the District of Columbia already require the Polio vaccination for school & daycare, so there would be little to no reason for an OSHA mandate. Seems like a fairly silly argument to me. ?‍♂️
And that should not be.. if a parent does not want to give their child shots so be it.
people also did not want to take the polio vax when it first came out.. Take a look at the history and see when the pop reached 50% vaxed for Polio.
OSHA mandate for a vax is an huge over step.. plain and simple.

And that should not be.. if a parent does not want to give their child shots so be it.
people also did not want to take the polio vax when it first came out.. Take a look at the history and see when the pop reached 50% vaxed for Polio.
OSHA mandate for a vax is an huge over step.. plain and simple.
That's not the point of the post. I'm all for parents rights to make their own health decisions. I'm opining on the absurdity of Gorsuch's attempt at comparison.

Keep in mind that large parts of our work force did not attend day care or school in the US. So it isn't a silly argument at all.