Summit County Basketball 2023-24

How many Summit County teams are still playing?

Hoban
Buchtel
STVM
Green
Garfield
CVCA

Anyone else I'm forgetting?

Not any great teams in Summit County this year, but a lot of solid ones! Buchtel seems to be hitting its stride at the right time. And the feel good story of the tournament (as far as Summit County is concerned) has to be Garfield! Great showing young men!

Coventry
Revere
Mogadore (Are they considered Summit or Portage?)
Mogadore school district spans both Summit and Portage counties. In fact the county line runs down the middle of Cleveland Ave., the main street. Although the high school is on the Summit County side, the Board of Education is on the Portage County side. The school district is actually considered in Summit County.

Want another "way-too-early" prediction!?! While Jonas Nichols will be the best player in Summit County this year, Aiden Monroe of STVM will be the best player for the following three years!
I haven’t heard much about him during the regular season. Has he gotten any Varsity time?

I haven’t heard much about him during the regular season. Has he gotten any Varsity time?
Lol! Couldn't tell you! I've been working so much I may as well have lived in a cave these past few months! Haven't seen the Irish this year. Hopefully someone with some first-hand knowledge can chime in!

Revere has built quite a nice program. Good to see them making tournament runs year in and year out.
That's what you get with solid, sustained coaching. The programs with coaching carousels seem to be ones that struggle here and there. And he
does it with Revere kids that will only take him so far. Nances have any grand kids coming through soon, lol.

I don't that there were many in Summit county that would have predicted CVCA to be as dominant as they have been this season after Petersen decided to transfer to the Prep school. Coach Futch has the Royals playing extremely well. Especially on the defensive end of the floor. The Royals have some talent in the pipeline as well. I know the PAC isn't a power conference in hoops but the competition isn't terrible either.

I don't that there were many in Summit county that would have predicted CVCA to be as dominant as they have been this season after Petersen decided to transfer to the Prep school. Coach Futch has the Royals playing extremely well. Especially on the defensive end of the floor. The Royals have some talent in the pipeline as well. I know the PAC isn't a power conference in hoops but the competition isn't terrible either.
Will they be in their new conference next year for Basketball?

Will they be in their new conference next year for Basketball?
I believe they run through the PAC schedule again next season but unaffiliated. At least it's that way for football. The new North Coast league in basketball should be solid and more difficult than the PAC.