STVM 2022-2023

Kudos to Walsh they were the better team last night. STVM was struggling to make any shot outside of a layup. Didn't see the stats but they couldn't seem to make anything, or get a stop. Good lesson.

I heard the big guy for SVSM only had two points? He was the tallest guy on the floor. Gonna need better production from him.

I still think St V is the strongest team in the region, although this probably depends on where teams from the West decide to go.

Hayes is such a smooth player and plays outstanding D as well. Nothing against Kent State but I see him at a better school in college.

The Irish need to find a way to involve Stratford in the offense more. He only had 2 points against Walsh and the Warriors didn’t do anything special to stop him.

I saw the second half of the game last night. SVSM only had one FG in the 3rd quarter and were really stifled by the Walsh D.

SVSM has the better talent, but WJ plays better as a team. The big guy was a non-factor.

If Walsh had hit free throws (they missed like 12-13 FT's in the 2nd half alone), this game wouldn't have been close. They had an 18pt lead before it became a streetball fest late in the 4th quarter.

Good collective game by both teams.

I fail to see the upside to this game. Can someone enlighten me?
The upside?
I mean, the guy who made SVSM basketball a thing - his son goes to Sierra Canyon and he wants them to play each other.
Done.
Hell, they get to fly to California to play a basketball game. And my guess is they won't be flying Spirit Airlines. The team is constructed as an academy, not a typical high school. That's why they have so many state championships.
It ain't because kids from Akron happen to be really good at basketball...
Kids don't come play for SVSM because of the school, city, academics or fanbase - they come because it's Lebron's old stomping grounds and they get exposure and swag. They come to play in games against teams like Sierra Canyon. They don't come to play Stow or Hoban.

The upside?
I mean, the guy who made SVSM basketball a thing - his son goes to Sierra Canyon and he wants them to play each other.
Done.
Hell, they get to fly to California to play a basketball game. And my guess is they won't be flying Spirit Airlines. The team is constructed as an academy, not a typical high school. That's why they have so many state championships.
It ain't because kids from Akron happen to be really good at basketball...
Kids don't come play for SVSM because of the school, city, academics or fanbase - they come because it's Lebron's old stomping grounds and they get exposure and swag. They come to play in games against teams like Sierra Canyon. They don't come to play Stow or Hoban.

The game's in Columbus.

Ohio State plays @ North Carolina Saturday. Maybe you should look at some sort of schedule.
Maybe my point remains the exact same. So, because OSU plays out of town, there will be no recruiters or OSU staff in attendsnce at all? Give me a break.

Why do I need to to look at a schedule when I have a Yappi guy that obviously knows every schedule around?! Tell me, who does New Mexico State play over the next week?

Maybe my point remains the exact same. So, because OSU plays out of town, there will be no recruiters or OSU staff in attendsnce at all? Give me a break.

Why do I need to to look at a schedule when I have a Yappi guy that obviously knows every schedule around?! Tell me, who does New Mexico State play over the next week?
According to SVSM schedule the game is 6 p.m. at Nationwide Arena as part of the Scholastic Play by Play Classic.

STVM's Kevin Hamilton named the game's MVP! Congratulations, young man.

1671328482124.png

What's the upside to playing that game tomorrow? jk, LOL.

Appreciate your jest. Playing an Ohio school is one thing. I have to admit I expected SVSM to get their butts kicked by Sierra Canyon. Based on that, I felt what’s the point? I guess the team showed me.

SVSM 64
Cinci Princeton 56

To quote a tweet “Irish hold off a Princeton comeback.”
It's pretty impressive (1) that the Irish didn't have a letdown after the big game against Sierra Canyon and (2) that they didn't run out of gas in back-to-back games against high quality competition.

Last edited:

You were wrong about two posts in a row. You didn't have a point.

Lol! Don't encourage this or it will take this thread somewhere it does not need to go! I'd like to see this thread survive the season and not get closed down by the mods because it turns into another dumpster fire.
I think this is called gaslighting right?