STVM 2022-2023

I'm not afraid of what I see, unlike others who cannot handle the truth.
While this high-level "I'm rubber and you're glue" discussion you guys are having is riveting, it's gotten to be a little tedious. Still, I'm left to wonder what "the truth" is of which you speak. Is "the truth" your statement that STVM manipulates its enrollment to maintain its D2 status? If so, that is not "the truth"; rather, it is your conclusion about what you want to be true. When queried about what facts you have to support "the truth" you cryptically respond "OHSAA" like that actually is supportive of your "argument". But the only thing you can get from the OHSAA website is the enrollment numbers; not about how those numbers were calculated. From those raw numbers you take the huge logic step to conclude that this somehow proves your conclusion that STVM manipulates its enrollment with an eye towards its divisional classifications for sports. Again, besides the obvious logic gap in getting from Point A to Point B, I can tell you that this is unequivocally not true. I know it to be not true because I was in the room for the student enrollment/ recruitment discussions. A plethora of factors were taken into account. Supply and Demand. Budget. Class size. Class offerings. Teacher/staff hiring requirements. Tuition. Test scores. Applications. Scholarships. And many others. All working in tandem with Finance and the administration. Not once was there any discussion about what impact the enrollment would have on sports. Now, I have no idea of what other private schools do, nor do I particularly care. If I would have to guess, I'd say it's likely pretty much the same. Now, I realize that none of this will impact your version of "the truth". But this is my version of "the truth". And since mine is supported by first-hand knowledge and facts, I think I'll go with mine.

While this high-level "I'm rubber and you're glue" discussion you guys are having is riveting, it's gotten to be a little tedious. Still, I'm left to wonder what "the truth" is of which you speak. Is "the truth" your statement that STVM manipulates its enrollment to maintain its D2 status? If so, that is not "the truth"; rather, it is your conclusion about what you want to be true. When queried about what facts you have to support "the truth" you cryptically respond "OHSAA" like that actually is supportive of your "argument". But the only thing you can get from the OHSAA website is the enrollment numbers; not about how those numbers were calculated. From those raw numbers you take the huge logic step to conclude that this somehow proves your conclusion that STVM manipulates its enrollment with an eye towards its divisional classifications for sports. Again, besides the obvious logic gap in getting from Point A to Point B, I can tell you that this is unequivocally not true. I know it to be not true because I was in the room for the student enrollment/ recruitment discussions. A plethora of factors were taken into account. Supply and Demand. Budget. Class size. Class offerings. Teacher/staff hiring requirements. Tuition. Test scores. Applications. Scholarships. And many others. All working in tandem with Finance and the administration. Not once was there any discussion about what impact the enrollment would have on sports. Now, I have no idea of what other private schools do, nor do I particularly care. If I would have to guess, I'd say it's likely pretty much the same. Now, I realize that none of this will impact your version of "the truth". But this is my version of "the truth". And since mine is supported by first-hand knowledge and facts, I think I'll go with mine.
The topic title is STVM 2022-2023 which is now over, so that fact this topic is still getting posts in any area could be considered tedious. I've never denied where I have seen the information. It's on the OHSAA site. As your fellow fan suggested, we can agree to disagree. But if you think I am alone in my "logic" you are far from reality. :)
Among those plethora of factors or requirements and recruiting, a school controls their enrollment. Now ad in the CB formula and a school controls weather a kid gets counted or not. Seems logical. :giggle:

The topic title is STVM 2022-2023 which is now over, so that fact this topic is still getting posts in any area could be considered tedious. I've never denied where I have seen the information. It's on the OHSAA site. As your fellow fan suggested, we can agree to disagree. But if you think I am alone in my "logic" you are far from reality. :)
Among those plethora of factors or requirements and recruiting, a school controls their enrollment. Now ad in the CB formula and a school controls weather a kid gets counted or not. Seems logical. :giggle:
A lot of people believe a lot of different things. That doesn't make them true. All I can say is what I know to be true based upon my first-hand experiences.

Ok, do you know, first hand, that the StV coaches recruit players from other schools specifically for their basketball program against OHSAA rules.?

Ok, do you know, first hand, that the StV coaches recruit players from other schools specifically for their basketball program against OHSAA rules.?
Do you? If so you should contact the OHSAA and report them….rather than whine about it on a Yappi chat. Actions speak louder than words.

Do you? If so you should contact the OHSAA and report them….rather than whine about it on a Yappi chat. Actions speak louder than words.
They have been reported over the years. If you have ever spoken to directors at the OHSAA you would know there are many reports made every year about violations that schools commit. I was not whining, I was asking for confirmation from someone who says they have inside connections to see if they are posting honestly.

They have been reported over the years. If you have ever spoken to directors at the OHSAA you would know there are many reports made every year about violations that schools commit. I was not whining, I was asking for confirmation from someone who says they have inside connections to see if they are posting honestly.
The reports made to the OHSAA must not be accurate then. All reports are investigated and schools that are found to be in violation are put on probation/coaches are suspended. Plenty of recent examples.

Clearly you are reaching.

Are you making the same accusations about Buchtel? (I’m very very very happy they won D2 - huge and so good for their school). How many of their key players this year were recruited/transferred?

The reports made to the OHSAA must not be accurate then. All reports are investigated and schools that are found to be in violation are put on probation/coaches are suspended. Plenty of recent examples.

Clearly you are reaching.

Are you making the same accusations about Buchtel? (I’m very very very happy they won D2 - huge and so good for their school). How many of their key players this year were recruited/transferred?
We both are aware that the OHSAA has things they KNOW but cannot always PROVE.

When they get reported they will be looked into. Did you make a call?

Back to an actual topic, does anyone have a "scouting report" for next year's team? With the graduation of Hayes, Hamilton and Stratford, a good chunk of the Irish playing time and scoring opportunities will be available. Who is in line to step up to fill the void?

Last edited:
Back to an actual topic, does anyone have a "scouting report" for next year's team? With the graduation of Hayes, Hamilton and Stratford, a good chunk of the Irish playing time and scoring opportunities will be available. Who is in line to step up to fill the void?
Would that be a NEW topic since this one is titled 2022-2023? ;)

Again, ignoring the troll, back to an actual topic, does anyone have a "scouting report" for next year's team? With the graduation of Hayes, Hamilton and Stratford, a good chunk of the Irish playing time and scoring opportunities will be available. Who is in line to step up to fill the void?

Again, ignoring the troll, back to an actual topic, does anyone have a "scouting report" for next year's team? With the graduation of Hayes, Hamilton and Stratford, a good chunk of the Irish playing time and scoring opportunities will be available. Who is in line to step up to fill the void?
Coach Dru hitting the AAU circuit hard trying to fill those voids as we speak. We'll let you know how things work out in the next couple of months.

I hear they might have a strong class coming in the upcoming freshman class. You knew that they were going to be young next year! If they are THAT young, then the Irish will take some lumps next year... But the youngsters will get a ton of experience and be ready to roll in their sophomore campaign!