STOP paying people not to work - NOW!!

You can't handle reality. When there are 11 million jobs open and more than 11 million people are still sitting on their arse at home because the government is outbidding the private sector, the crash is inevitable. Add to that the supply chain crisis and the perfect storm is brewing. The sh__! is about to hit the fan.
Total BS. Enhanced unemployment, started under the Trump administration, is way down the list as to why we have a labor shortage right now. You totally ignore the data.

Couple of thoughts on this:

- if you cut off the benefits and folks still don't return to work, then maybe they no longer need those benefits, and the taxpayers shouldn't be footing the bill for anything above the pre-Covid unemployment insurance at this point.

- It's possible the still-unemployed folks don't want to demean themselves by taking an available warehouse job and start right away because that's not fulfilling, and they're hoping against hope something better will come down the pike, or Covid unemployment/guaranteed income will be extended by the avuncular Pres. Biden. But let's say neither happen, and then the hammer comes down - eviction notices, utilities cut off, bank accounts garnished, etc. When the pain of not working exceeds that of working, will that finally drive them to report for duty?

We will see.
Given that no state unemployment bureaus are probably enforcing work search requirements, I have to believe that you are probably most correct in the fact that people are waiting for the perfect job before they accept one, as long as they are still getting unemployment benefits. Tons of dual income household people rode out the 99 weeks in 2009 and 10. As long as you still have health coverage, if you can avoid commuting expenses AND do other things, why not ?

Last edited:
Good grief....you are in a bubble.
Nice retort. You are the one in a bubble not seeing what the Far Left Progressives are trying to do. Seek treatment for your TDS so that you can start seeing beyond the fenced in pen holding all you sheep together.

Total BS. Enhanced unemployment, started under the Trump administration, is way down the list as to why we have a labor shortage right now. You totally ignore the data.

I've previously listed all the handouts; I'm not in charge of reminding you every other day.

I've previously listed all the handouts; I'm not in charge of reminding you every other day.
If I were Biden, I would sign an emergency EO and issue a few million work visas for a bunch of Haitians.

Recruiters need to reach out to inner cities. What a beautiful opportunity for women and men of color. Amazon is doing it and paying $15 an hour. Imagine $30 to start.

Sounds like a good job for those 50+ years old that have little to do but sit around all day watching Fox News and perusing wing nut media sites.

? :ROFLMAO: ? Joe Tax

“This is quite a deflating report,” said Nick Bunker, economic research director at jobs placement site Indeed. “This year has been one of false dawns for the labor market. Demand for workers is strong and millions of people want to return to work, but employment growth has yet to find its footing.”

1633718973424.png

Apparently there are over 70 ships now sitting outside Long Beach. Back in July it was only around 45. Joe really has f’d the US economy in less than a year.
Maybe Peter Puffer Pete can fix it now that he back to work??‍♂️. Maybe they could “ship” (lol) the Illegals to Long Beach to unload the ships??‍♂️. Biden and his cabinet could F up an iron ball!

Maybe Peter Puffer Pete can fix it now that he back to work??‍♂️. Maybe they could “ship” (lol) the Illegals to Long Beach to unload the ships??‍♂️. Biden and his cabinet could F up an iron ball!
He's busy pumping breast milk right now, maybe later.

Pretty sad that we have to compete against our own government to obtain labor.

The government has destroyed the work ethic.
Good for those new workers in Hubbard! Looks like that plant cost 60M to build so paying a nice signing bonus is good business. Why are you guys against workers?

Good for those new workers in Hubbard! Looks like that plant cost 60M to build so paying a nice signing bonus is good business. Why are you guys against workers?

Who said anyone was against workers? Stop making up stuff.

As an aside, what do the employees already on staff think about a newbie getting $4,000?

As an aside, what do the employees already on staff think about a newbie getting $4,000?

Most employers are giving their current employee’s cash bonuses or more vacation days as compensation. A local employer gave their employee’s the option of cash or vacation time. A good chunk of the employee’s took the extra time off as opposed to the cash.

Just my observation but the employers having the most success hiring and retaining are the ones with the best benefits not highest wage.

Last edited:

You called the signing bonus pretty sad. I call it very cool.

Not sure but if they don't like their job, they should quit and get a better one. Maybe another company will pay them a nice signing bonus? This will go down as the golden era of workers.

Most employers are giving their current employee’s cash bonuses or more vacation days as compensation. A local employer gave their employee’s the option of cash or vacation time. The majority of the employee’s took the extra time off as opposed to the cash.
A more popular trend is unlimited vacation. My wife just implemented it at her company. Makes great sense. Lot's of innovative policies being utilized today.

You called the signing bonus pretty sad. I call it very cool.

Not sure but if they don't like their job, they should quit and get a better one. Maybe another company will pay them a nice signing bonus? This will go down as the golden era of workers.

No, I did not. What is sad is that employers are having to compete with the government for labor; that is sad. We should be on the same team; the government should not be giving handouts when there are 11 million jobs available. But it is the age-old story, government creates a problem, and then government thinks it can solve the problem but actually makes it worse. It's getting old.

No, I did not. What is sad is that employers are having to compete with the government for labor; that is sad. We should be on the same team; the government should not be giving handouts when there are 11 million jobs available. But it is the age-old story, government creates a problem, and then government thinks it can solve the problem but actually makes it worse. It's getting old.
They are not competing with the government. They are competing with other companies. Welfare is not the primary problem. We have 11M open jobs and are within 3M of the all time largest workforce in history. Do the math. Welfare is far from the biggest issue. Do you know what the average annual amount of assistance per person is?

In keeping with their policies to pay people not to work, they now want to hand out $450,000 to illegal aliens.

We are literally in the twilight zone.

In keeping with their policies to pay people not to work, they now want to hand out $450,000 to illegal aliens.

We are literally in the twilight zone.
Almost the last thing they want to do is pay 45OK to aliens. The last thing they want to do is pay 7M to aliens like we did with Joe Arpaio.

Not only do the libs pay people not to work; they are now going to force companies to make people not work.

The level of insanity is beyond measure.