STOP paying people not to work - NOW!!

Right now, the latest data shows that we have 9.9 million job openings in the U.S., but only 5.8 million unemployed workers.Jun 9, 2023
5.8M eligible for and receiving benefits from their respective state bureaus of unemployment, or eligible and receiving + ineligible and seeking state placement services ?

Not actual non-participatory potential workers, right ? It feels as if your tone implies that we don't have enough idle bodies to throw at jobs, which certainly is NOT the case.

5.8M eligible for and receiving benefits from their respective state bureaus of unemployment, or eligible and receiving + ineligible and seeking state placement services ?

Not actual non-participatory potential workers, right ? It feels as if your tone implies that we don't have enough idle bodies to throw at jobs, which certainly is NOT the case.
You can't just throw bodies at jobs. Some bodies can't do certain jobs. As far as my tone, If you read all my stuff with a sing song happy voice in your head, You'll be close.

Right now, the latest data shows that we have 9.9 million job openings in the U.S., but only 5.8 million unemployed workers.Jun 9, 2023

Farcical. We hardly count a fraction of the "unemployed", they are no longer in the ridiculous equation; they stopped working; they are not looking for work; they don't have to work; they get paid more by the government than if they went to work --- that's the issue.

Farcical. We hardly count a fraction of the "unemployed", they are no longer in the ridiculous equation; they stopped working; they are not looking for work; they don't have to work; they get paid more by the government than if they went to work --- that's the issue.
How many? How many people get paid more by the government not to work than work?

Our agency is hiring, and I've talked to others who have noticed the same thing recently, the number of people now applying for jobs who simply have no work history for the last 2-3 years.

You can't just throw bodies at jobs. Some bodies can't do certain jobs. As far as my tone, If you read all my stuff with a sing song happy voice in your head, You'll be close.
So, you are either going off half-cocked again or you are hesitant to admit that far more than 5.8M people are out of work. Which is it ?

I'm not saying the system isn't being abused, it is, but not all those that "stand in line" should be judged by those who shouldn't be. I believe in limited government interference, but I also do have some compassion for those that find themselves in a position where they need the help.

A job is not necessarily a job. If you budget your bills based on your current salary, then have to settle for a job with less pay and benefits, your financials become marginalized. I had a neighbor growing up whose father had been laid off. He eventually found another job that paid comparitively to his old one. But that time in between caused them to fall behind on their mortgage, cars and utilities. Its tough to live paycheck to paycheck when there isnt one.

So, you are either going off half-cocked again or you are hesitant to admit that far more than 5.8M people are out of work. Which is it ?
Do you work ? Oh that’s right . Independent wealth as a result of your high IQ .( highest in your districts history at one point doofus ?)Preoccupation with things like trans people and who is working and who isnt is just your way of caring about the less fortunate and ostracized 😂 what a human being you are . Special

Do you work ? Oh that’s right . Independent wealth as a result of your high IQ .( highest in your districts history at one point doofus ?)Preoccupation with things like trans people and who is working and who isnt is just your way of caring about the less fortunate and ostracized 😂 what a human being you are . Special
Angry Fed Up GIF

I don’t really work unless I find a project I want to take on. I am a participant in a contract that lends a sort independence to the pile that I have accumulated, yes, but my wants are modest so you don’t have to be impressed. My material needs are met by past efforts, regardless. I have been pretty much deeking around most of the time and busting my asz in short bursts for the past five years, for the benefit of the fam.

Certainly no one scheduling me but me anymore, aside from my spousal entertainment coordinator and the big events outside the scope of my own control that I wish to attend. Opening Day of walleye season in central Ontario is a good example. Also those meh events that I am “obliged” to indulge for the wife’s mental well being.

Jealous, bitch ? 😉

The point was Qcity posted 11 million jobs available. He's using outdated or made up numbers. You have chosen to fixate on a different number. Of course there are more than 5.8m people not working. I never stated otherwise. I simply posted published numbers and not something made up like Qcity.

Say there are 10 million job openings and 10 million people needing jobs. The location of the jobs and the people matter. The skills needed vs skills of the workers matters. Eventually you get down to a number of jobs and a number of unqualified workers or jobs locations and qualified workers not in the same location. Many other factors as well. In a country of over 300 million, maybe it comes to 10 million jobs and 5 million workers. All we can do is compare the numbers we have to numbers in the past. Is the state of Ohio lying about it's numbers? Alabama, Florida? The answer is no.

How many? How many people get paid more by the government not to work than work?

$1.2 trillion spent on welfare. Assume 10% of the people are on it, say 33 million. Say two per household, so 16.5 million households. Divide 1.2 trillion by 16.5 million households = $73,000. $73k is at or above the average household income. So, you could say 'all of them'.

Expanding Welfare Without Work
  • President Biden’s 2024 budget continues his Administration’s disturbing trend of discouraging work. The Biden Budget proposes resurrecting the expanded Child Tax Credit spending program from the ARP, radically changing the long-standing, bipartisan Child Tax Credit by removing work requirementsand turning it into an unconditional cash payment per child.
  • This policy would cost taxpayers an astonishing cost of $429 billion despite only expanding for just three years. However, the removal of work requirements would be permanent policy.
  • If the policy was made permanent, Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) analysisprojects, over the next decade, this expanded entitlement programs would:
    • Cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion over the next decade,
    • Shrink the economy by $50 billion,
    • Lead to a $19 billion loss of private-sector investment,
    • Sideline 300,000 workers, pushing more Americans on welfare dependence.
  • Biden discourages work at precisely the wrong time:

• President Biden’s 2024 budget continues his Administration’s disturbing trend of discouraging work. The Biden Budget proposes resurrecting the expanded Child Tax Credit spending program from the ARP, radically changing the long-standing, bipartisan Child Tax Credit by removing work requirementsand turning it into an unconditional cash payment per child.
  • This policy would cost taxpayers an astonishing cost of $429 billion despite only expanding for just three years. However, the removal of work requirements would be permanent policy.
  • If the policy was made permanent, Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) analysisprojects, over the next decade, this expanded entitlement programs would:

And he actually wants to increase it to $2.6 trillion.

Literally unbelievable.

$1.2 trillion spent on welfare. Assume 10% of the people are on it, say 33 million. Say two per household, so 16.5 million households. Divide 1.2 trillion by 16.5 million households = $73,000. $73k is at or above the average household income. So, you could say 'all of them'.
So you have no idea. I would think that since this is a big gripe of yours, that you would at least know some of the numbers. You are literally making numbers up. Assume.... Say...

You Started a thread that you are throwing guesses at.

Should we let kids go hungry? Should we stop Pell Grants? Let people freeze in the winter? Should there be training that may help fill those 11 million (ish) jobs or not? What about taking care of veterans? Active duty military?

You are very passionate about something that you are very ignorant about.

Maybe we can use this as a learning and teaching moment. Let's start of with what is welfare. What are you calling welfare? Your 33 million is less than half by the way.

You realize that the trillions in welfare benefits are not included in the calculations to determine "poverty" level. Not only that, the benefits are not taxed. If you get income from working, you pay taxes on the income; if you get income from freebies, you do not pay taxes. Thus, the bureaucrats handing out the trillions do not even have proper data to base such decisions on.

As for the numbers; they are what they are. If you want to divide the $1.2 trillion by a different number, have at it. It is not debatable that in many instances you can make more - much more- by not working. That's a fact. You can do your own DD on it.

Who said anything about letting kids go hungry? Not me. That's just a poor emotional leftist talking point.

I also posted that food stamps doubled from '19 to '23, from $63 billion to $127 billion. That's another fact.

We have 10 million jobs available, they are going unfilled largely because a helluva lot of people have figured out they don't need to take those jobs. You can ask yourself why. Most of us know why.

You realize that the trillions in welfare benefits are not included in the calculations to determine "poverty" level. Not only that, the benefits are not taxed. If you get income from working, you pay taxes on the income; if you get income from freebies, you do not pay taxes. Thus, the bureaucrats handing out the trillions do not even have proper data to base such decisions on.

As for the numbers; they are what they are. If you want to divide the $1.2 trillion by a different number, have at it. It is not debatable that in many instances you can make more - much more- by not working. That's a fact. You can do your own DD on it.

Who said anything about letting kids go hungry? Not me. That's just a poor emotional leftist talking point.

I also posted that food stamps doubled from '19 to '23, from $63 billion to $127 billion. That's another fact.

We have 10 million jobs available, they are going unfilled largely because a helluva lot of people have figured out they don't need to take those jobs. You can ask yourself why. Most of us know why.
Gather up all your middle aged lazy white buddies and get to work.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://committeetounleashprosperity.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Paying-Americans-Not-to-Work.pdf

Paying Americans Not to Work​

1689083201254.png
Committee To Unleash Prosperity
https://committeetounleashprosperity.com › Pay...

PDF

Dec 21, 2022 — Casey Mulligan is a Professor of Economics at the University of Chicago, ... returning to work may not pay for many households.

Good study from former Chief Economist at the White House Council of Economic Advisors and professor of economics at the University of Chicago. Enjoy.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://committeetounleashprosperity.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Paying-Americans-Not-to-Work.pdf

Paying Americans Not to Work

View attachment 43400

PDF

Dec 21, 2022 — Casey Mulligan is a Professor of Economics at the University of Chicago, ... returning to work may not pay for many households.

Good study from former Chief Economist at the White House Council of Economic Advisors and professor of economics at the University of Chicago. Enjoy.
Don't show CAN.... Show how many DO. This is not a Study. It is a hypothesis. Washington looks like a Welfare haven, New Jersey is up there on the list too. New Jersey ranks 49th on dependency of federal funds. Washington is 44th. Massachusetts is 48th. Minnesota 47th. All top the lists of this hypothetical pay not to work piece.

What are the real numbers?

Paying Americans Not to Work

View attachment 43400

PDF

They usually make the eligible hand-out total a few bucks less than the after taxes wage incentive to go back to work for the lower half of the economy.

Wow, on the food stamps data.