State Tournament Alternates

Boro Fan

I didn't see a thread yet, so I figured I would start one

Here are all of the alternates that are in for this weekend so far:

D1
120: Skiba (Brunswick) replaced Rohr (Massillon Perry) - This could open up the door for Perrysburg to finish 2nd in the team race

215: Lefeld (Nordonia) replaced Fair (Massillon Washington)

D2
106: Everyone knows the Walker situation. Spellacy (Padua Franciscan) is in.

215: Pion (Vandalia Butler) replaced Hoke (Graham)

D3
113: Hering (Berkshire) replaced Shore (Miami East)

157: McCourt (Dalton) replaced McCrork (Waynedale)

175: Gavan Smith (Reedsville Eastern) replaced Morgan Breniser (Huntington Ross)

Last edited:

Question if you were a coach and had 3 alternates and they all told you we have no desire to go!! Weather it’s maintaining weight or whatever!! What’s the state of your program? I couldn’t believe this when I heard it.

Question if you were a coach and had 3 alternates and they all told you we have no desire to go!! Weather it’s maintaining weight or whatever!! What’s the state of your program? I couldn’t believe this when I heard it.
We had an alternate once. I was really shocked to learn that the OHSAA makes an alternate buy a ticket to get in. Thats outrageous. They should at least get one Session 1 ticket so they can be in the weigh in area during weighins. Or if they are worried about giving away a seat just give them an entry pass that doesn’t include a seat.

Just my thinking, if they were a senior and it was a forgone conclusion that they would probably go two and out, I would say you're a big boy, you and your parents decide. Otherwise, I would do my best to encourage the wrestler and his parents that the total experience would be something they would really come to appreciate.

Last edited:
We had an alternate once. I was really shocked to learn that the OHSAA makes an alternate buy a ticket to get in. Thats outrageous. They should at least get one Session 1 ticket so they can be in the weigh in area during weighins. Or if they are worried about giving away a seat just give them an entry pass that doesn’t include a seat.
Weighins take place way before session 1 so there is no need for a tix to be in the weighin area. However you could give them a nosebleed tix that no one will be using anyway.

In 2019 we had not one, but two alternates get in. It was incredible. We couldn't believe it.

Our alternates will always be ready.

Last edited:
Added:

D1
120: Skiba (Brunswick) replaced Rohr (Massillon Perry) - This could open up the door for Perrysburg to finish 2nd in the team race

D3

Last edited:
Added:

D1
113: Skiba (Brunswick) replaced Rohr (Massillon Perry) - This could open up the door for Perrysburg to finish 2nd in the team race

D3
What happened to Rorh, Skin? Weight? still stuck outside in-line?

Damn, hoping it was just a rumor 😔. Congratulations to the senior from Berkshire
Obviously the TR-5 (Jett Daniels from Greeneview) wasn't ready to go, but does anyone know if Hering was the first name drawn after that or were other wrestlers not ready to go as well?

Added:

D1
113: Skiba (Brunswick) replaced Rohr (Massillon Perry) - This could open up the door for Perrysburg to finish 2nd in the team race

D3
Skiba and Rohr are 120

The almighty dollar...smh