State Title Talk

Wilson will probably keep it within a decision just because it’s the state finals but it will be close to a major.
He hasn't majored the Freshman Aquila in their last two meetings, one by 5-0 and the last at districts being 10-3. I don't think he majors either O'Brien or Wilson.

Last edited:
He hasn't majored the Freshman Aquila in their last two meetings, one by 5-0 and the last at districts being 10-3. I don't think he majors either Bennett or Wilson.
Maybe, but I don’t see either being a legit challenge to Joy. 10-3 and 5-0 are still pretty convincing victories.

Confused on the DII #106 bracket. Why is the Kenston #2 on #1 instead of the Kenston #5?

Just a quick question that is not worth the opening of a new thread, and I'm not hijacking this thread. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a team, any division, has won the team title without having had an individual champion? If that hasn't happened, what is the fewest number of individual champions a team that won the team title had that year that anyone knows of? Maybe one or two? Thanks.

Just a quick question that is not worth the opening of a new thread, and I'm not hijacking this thread. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a team, any division, has won the team title without having had an individual champion? If that hasn't happened, what is the fewest number of individual champions a team that won the team title had that year that anyone knows of? Maybe one or two? Thanks.
Not sure if there has been a team win it without a champ, I'm sure there are also more than this example but in 2012 - Apple Creek Waynedale won in D3 with only 1 champ.

Nordonia high school in 1977 i beleive. I cant remember if they had 1 champ. I dont think they did.

I think Budde brothers Won it. Vaughn maybe. I dont recall
Actually it was Joe and Marty Collins plus Mike Buddie. There were a LOT of big names who won titles that year (Fried, Holman, Frimel, Andrassy) along with a real surprise at 130, where everyone thought Fried would be.

Actually it was Joe and Marty Collins plus Mike Buddie. There were a LOT of big names who won titles that year (Fried, Holman, Frimel, Andrassy) along with a real surprise at 130, where everyone thought Fried would be.
Ahhh. Sounds right. Boy I butchered that one. Totally forgot about Collins...thanks!

Since this thread is State Title Talk, who can retell the story of the wrestler with the
“I am Not #100” t-shirt
Late 80s maybe 90s. Think the wrestler with the t-shirt was from Twinsburg or Solon?

What set of brothers has the best chances of winning two titles this year? I can think of at least 3 contenders!