State Title Talk

What set of brothers has the best chances of winning two titles this year? I can think of at least 3 contenders!
I don’t think any sets get 2, but if I had to pick I would say the Ohl’s or the Brown’s

Last edited:
Since this thread is State Title Talk, who can retell the story of the wrestler with the
“I am Not #100” t-shirt
Late 80s maybe 90s. Think the wrestler with the t-shirt was from Twinsburg or Solon?
In 1989 Brian Haring (Twinsburg) beat Nick Cianciola (Genoa) by fall at 3:59 at 119 pounds.
I once talked to Dave Mariola Sr (Haring's coach) and he remembered Haring sneaking out to get the shirt made but had no idea that this was about to go down.

In 1989 Brian Haring (Twinsburg) beat Nick Cianciola (Genoa) by fall at 3:59 at 119 pounds.
I once talked to Dave Mariola Sr (Haring's coach) and he remembered Haring sneaking out to get the shirt made but had no idea that this was about to go down.
Cianciola got is 100th win in the semis and was looking for his 3rd state title (I believe). After his semis win he did an interview and said he was looking forward to his 101st win in the finals - just assuming he would win. And by all rights he should have been confident. Harring was a relatively unheralded wrestler and had never done much to make you think he could give Cianciola a match. Saturday morning before the finals and after seeing the interview he has a shirt made that said “I’m not 101”. He wears it onto the finals mat for the whole crowd to see and proceeds to catch Cianciola in a lat drop (if I remember correctly) and pins him. One of the biggest upsets ever - at that time.

Rohrs/Browns/Millers would be perhaps my top 3 guesses....for dual titles. Not sure if any can go duo's.
Bick twins and Rohrs have a few years to grow....
Millers have 1 more shot....(Miller/Thomas Trilogy)

I'm gonna have to go with the Browns.....

What set of brothers has the best chances of winning two titles this year? I can think of at least 3 contenders!
I think the below list provide the best chance of both brothers winning titles. Will we see it? Who knows. Will be fun to watch!

D1:
Rohr's (Perry) - both are in challenging weights, but both are talented. It might be tough, but I wouldn't be surprised should it happen.
Brown's (Eds) - Karson is in with Mason Rohr, so one set of brothers could be out based on that. Kade has taken a loss to Curtis earlier this year at state duals.
Miller's (Eds) - I think JR wins it. Can Ty beat Thomas from LaSalle?

D2:
Ohl's (Ontario) - I think Jacob wins it at 113. Aiden was beat in the district finals last weekend and I could see a few people potentially winning this weight depending on who has their mind in the right place this weekend.
Shulaw's (DeSales) - The question is can Lincoln close a very large gap with Neitenbach? I don't think so, but crazier things have happened at the state tournament.

D3:
King's (Barnesville) - Dakota/Skyler/Ayden - Are they all brothers? If so, all three have challenging weights, but they have the talent to put themselves in a position to win a state title. Will all 3? I don't think so, but could 2 of them? Possibly.
Thomas's (Harrison Central) - I think 215 is a 2 man race between DeLano and Ripke, but could Lucas provide a challenge and possibly pull an upset or two? I think HWT is open with the top 3 guys and Landen Thomas is one of those guys.

Just a quick question that is not worth the opening of a new thread, and I'm not hijacking this thread. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a team, any division, has won the team title without having had an individual champion? If that hasn't happened, what is the fewest number of individual champions a team that won the team title had that year that anyone knows of? Maybe one or two? Thanks.
Licking Heights Won Class A Title in 1977 with 1 State Champ Mark Lowe at 155

You will be able to watch archived matches on flo.
Thats what I was thinking. It's hard to catch all the matches live and I would go back and watch some good ones I missed. I don't remember how long it would take for them to show in the archives.

1709831926314.png

I purchased this last fall to watch state cross country, football, and volleyball. Cross country had about a 5 minute delay. Volleyball didn't work until the matches were over.
I bought it again this week to watch basketball on Tuesday. Every game I tried said check back, we are having technical difficulties.
Proceed at your own risk.

Also, look online for codes. I saved 50 % with 50DND. So....Is it worth the $ 6 risk, probably. Because you can play it back later.

NFHS lists it as upcoming.

1709837153119.png

Last edited:
Since this thread is State Title Talk, who can retell the story of the wrestler with the
“I am Not #100” t-shirt
Late 80s maybe 90s. Think the wrestler with the t-shirt was from Twinsburg or Solon?
Speaking of Solon, does anyone here remember back in 2012 (I think) when the Solon wrestlers all brought their best Halloween costumes with them to State. And they wore them the whole tournament up until the finals.

Brandon Thompson dressed up like a chicken, Anthony Collica dressed like a cowboy and walked around like he had bowed legs, hands on his holsters, when he was on deck. And then they had a big guy who dressed up as a burglar. Pretty sure they went on to finish 1st, 1st, and 3rd.

Last edited:
Speaking of Solon, does anyone here remember back in 2012 (I think) when the Solon wrestlers all brought their best Halloween costumes with them to State. And they wore them the whole tournament up until the finals.

Brandon Thompson dressed up like a chicken, Anthony Collica dressed like a cowboy and walked around like he had bowed legs, hands in his holsters, when he was on deck. And then they had a big guy who dressed up as a burglar. Pretty sure they went on to finish 1st, 1st, and 3rd.
I remember this! I knew it was Solon, but didnt know who from Solon. You better finish high on the podium after that.

Brandon Thompson dressed up like a chicken, Anthony Collica dressed like a cowboy and walked around like he had bowed legs, hands in his holsters, when he was on deck. And then they had a big guy who dressed up as a burglar. Pretty sure they went on to finish 1st, 1st, and 3rd.
The Hamburglar was Justin Kresovic

Looks like they are going into Consi round 1 of D3 before D1 championship round......Alllllrighty then!

Karson Brown -120
Marcus Blaze- 132
Kade Brown- 138
Omar Ayoub- 144
Jaxon Joy-150
Jeremy Ginter-157
Ethan Birden - 165
Tyrel Miller- 175
Jarrel Miller -190
Aidan Weime- 215
Aidan Fockler-HWT