State Championship Updates (Anna vs Springfield Local)

Forget it. Too many penalties and turnovers. Can't force that throw but put in that situation because of the 3rd down penalty. Springfield lacks discipline.

#20 for Anna - dammmm! He does everything. I started watching when he ran the long TD. Then he crushes the Springfield WR. Then he decides to add a pick-6. ?

Springfield ball on their 48.

1- pass 1 yard
2- pass 6 yards
3- run 5 yards

First down

Forget it. Too many penalties and turnovers. Can't force that throw but put in that situation because of the 3rd down penalty. Springfield lacks discipline.
I wouldn't go as far as saying they're undisciplined. This is a very good football team who is playing poorly at the biggest stage. Doesn't make them undisciplined, they just weren't/aren't ready for this type of pressure.

Springfield ball on Anna 40.

1- run 0 yards
2- pass incomplete
3- double reverse run (-5) yards
4- going for it...scramble 6 yards. Turn over on downs

Anna ball on their 39.

1- run 3 yards
2- run 3 yards...penalty Anna false start (-5) yards
3- run 12 yards

First down

5:23 3Q

I wouldn't go as far as saying they're undisciplined. This is a very good football team who is playing poorly at the biggest stage. Doesn't make them undisciplined, they just weren't/aren't ready for this type of pressure.
Can call it what you want maybe lack of focus better term. However this game is over.

Yeah, maybe. I mean they didn't go 14-0 by being an undisciplined team. I'm just saying, Anna has been here before. Springfield has not. It matters.
Anna has not been here before if you are referring to the state finals.
Anyone know where Huelskamp will be going to college?
Might not go to college. Would be a good D2 or D3 player for somebody.

Yeah, maybe. I mean they didn't go 14-0 by being an undisciplined team. I'm just saying, Anna has been here before. Springfield has not. It matters.
As said above, Anna has never played in the state final.

They probably have more experience in big games playing in the MAC, but this is their first state final.

Ok. Maybe I shouldn't have compared the two. BUT. I stand by - They didn't go 14-0 being undisciplined. Sorry for the mixup, fellas.

Anna hasn't been past the regional semifinal round until this year. But considering who they play, that experience counts a great deal.

Springfield ball on their 42.

1- sack (-9) yards
2- pass incomplete
3- pass incomplete
4- punting from their 33...Anna takes over at their 29.