St. Xavier Soccer 2008

Will St. Xavier win a state title in 2008?

• Yes

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 87.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again, as I stated, most players do not play the same position for club as they do high school. Whether George played offense or defense...as a matter fact who cares if it is George or not, lets talk about Milford and what adding a great offensive player does for them:

Milford, a good team with alot of talented players. 95% of their best players play midfield and forward. They are NOT all only offensive minded players. They are put into that situation b/c of the style they play. You give them a great offensively minded player to put on the attack, then there are 3 players to choose from that are all around good players which are starting in the mid or forward, yet could play great D at a high school level...possibly all-city. All I've been saying is that they have put all of their strengths in offensive positions...this doesn't mean that they are only offensive players. Take Elder's team last year as an example. They took one of their strongest starting center-mids and put him at sweeper. He's a great offensive center mid for club, but got the job done on D to make it to the final 4.

Also, I've NEVER said Milford would "get out of the region" regardless of who they pick up. I personally don't think they will. An addition would help though.

Actually, you said "Unless Milford picks up George, then they won't make it out of the region"