St. Xavier Soccer 2008

Will St. Xavier win a state title in 2008?

• Yes

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 87.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Considering the fact that St. X hasn't won a state championship in since the 1980s, I'd say that statement is hilarious.

come on man although we do have a good class you seriously need to stop hyping x on every single thread on yappi. all it does is make people hate us even more

I'm curious...who are some of the starters for St X next year & what kind of accolades do they have? (all-league, all-city, all-state, etc) Honestly I don't know much about them but just wonder how many stand outs they will have.

we'll be returning something like 10-11 players from varsity last year, 6 or 7 starters
sam schulte (sweeper) was 1st team gcl and 1st team all district
mack hoban (midfield) and danny lusheck (midfield) were 2nd team gcl
defense will be returning 3 out of 4 starters (not including gk) from a team that had 10 shutouts last year, it will be a strong point

Last edited:
The 2005 team had way better seniors and they couldn't get the job done. Are there any returning players that were 1st team All-SW or All-State? I'd like to pull for the bombers

I think that St. X will be a very strong team next year. However their chances of winning state are very slim...The 2005 team was freakishly good with like 6 of those players ended up playing D1 soccer and even they could not win state...I don't think we should talk about st. x before we talk about teams like milford and farifield which will be the 2 teams that will be front runners for the title out of cincinnati. saintxavierbomber don't fire your mouth off to quick my friend

the st xavier goal keeper situation is fine john feister is the truth.
the team that went to state in 05 had 3 seniors play d1 at yale louisville and ohio northern. they also had some key junior who now play d1.
st x will have the most physical middle of the field in the city with hoban luscheck benter and shulte. throw jacobs and saccucci in there and its a war in the middle of the field.
i'll admit milford has a more skillful mid field with g-haus ben jones and michelson
but this TEAM is capable of going places this year.

Milford will be no better than they were last year. Put a fast, big, physical offense against them and they are done.

X will be a damn good team, but I don't think any team from the south will make state. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

milford will be solid but yes defense will be there biggest weakness. if they put haberer back there instead of in the midfield along with michelson and george returning at goalie it should be enough to win them an favc title because they have so many attacking weapons

if george (CHCA) transfers to milford it will definitely help milford move around and support the back if he were to play outside mid/back or forward

milford's keeper is not that impressive and won't have a major impact on his teams success next year. i've seen the st. x goalie play quite a bit and i would say he is one of the best in this years upcoming senior class. milford will by far be the strongest team out of cincinnati though.

milford's keeper is not that impressive and won't have a major impact on his teams success next year. i've seen the st. x goalie play quite a bit and i would say he is one of the best in this years upcoming senior class. milford will by far be the strongest team out of cincinnati though.

Strongest offensive team. Defense wins championships. Unless Milford picks up George, then they won't make it out of the region.

the st xavier goal keeper situation is fine john feister is the truth.
the team that went to state in 05 had 3 seniors play d1 at yale louisville and ohio northern. they also had some key junior who now play d1.
st x will have the most physical middle of the field in the city with hoban luscheck benter and shulte. throw jacobs and saccucci in there and its a war in the middle of the field.
i'll admit milford has a more skillful mid field with g-haus ben jones and michelson
but this TEAM is capable of going places this year.

p.s. ohio northern is d3.

st ex will have a physical midfield at all, most of those kids are just decently skilled and a bit quick but not even all that fast
they may win gcl, but they wont make it out of the region

if george (CHCA) transfers to milford it will definitely help milford move around and support the back if he were to play outside mid/back or forward

Phenom, just in case you didn't read it the first time. Add a talented forward, move another talented player from attacking role into their garbage defense. Not all high school attacking players are only attacking players, they are sometimes forced into roles they don't normally play in club.

No, I read it right the first time. Again, how does adding an attacking player to an attacking line-up make your defense stronger? Moving an attcking player into a "garbage defense" doesn't make your defense better all of sudden. Or for that matter, "good enough to get of the region."

Besides, George wasn't good enough to make a difference for a D3 team and take them out of districts, what makes you think he could do it on the D1 level?

Again, as I stated, most players do not play the same position for club as they do high school. Whether George played offense or defense...as a matter fact who cares if it is George or not, lets talk about Milford and what adding a great offensive player does for them:

Milford, a good team with alot of talented players. 95% of their best players play midfield and forward. They are NOT all only offensive minded players. They are put into that situation b/c of the style they play. You give them a great offensively minded player to put on the attack, then there are 3 players to choose from that are all around good players which are starting in the mid or forward, yet could play great D at a high school level...possibly all-city. All I've been saying is that they have put all of their strengths in offensive positions...this doesn't mean that they are only offensive players. Take Elder's team last year as an example. They took one of their strongest starting center-mids and put him at sweeper. He's a great offensive center mid for club, but got the job done on D to make it to the final 4.

Also, I've NEVER said Milford would "get out of the region" regardless of who they pick up. I personally don't think they will. An addition would help though.

Bomber you are obviously not watching the games very closely...John Fiester is a good, smart, solid goalkeeper. And if you did watch the games then you would know that he only played in a few games from what I was told therefore how could u possibly come to the conclussion that he was a bad GK simply from watching him play 3 times? He is a good keeper and one of the better ones in the city and will just add more power to this very good st x lineup.