St. X. Basketball thread '23-'24

So someone asking if all of this smoke leads to fire is out of left field (none of which I created), yet all of the smoke is A-OK?

Typical - there's nothing crazy or stalking about my questions. The silence is deafening.

Just because you refuse to be vulnerable doesn't make me the bad guy. But you'll try, oh how you'll try.

Divert and distort.

Just ban me if that's the MO here too.
Didn't you already get your answer ? Geez buddy....move on.

So someone asking if all of this smoke leads to fire is out of left field (none of which I created), yet all of the smoke is A-OK?

Typical - there's nothing crazy or stalking about my questions. The silence is deafening.

Just because you refuse to be vulnerable doesn't make me the bad guy. But you'll try, oh how you'll try.

Divert and distort.

Just ban me if that's the MO here too.
From the sounds of it, there was some smoke and it had some validity to it but it was handled by the school - end of story.
No vulnerability.
No distortion.
No diversion.
No fire.
I think a lot of us are scratching our heads trying to figure out why you have such an incessant need for more information due to your perceived creation of some sort conspiracy theory. Every school out there has disciplinary issues come up every day to which they handle. I'm not sure when it became a necessity to report every intimate detail to you or the entire free world for that matter.

From the sounds of it, there was some smoke and it had some validity to it but it was handled by the school - end of story.
No vulnerability.
No distortion.
No diversion.
No fire.
I think a lot of us are scratching our heads trying to figure out why you have such an incessant need for more information due to your perceived creation of some sort conspiracy theory. Every school out there has disciplinary issues come up every day to which they handle. I'm not sure when it became a necessity to report every intimate detail to you or the entire free world for that matter.
I didn't make it public, the victim did with going to the press.

And the person that went to the press has a much different story than "a naughty text group". So you wonder why I keep asking questions? Because the stories don't add up.

Something's missing, and it feels like it's being hidden.

So the bus driver story is false, inaccurate and made up? The LaSalle barstool account? Made up?

None of these things were made up by me, by the way. There are stories in multiple threads on this forum. How can that stuff just be made up out of thin air? Or is there a deeper issue at St X? That's a legit question with multiple stories out there. There's another with a racial slur being used after the Moeller game.

Are all of these things made up? If there are 4 stories with this theme, this is indeed a story that shouldn't just be swept under the rug. I didn't create the narrative, just asking if it exists. The silence, and attacks on me here, tells me all I need to know, it seems.
Here are 3 more accounts milling about to add to your list
The players were......
1. Caught burning a cross in Carl Kremer's front yard
2. Caught watching a bootleg copy of Mel Brooks Blazing Saddles AND laughing uproariously
3. Caught in Al Jolson character Gus costume and singing Mr. Bojangles (not sure which player was singing while the others did the old soft shoe)

I didn't make it public, the victim did with going to the press.

And the person that went to the press has a much different story than "a naughty text group". So you wonder why I keep asking questions? Because the stories don't add up.

Something's missing, and it feels like it's being hidden.
Call the school and ask. I'm sure someone from the administration will be more than happy to answer your questions so you can sleep at night.
While you're at it, check on the other three accounts provided above by ReLoad so we can put those to bed as well.

The root cause has been addressed ad nauseum and the school took action. Doesn't really matter the specifics. And if there is more to the story whoever reported the issue should be the ones to expound. Otherwise the issue has been dealt with internally and put to bed.

The root cause has been addressed ad nauseum and the school took action. Doesn't really matter the specifics. And if there is more to the story whoever reported the issue should be the ones to expound. Otherwise the issue has been dealt with internally and put to bed.
The specifics most certainly matter.

If I recall, they mattered alot on this forum in the Elder incident. Let me guess, "that was different".

Call the school and ask. I'm sure someone from the administration will be more than happy to answer your questions so you can sleep at night.
While you're at it, check on the other three accounts provided above by ReLoad so we can put those to bed as well.
Call Taylor Weiter at WCPO who posted the article. The number is 513-852-4071

Here I’ll help you script your call - the 2 of you should get along famously

"Hi Taylor, this is Trey calling from internet hell

Really loved your detailed article on all the terrible racism that is deeply rooted at St. Xavier high school, and really all the GCL schools that I like to troll.

Although I don’t have amy information to add to your compelling story I might be willing to leave my keyboard for a brief second to actually call someone else or leave my basement and see if I can’t stumble upon the truth myself.

There are so many stories out there floating around that I tend to believe all of them.
I really need to get to the bottom of this because I haven’t slept since your alarming story was posted.
And when I saw Omar gleefully post it in the Elder forum I just knew I had to figure out every last horrid detail.

Here are 3 more accounts milling about to add to your list
The players were......
1. Caught burning a cross in Carl Kremer's front yard
2. Caught watching a bootleg copy of Mel Brooks Blazing Saddles AND laughing uproariously
3. Caught in Al Jolson character Gus costume and singing Mr. Bojangles (not sure which player was singing while the others did the old soft shoe)
Yeah, well, these are all made up.

The others claims this week have some merit, as multiple people have claimed each of the 4 events happened. But I guess that's all just noise, huh? Nothing to see here. Stop acting like people were just making stuff up.

Call Taylor Weiter at WCPO who posted the article. The number is 513-852-4071

Here I’ll help you script your call - the 2 of you should get along famously

"Hi Leah, this is Trey calling from internet hell

Really loved your detailed article on all the terrible racism that is deeply rooted at St. Xavier high school, and really all the GCL schools that I like to troll.

Although I don’t have amy information to add to your compelling story I might be willing to leave my keyboard for a brief second to actually call someone else or leave my basement and see if I can’t stumble upon the truth myself.

There are so many stories out there floating around that I tend to believe all of them.
I really need to get to the bottom of this because I haven’t slept since your alarming story was posted.
And when I saw Omar gleefully post it in the Elder forum I just knew I had to figure out every last horrid detail.
Deflection - Exhibit A

Followed by Attacks & Sarcasm - Exhibit B

Soon to be followed by Misdirection - Exhibit C

Look kids, a squirrel!!!

Yeah, well, these are all made up.
christmas vacation GIF

The point is, he's taking some stupid made up scenarios and equating it 3-4 different things mentioned all over social media about text groups, bus drivers, the Moeller game, and LaSalle's barstool account. Look at reddit, twitter, yappi, facebook, etc, etc., and you get a sense of the things that truly may have happened vs some made up stupidity.

And in his outlandish way, he's trying to deflect the seriousness of the things that really did happen to save face.

When this story broke, many people across the tri-state, in these numerous social media forums, were posting things that happened over the last week that all had similar undertones that people thought was the actual scenario because the article was very vague. Yet there were 4 different things that people thought the story was about. I seriously doubt all of those people just made up things about bus drivers, reddit accounts, the Moeller game, and a naughty text group.

It makes you wonder - what in the world is going on over at St X? And yes, if all of those things have some truth to them, it's a bigger story. This isn't hard to follow. You're just trying to spin the narrative to "no big deal".

The specifics most certainly matter.

If I recall, they mattered alot on this forum in the Elder incident. Let me guess, "that was different".
It was because that event happened at a basketball game where parents, students and the general public could consume. Not the case here

I'm not the one who made this newsworthy. Remember that.
But you are however the one trying to extend it past the 48 hour news cycle that a poorly written story lasted.

Take whichever social platform you would like with whichever variation of a story and insert the following:
"This has been addressed and there is no need to discuss the topic further."

If that doesn't fulfill your appetite, I just saw a posting on the (pick your favorite flavor: Elder / Moeller / LaSalle) forum that there was a huge academic scandal within the student population and there was disciplinary action taken by the administration but no one knows anything further. You should probably start pounding your fist on your keyboard all in the name of transparency!

But you are however the one trying to extend it past the 48 hour news cycle that a poorly written story lasted.

Take whichever social platform you would like with whichever variation of a story and insert the following:
"This has been addressed and there is no need to discuss the topic further."

If that doesn't fulfill your appetite, I just saw a posting on the (pick your favorite flavor: Elder / Moeller / LaSalle) forum that there was a huge academic scandal within the student population and there was disciplinary action taken by the administration but no one knows anything further. You should probably start pounding your fist on your keyboard all in the name of transparency!
Eh, the Elder guys already banned me. I'm sure I'm not far behind here.

I love a good scandal!!

Good win for the Bombers last night over LaSalle. One thing of note: Wassler, Klare, Fish, Waleskowski never saw the floor. Some reserves played varsity (Britt, Ryan, Source, maybe others). Bombers had a strong 4th quarter. All levels won.
Tonight, Wyoming at X.
Just watched the LaSalle game on ESPX.
Senior co-captain Dominic Sidoti takes advantage of his opportunity for playing time and scores 13 points in 22 minutes including the game winning 3 point shot at the end for a 49-47 win.
Followed that up with 12 points in 29 minutes in Saturday's 50-37 win over Wyoming.
Great job!

Next game: Friday StX (14-5) at the Evil Empire
Who will drive the bus?

Just watched the LaSalle game on ESPX.
Senior co-captain Dominic Sidoti takes advantage of his opportunity for playing time and scores 13 points in 22 minutes including the game winning 3 point shot at the end for a 49-47 win.
Followed that up with 12 points in 29 minutes in Saturday's 50-37 win over Wyoming.
Great job!

Next game: Friday StX (14-5) at the Evil Empire
Who will drive the bus?
From my outside perspective, Sidoti is better than the guards they have been playing. Weber is shooting 38% and Reilly is shooting 33%, and I don't think either handle the ball particularly well. Sidoti isn't the best athlete, but he's a good ballhandler and just hit 7-10 from 3 in the last two games. Even if Waleskowski is back, he needs to remain in the lineup.

X hasn't had good guard play most of the year in my opinion. If they could get any production from that position they would be hard to beat being as big as they are down low. I do not feel they utilize their size well enough but I guess if you can't knock down open shots the defense just sags and doubles on the big fellas.

From my outside perspective, Sidoti is better than the guards they have been playing. Weber is shooting 38% and Reilly is shooting 33%, and I don't think either handle the ball particularly well. Sidoti isn't the best athlete, but he's a good ballhandler and just hit 7-10 from 3 in the last two games. Even if Waleskowski is back, he needs to remain in the lineup.
Read my mind.

Goes back to my point of more and more coaches across the city that rely on the more physical kids vs. the kids with better basketball skills. You see it all across the GCL because they've allowed it to be overly physical and it's now bleeding into the philosophies of coaches city-wide.

Coaches find athletic football players to take the place of more skilled basketball players. The GCL schools can win this way but they rarely have the skill level to make deep Final Four runs (Moeller is an exception this year). There are very good basketball players all across the GCL and the city sitting on the bench watching games, and they are better basketball players. Probably not as big and strong, but better skills.

And I don't want to bring up this point because I'll get villified here for it, but there's also pressure to play the kids who have dads that have "name" recognition, and are connected and involved in athletics (not talking about Waleskowski). Much for the same reason for the QB controversy in football.

Makes sense to have these kids on rosters in certain roles, but in most cases, they are starters and play significant minutes. It should be flip-flopped.

Last edited:
I'm not the one who made this newsworthy. Remember that.
But you and a few others (on different posts) won't let it die. You're not going to get the info you think they should put out. No one is going to follow up and dig deeper. It's turning into a nothing burger. The people that claim X is a racist place will say see told you so. Others will defend the place til they die. Some don't care anymore, and others have moved on. There is no more meat to glean from the bone here. It's done. Fin. Roll the credits.

Read my mind.

Goes back to my point of more and more coaches across the city that rely on the more physical kids vs. the kids with better basketball skills. You see it all across the GCL because they've allowed it to be overly physical and it's now bleeding into the philosophies of coaches city-wide.

Coaches find athletic football players to take the place of more skilled basketball players. The GCL schools can win this way but they rarely have the skill level to make deep Final Four runs (Moeller is an exception this year). There are very good basketball players all across the GCL and the city sitting on the bench watching games, and they are better basketball players. Probably not as big and strong, but better skills.

And I don't want to bring up this point because I'll get villified here for it, but there's also pressure to play the kids who have dads that have "name" recognition, and are connected and involved in athletics (not talking about Waleskowski). Much for the same reason for the QB controversy in football.

Makes sense to have these kids on rosters in certain roles, but in most cases, they are starters and play significant minutes. It should be flip-flopped.
I am sure the coach is thinking "some of these guys are way too good, I am going to let them sit the bench!"

I am sure the coach is thinking "some of these guys are way too good, I am going to let them sit the bench!"
No, he's thinking "this kid can play, but is he going to be able to sustain the over aggressive style and still perform" because he's not as physically mature. You give up some skill for some extra physicality - like I said, I understand it, but it doesn't allow these teams to hit their ceilings.

Anyone that's seen the kid play knows he can play, and as others have mentioned, there's a case to be made that's he's better. Newsflash - coaches are human, and while they 100% own the decision, that doesn't make it 100% the correct one. This idea that it's the right decision just because it's been the decision is absurd.

In saying that, even after this kid has come in and killed it the last 2 games, he will probably still find himself mostly on the bench. And that sucks. Coaches don't like to rock the boat. Physicality has become more important than skill in high school basketball in Cincinnati.

But you and a few others (on different posts) won't let it die. You're not going to get the info you think they should put out. No one is going to follow up and dig deeper. It's turning into a nothing burger. The people that claim X is a racist place will say see told you so. Others will defend the place til they die. Some don't care anymore, and others have moved on. There is no more meat to glean from the bone here. It's done. Fin. Roll the credits.
Then let it die. You brought it back up.

It's kind of sad that you're making fun of St X students being a*ssholes to their own bus drivers. I guess that's funny stuff now at St X.
Parents and players should expect to be transported to games safely
Hopefully the groundhog does a good job this Friday
Limbaugh 101: Illustrating absurdity by being absurd

No, he's thinking "this kid can play, but is he going to be able to sustain the over aggressive style and still perform" because he's not as physically mature. You give up some skill for some extra physicality - like I said, I understand it, but it doesn't allow these teams to hit their ceilings.

Anyone that's seen the kid play knows he can play, and as others have mentioned, there's a case to be made that's he's better. Newsflash - coaches are human, and while they 100% own the decision, that doesn't make it 100% the correct one. This idea that it's the right decision just because it's been the decision is absurd.

In saying that, even after this kid has come in and killed it the last 2 games, he will probably still find himself mostly on the bench. And that sucks. Coaches don't like to rock the boat. Physicality has become more important than skill in high school basketball in Cincinnati.
As a coach, you need to find the right balance between skill and athleticism. Longer, athletic players, in general, are better in basketball. But you still need shooters and you still need guys who can dribble. I can understand X’s thinking in that that already have Waleskowski, who is a very good shooter, but he isn’t a good defender and they need other players to guard the other team’s backcourt. Therefore, Weber and Reilly are the guys they’ve turned to. Weber is a very good athlete and Reilly has some length. This hurts them offensively, especially when Waleskowski isn’t on. They really should mix-and-match and try to play the hot hand, and the hot hand is Sidotti right now. Frankly, I thought they looked better against Wyoming without Waleskowski in the lineup. They were still good defensively, and Sidotti made it happen on offense.