St. Ignatius basketball 2023-2024

To the person who ask , the ref crew was from Cincinnati . I have seen at least 2 of them do multiple GCL games the past 2 years. I agree they did not have a very good game. That was an obvious foul on St I on the steal and the Technical was well deserved . As a player you cant be hopping up and down the entire court questioning the call. Fifth foul or not. That should be a T.

There has to be a bit of emotional intelligence exercised by refeerees to know how ridiculous the FT disparity has been and understand the reaction. And to know the time remaining of the game, and to not swing a state tournament game based on a technical. I can't believe this has to be said.
To the person who ask , the ref crew was from Cincinnati . I have seen at least 2 of them do multiple GCL games the past 2 years. I agree they did not have a very good game. That was an obvious foul on St I on the steal and the Technical was well deserved . As a player you cant be hopping up and down the entire court questioning the call. Fifth foul or not. That should be a T.

Coming from a Moeller fan after some sport classlessness in years gone by, that's rich.
I can't remember the last time I was openly pulling for a public school to win it all when going up against a private. That all changes tonight. Maybe the bottoming out of the Ignatius football program has Wildcat fans in a tizzy longing for the return of the once rich tradition on the gridiron. I hope this happens sooner than later. Go Elks 💪 🏀

I can't remember the last time I was openly pulling for a public school to win it all when going up against a private. That all changes tonight. Maybe the bottoming out of the Ignatius football program has Wildcat fans in a tizzy longing for the return of the once rich tradition on the gridiron. I hope this happens sooner than later. Go Elks 💪 🏀
I can’t speak for all Ignatius people, but I’m heartbroken a Moeller guy doesn’t want us to win.

Just heartbroken.

Good points. The foul disparity was horrendous honestly. It definitely seemed like at least one of those refs had it out for Ignatius. I don’t know what they were saying for Quinn to do that but it was probably bad. The big publics seem to always have it out for the catholic schools. My biggest critique of it though is just the lack of restraint and maturity because he showed that same lack of maturity early on in the game just by not making the best decisions with the ball and it almost cost them. He stepped up at the end and opened it up for Damon to score and he scored a couple big ones hisself. I think if he makes better decisions early, Ignatius would have won by 5-10 maybe more despite the refereeing being as bad and one sided as it was.

Having watched all the games so far this weekend. That was the only game I can flat out say the refs were just bad. It would be interesting to know where that crew was from.
I recognized one ref from Cincinnati was calling that game.

Oh I'm crushed to not have the support of a Moeller fan. So crushed I can't even see the small amount of crushed I am.

A Moeller fan shouldn't be one to talk about bottoming out for years after historic football glory.

At least there is another catholic school in Cin that actually was able to beat us in a football title game.

Reactions: PDC
I'm sure that win or lose tonight, Ignatius supporters can take comfort in knowing that their school has already won state titles in soccer and hockey. And what has Moeller won this school year?

Oh I'm crushed to not have the support of a Moeller fan. So crushed I can't even see the small amount of crushed I am.

A Moeller fan shouldn't be one to talk about bottoming out for years after historic football glory.

At least there is another catholic school in Cin that actually was able to beat us in a football title game.
I see where your home town team "cried uncle" yesterday in the Nati. GBM 💪 ⚾

Attachments

• Moeller.jpg
    Moeller.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 27
The personal foul was debatable but the T was earned. You can't hop and jump 30 feet down the court, state semifinal or not.
I think you have a point. He did at least 3 pretty big hops lol but I think what caused the tech was him looking back at the ref after one of those hops. He could have said something, could have not. I couldn’t tell but the refs were looking for it as the players complained a lot that game. Again, this was the one game for me this weekend that I thought the refereeing was just bad and one sided.

Birdog has also said Moeller will beat Ed’s in football this past season and next season. He is an avid supporter of Moeller and loves to post emojis after every post.

As this thread has devolved into a discussion of Moeller's ineptitude in other sports, I can inform Ignatius supporters that the volleyball team (I just learned yesterday that the Cats had one) remains undefeated winning all eight of its matches, not having lost a game this year.