St. Ignatius basketball 2023-2024

Ignatius steals body checks a player.just awful refs.Feel bad for Delaware hayes.
The free throw differential was something like 25-6. I’ll take the gift on the last steal there and we can call it even.

Credit to the Delaware kids who showed a ton of poise and heart - I thought they’d fold when down 11 twice early in the game and they absolutely did not. Very well coached team and the Burress (sp?) kid was impressive and will do very well at OU.

Final stats courtesy of @mgoul
IMG_6749.jpeg

Not a fan of your guys kids, argue with the refs, run down and taunt D Hayes. Doesn’t surprise me with a scum bag coach with the last name Joyce leading the pack. Be better

But you are fine with your team running down and taunting opposing teams fans/students. Got it.
I’m sure you hear the crap and taunts that are made to the players during games. All the players are doing are returning the favor.

Where is your criticism of the fans? Does that make their principals and superintendents scum bags as well? They turn their backs to it.

Last edited:
I’m sure you hear the crap and taunts that are made to the lmayers during games. All the players are doing are returning the favors.

Where is your criticism of the fans? Does that make their principals and superintendents scum bags as well? They turn their backs to it.
I’ve seen a lot of games and at state throughout the last couple decades and can count on one hand the number of times an opposing winning team approached students/fans of the other team. So you heard what the Hayes students/fans were saying then I’m assuming? I’d love to know your answer to controlling fans in an entire gym by the way, let alone at state.

Does anybody have a video of what we're clutching our pearls over? The wave goodybe to the other teams fans has been a thing for a few years now hasnt it? Was it worse than that?

I’ve seen a lot of games and at state throughout the last couple decades and can count on one hand the number of times an opposing winning team approached students/fans of the other team. So you heard what the Hayes students/fans were saying then I’m assuming? I’d love to know your answer to controlling fans in an entire gym by the way, let alone at state.
I wasn’t at the game so I can’t speak to that. To my knowledge this has never happened with the St Ignatius team so it’s not like they have a history of doing something like you’re talking about. 8 pages in this chat with no criticism of the teams conduct.

Having competed in two sports at St. Ed’s, I can tell you the homophobic taunts I heard were way over the top. Not surprised one bit if the Ignatius kids have some talk back, rightfully so.

Having competed in two sports at St. Ed’s, I can tell you the homophobic taunts I heard were way over the top. Not surprised one bit if the Ignatius kids have some talk back, rightfully so.
Thought paying 12000 a year.,teach you to win with class.

Does anybody have a video of what we're clutching our pearls over? The wave goodybe to the other teams fans has been a thing for a few years now hasnt it? Was it worse than that?
The only video I’ve seen was inconclusive. The players ran to a corner of the arena and looked to be gesturing to pump it up to a group not seen on camera. The Hayes student section was clearly visible behind the basket and players did not appear to be making any gestures in that direction. Seems like it might be taken out of context like Massillon players telling the crowd to put a ring on their fingers and being accused of flipping off the Hoban fans. Again, I have only seen one video with an inconclusive angle.

They ran to the student section after the buzzer and waved goodbye to the Hayes student section. It was a 5 second thing. It's become a thing in college basketball when a visiting team wins on the road.