St. Ignatius basketball 2023-2024

Broadcast their game last night versus Jackson. They were devastating. Friery was sensational, I get why so many Power Fives are recruiting him. Great handles and really runs the floor for a guy 6'10". Robinson was solid, and should make Cleveland State better in the front court. Well-coached team. I was surprised at how explosive off the dribble Woidke is. Anyone who beats them will have earned it.
Friery is the real deal. Think he has all the tools to be a really good maybe great high level college player.

When I watched them on tape, the 2 big guys looked a little slow of foot albeit a small sample size. Either Centerville or Moeller should be able to exploit their lack of court speed. Thoroughbreds vs plow horses. GBM 💪 🏀
Regarding film of Ignatius' play, here's a quote from the Lutheran West coach (#1 in D2) in the Cleveland Plain Dealer/Cleveland.com :

“They’re better than what they are on film,” Lutheran West coach Jordan Duke said. “Cam does an amazing job with them. It was a great game for us to have.”

Pretty sure he is not playing vs Brunswick in the regional finals. It's been said in an earlier post that he is out for the season. He's been wearing a boot the last couple of weeks. I believe he played with this injury during essentially all those games in January and February. I recall he injured an ankle in December during the Philly St. Joe Prep game at the Jesuit tournament in Tampa. If the Cats get to the Final 4, who knows what the decision may be. It would be nice to have his 6-7 size, 9 ppg, 5 rpg, 39% 3-point shooting and 79% FT shooting
From what I’ve seen this season, Springer was a major factor in their success. Losing him definitely lowers their chances to win it all

Last edited:
In looking through Ignatius' schedule, I notice that of their three losses, two were to out-of-state teams. Their only loss to an Ohio team was to Div. IV Richmond Heights. My conclusion is that all the Div. IV teams should call it a day.

Friery has really grown into his role in the last few weeks and has been much more assertive on the interior. Great progress as this season has gone on. He’s done a really nice job expanding his game to be more than a tall spot up shooter.

Friery has really grown into his role in the last few weeks and has been much more assertive on the interior. Great progress as this season has gone on. He’s done a really nice job expanding his game to be more than a tall spot up shooter.
Where is he from?.

Brunswick’s coach Mackey was the PG on Strongsville’s 1990 undefeated basketball team. The featured player on that team was one Tucker Neale. The Mustangs’ dream season was ended by an above average Ignatius team in the playoffs.

Does he get revenge all these years later as a coach?

So, I dont know Friery's blood line. But, it isnt that common of a name and I went to grade school with a Friery back in the day, and one of my grade school basketball coaches was a Friery at St. Anthony of Padua, the man who owned the former car wash. Anyone know if same family?

Brunswick’s coach Mackey was the PG on Strongsville’s 1990 undefeated basketball team. The featured player on that team was one Tucker Neale. The Mustangs’ dream season was ended by an above average Ignatius team in the playoffs.

Does he get revenge all these years later as a coach?
That game was at Canton Civic Center right? I recall being there I think

Brunswick coach deserves 0 flack. He coached an outstanding game. He made Ignatius play the one way they don't want to play, and almost pulled off the upset of the year. I will say the officiating in the first half helped get Ignatius out of rhythm.

It's normal in a game like that for the underdog to struggle to close the deal. It's really difficult. Maybe they wish they were more aggressive in the 4th, but even still they almost won.

Brunswick coach deserves 0 flack. He coached an outstanding game. He made Ignatius play the one way they don't want to play, and almost pulled off the upset of the year. I will say the officiating in the first half helped get Ignatius out of rhythm.

It's normal in a game like that for the underdog to struggle to close the deal. It's really difficult. Maybe they wish they were more aggressive in the 4th, but even still they almost won.
He coached awful.