St. Edward @ Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great atmosphere and very exiting game. Whichever team lost was going to be able to point to 5 or 6 missed opportunities they'd like to have back. This was the first loss in High School for the St. Edward class of 2024. They've been flirting with losses 3 out of the previous 4 weeks. Hopefully they grow from this loss.

Question for Massillon fans - Was the announcer messing with us? Calling Kilbane "Lil'bane" for four quarters. Josh Gribble "Jose". Casey Bullock "Cassie" - and many others. He also didn't know the name of the school.
The press box roster had a typo, "Jose" Gribble. I didn't notice the others. I'm sure no malice intended.

I'm not about to read this thread. I don't give a squat about either squad. I'm taking it easy in SWO. But it looks like y'alls Tigers decided they were going to win themselves a football game.
The tigers have “decided” to win themselves 924 football games

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not about to read this thread. I don't give a squat about either squad. I'm taking it easy in SWO. But it looks like y'alls Paper Tigers decided they were going to win themselves a football game.
Aren’t you the McNick fan that last year was bragging about the crowds your school attracts. Something about getting there early because 5—530 people attend your games? LOL. It sounds like your fans are ”taking it easy.”

I would like to give a shout out to one player in particular from Massillon for how he played last night. Number 12, Brandon Carmen played his off last night. For a good portion of the evening, he went up against #74, who was bigger and about 80-100 pounds heavier than he was. I saw him on multiple occasions get handled by 74, but he kept getting up and playing hard. If I am not mistaken, he had 2 big quarterback sacks, to go along with numerous other key plays. He definitely played with the heart of a Tiger!!

How many trophies have we won in a row week 10 ? 🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔
Your team is 1-4, if Massillon was ever 1-4 I wouldn’t be on a mck thread running my mouth. But then again we never have to worry about a Massillon team starting out 1-4.
This guy is not a McKinley fan, he just says that to irritate Massillon people. He hopes each week Massillon loses so he can run his mouth all weekend and start arguments with Massillon posters. Put him on ignore and he goes away. By answering his stupid posts you do exactly what he wants. Put him on ignore.

If you have any interest, today at 7 pm on Bally sports(Spectrum cable channel 1308 BSGL) you can watch the replay of the Massillon-St Edward game by way of St Ed's broadcast.

Last edited:
I think any honest person would see it as sloppy.

6 fumbles with 3 lost
19 penalties for 177 yards
4 missed field goals
Numerous missed opportunities
3 unsuccessful PAT kicks
Personal fouls
How did that sloppiness breakdown…. Evenly for both teams? Also, what was the announced attendance? I would imagine 15-16,000 or more. Was the 50/50 over $8K? I went to a Tiger game one year, forget when, but the 50/50 was over $13K.

I think any honest person would see it as sloppy.

6 fumbles with 3 lost
19 penalties for 177 yards
4 missed field goals
Numerous missed opportunities
3 unsuccessful PAT kicks
Personal fouls
Funny, you feel the need to comment on our sloppy play, yet havent commented on the dirty play of Jackson that, according to the Perry/Jackson thread, was bad enough that Zach Slates alluded to it in a post game interview. You asked the question....got an answer....slithered away without comment.

How did that sloppiness breakdown…. Evenly for both teams? Also, what was the announced attendance? I would imagine 15-16,000 or more. Was the 50/50 over $8K? I went to a Tiger game one year, forget when, but the 50/50 was over $13K.
The statistics are here.

https://massillontigers.com/2022/09/16/2022-Massillon-vs-lakewood-st-edward-statistics/

We may get a couple neighboring district open enrollment kids that come in as Jr high kids or maybe even a freshman. But we certainly aren’t bringing great players from school districts 50 miles a way. Basically we win with kids born and raised in Steubenville. I would love to see the comparison of rosters of kids born in the town where they play. Trust me, 97% of the Big Red roster were raised in the Steubenville City School system. Bottom line is this…… Massillon Recruits and Steubenville does not. We don’t need to recruit to win championships. The pressure to win a playoff title has forced the Tigers into actively seeking out kids from other districts. SHS simply doesn’t need to seek kids out. If we get a couple of freshman it was because they came to us.
No one believes your poppycock. Steubenville has been getting players from other schools for years.

You shouldn’t be on this thread. This is about St. Edward and Massillon. Your Little Red would be lucky to score on these teams.

Funny, you feel the need to comment on our sloppy play, yet havent commented on the dirty play of Jackson that, according to the Perry/Jackson thread, was bad enough that Zach Slates alluded to it in a post game interview. You asked the question....got an answer....slithered away without comment.
Why do you bother? Just ignore his jealousy. I never respond to his stupid comments. He tries, but I laugh at him.

Aren’t you the McNick fan that last year was bragging about the crowds your school attracts. Something about getting there early because 5—530 people attend your games? LOL. It sounds like your fans are ”taking it easy.”
First, I get edited when my post was a compliment. Secondly, McNick is land locked and a small school. They don't have the space. I was just trying to help some visitors out. Last time I ever compliment Massillon. You people suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.