• Marysville by 1-7

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Marysville by 8-16

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Marysville by 17+

Votes: 11 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really looking forward to this matchup and in familiar surroundings no less. Darby's stadium is the exact same as Davidsons. The home side on the top at the 40 yard line to stand and watch. Nice. Looks like it going to be a cold one at this point in the future forecast. I would guess temps in the mid 30's around kickoff. Looks like it will not be too windy or wet. I'll go with Springfield with a slight edge and I think the weather helps some. 2 tough teams that will hit you. Hope it's not a blowout either way. Don't have a dog in this fight and just want to see a great game. I respect both programs alot.

Really looking forward to this matchup and in familiar surroundings no less. Darby's stadium is the exact same as Davidsons. The home side on the top at the 40 yard line to stand and watch. Nice. Looks like it going to be a cold one at this point in the future forecast. I would guess temps in the mid 30's around kickoff. Looks like it will not be too windy or wet. I'll go with Springfield with a slight edge and I think the weather helps some. 2 tough teams that will hit you. Hope it's not a blowout either way. Don't have a dog in this fight and just want to see a great game. I respect both programs alot.
I really think the precipitation and strong winds in last Friday's game, particularly in the 2d half, impacted the offense. If your forecast for this week's game is accurate, that should make a difference.

The forecast Friday in Hilliard as of now........

Fri 19 | Day​

42°

3%
WNW 8 mph
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High 42F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
  • Humidity60%
  • UV Index2 of 10
  • Sunrise7:22 am
  • Sunset5:13 pm

Fri 19 | Night​

26°

5%
ESE 4 mph
Partly cloudy early with increasing clouds overnight. Low 26F. Winds light and variable.
  • Humidity76%
  • UV Index0 of 10
  • Moonrise5:28 pm
    Full Moon
  • Moonset7:33 am

Wait a minute. I remember during that time period Centerville going 3-7 with losses to both North and South in the same year who both had subpar teams. Also in that time period, the 1st year of the new combined SHS, Elks lost 7-0 to SHS who had a losing inaugural season and was getting blown out by opponents. In 2004, Colerain beat the Elks in the playoffs 35-0. This is all pretty similar to what's going on today.
Yes Centerville had some down years then after Ryan Hawk left, but the program over all was a lot better then than it is now. Yes they lost to good teams in the playoffs but now they get rolled by a Witmer team that looked out classed by an average Jerome team and a good slow Marysville team, I guess my original point is that Centerville now wishes they could be what Marysville is now. That is how I see it in Watching Centerville football since I was young in the 80's to playing in the 90's and following them after College till until I starting reffing games in the Columbus area. My dad still goes to every game and and have had team mates with kids in the system and it is just a different feeling and commitment from the school and community now compared to the past. I see Marysville and feel the Marysville program like is Centerville in the 80's, but not saying they will have the success over 30 years, but the work and buy in of the community is going to make Marysville a tougher team to play and beat over the next 20 years than Centerville in my opinion. The Centerville community has become soft, to soft for good football commitment.

Yes Centerville had some down years then after Ryan Hawk left, but the program over all was a lot better then than it is now. Yes they lost to good teams in the playoffs but now they get rolled by a Witmer team that looked out classed by an average Jerome team and a good slow Marysville team, I guess my original point is that Centerville now wishes they could be what Marysville is now. That is how I see it in Watching Centerville football since I was young in the 80's to playing in the 90's and following them after College till until I starting reffing games in the Columbus area. My dad still goes to every game and and have had team mates with kids in the system and it is just a different feeling and commitment from the school and community now compared to the past. I see Marysville and feel the Marysville program like is Centerville in the 80's, but not saying they will have the success over 30 years, but the work and buy in of the community is going to make Marysville a tougher team to play and beat over the next 20 years than Centerville in my opinion. The Centerville community has become soft, to soft for good football commitment.
We will see if the momentum continues for Marysville AT THIS LEVEL next year and beyond when Gabe Powers is no longer on the field.

It won’t- Marysville is open week 3 next year and refuses to schedule one of the Pickeringtons. They know this is their shot
I agree. They have never ever had a player close to his level of talent and someone who means more to a team than him. Prospects at his level might be a once in a generation situation for Marysville.

I used to work with Leonard Stahl's mother who is now passed away. She told me back in the glory days, football was king in Centerville to the detriment of every other sport. Football was THE only sport that really mattered there year round. But that has changed. Their other sports, bball in particular, have come up that the culture of the community has moved away from football. Or at least the focus football used to have there has been diluted. Centerville kids today just don't come out to play football in full force the way they did in the 1970s and 80s. And that has nothing to do with the football program. And the truth is, Centerville hasn't done anything in the playoffs in 30 years since the state runner-up team. They haven't even made it past the regional semifinals. That includes the last 9-10 years of Bob Gregg's time there.

Marysville Wins with Running Clock. Ohio River Boyyy complains about the Officials, Parking and everything else he can think of.

You can scratch parking from the list. If there's anything superlative about Darby, it's their parking lot. Best around.

Let's not worry about Centerville here! Looks like Marysville is stacked and could provide trouble for Springfield. The game is won or lost in the trenches. Anyone look at the lines for both teams; who has the edge?

Do they offer valet?
LOL ! Unlike some division 1 lots, you don't have to walk very far to get to your seat which is nice and you can get in and out pretty quickly. Hilliard Darby and Hilliard Davidson are the same exact schools architecturally. The stadiums are exactly the same as well. I guess they kept the blue prints handy when they build Darby a few years after Davidson opened. Speaking of parking lots, if you ever go to a Westland game, do NOT park behind the North goal posts as you car might get hit by an extra point... : )

Last edited:
Question what's the size of marysville offensive line and defensive line, if this game comes down to the trenches ,who wins? Any video of the marysville vs Hilliard Darby?

Last edited:
Their OLine is good size, but didn’t impress me when I watched them play pick north. The dline is undersized but don’t let that fool you, most are very good wrestlers. I know who gets the pub for Marysville but #40 small kid at nose and the younger powers at mlb are nasty

I agree. They have never ever had a player close to his level of talent and someone who means more to a team than him. Prospects at his level might be a once in a generation situation for Marysville.

That whole team knows how to play. And they had plenty on the sideline. I imagine they will have their share of top players. As far as sustainability, Honda is half their workforce. That's a lot of eggs in one basket. Young upper income families will move out there as real estate in the nearer burbs is crazy. I think they need more spin-offs from Honda to make them least likely to get hit in a down turn and some tech diversity and spin off from the Dayton and Columbus universities. Columbus is packed. A University research park in Union Country with its abundant land and proximity wouldn't be the worst idea.

They are similarly placed to CBus as some of the best football is in Indy and Detroit. Not too far. Not too close. Plenty of open land. Don't count them out because of graduating one player. Skilled trades people tend to be large. That mix with upper middle income leads to solid high average football teams. Unless they get too much income. Then they become really good soccer teams.

Marysville by three scores. :stirthepot:

stream falling GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

I’d be surprised if either team scored 3 times

I'll stick with my earlier thoughts with the Os having advantage. I can see reasons the D might match up better. Whitmer's problem though bigger, they plodded relative to Marysville's quick D line, which just ran between the Whitmer players before they could close the gaps. I suspect Springfield will be about to counter with an also quick O-line. Guess we'll see in a couple days. Would really like to see this game, but will be following a local team on Friday.

I'll stick with my earlier thoughts with the Os having advantage. I can see reasons the D might match up better. Whitmer's problem though bigger, they plodded relative to Marysville's quick D line, which just ran between the Whitmer players before they could close the gaps. I suspect Springfield will be about to counter with an also quick O-line. Guess we'll see in a couple days. Would really like to see this game, but will be following a local team on Friday.
Really think it’ll be low scoring wouldn’t be surprised to see both teams held to 10 or below. Springfield has the fastest defense in the state and a monster d line