SLC favored by 8 over MNW...place your bets

Dad,

There is no doubt that SLC is a fine program. Maybe tops in the country for the last few years according to the polls but SLC have only been competing at the highest level available in Texas for the the last few of years. Correct?

When you can do what you are doing now for the next 20 years then you will have accomplished something close what DLS has accomplished.

SLC has a long way to go.

Given the quality of play in Texas and the gauntlett playoff system that is in place, SLC's 79-1 record over the last 5 years in the highest classification may be one of the best achievements in the history of Texas HS football and one of the best in the nation.

SLC has won more games over the last 20 years in Texas than any other team (at it's not even close).

When SLC wins it's next state title, it will have won more titles than anyone in the history of Texas football (now SLC is tied for first).

How many state titles has DLS won? Yeah, the streak was trememdous, but without a state title and without a state playoff bracket, questions remain unanswered. If DLS played in Florida, Ohio or Texas there is no way they would have had that streak in my opinion.

SLC has won more games over the last 20 years in Texas than any other team (at it's not even close).
I did not mention the streak and I cannot change the California system but a few things cannot be denied. DLS has played at the top level available to them, and had a fair amount of success for many more years then has SLC. They have put their reputation on the line ala Indy many more times then has SLC.

SLC has more losses in the last seven years the DLS has had in the last 20 and this is playing at the highest level available to them PLUS seeking out traditional powers from So Cal and other states.

SLC may be great but until they travel we will never really know.

79-1 is very impressive. Keep it up for another 15 and we will talk.

Given the quality of play in Texas and the gauntlett playoff system that is in place, SLC's 79-1 record over the last 5 years in the highest classification may be one of the best achievements in the history of Texas HS football and one of the best in the nation.

When SLC wins it's next state title, it will have won more titles than anyone in the history of Texas football (now SLC is tied for first).

How many state titles has DLS won? Yeah, the streak was trememdous, but without a state title and without a state playoff bracket, questions remain unanswered. If DLS played in Florida, Ohio or Texas there is no way they would have had that streak in my opinion.

If DLS had played in Ohio, they wouldn't have as many big school state titles in my opinion.

If DLS had played in Ohio, they wouldn't have as many big school state titles in my opinion.

no but DLS destroyed a GCL team, putting up 49 after 3 before calling the dogs off

that is all we have to go on and from that one game, DLS fared pretty well in Ohio

But they were offered a chance to play in Texas on 9/15 and declined the offer for what it is worth (and yes SLC declined an invite to Cincy).

Everyone always wants to talk about what DLS would have done in other environments -- Ohio, Texas, etc.

But would SLC or St. Xavier or Moeller or any of those schools have gone undefeated from 1992 to 2003 if they'd played DLS's schedule (including Poly and Mater Dei and St. Louis)?

Twelve years without a loss is a tall order, especially with the high-profile opponents that were played once or twice a year late in the streak.

Most top tier programs have an occasional super year or two when it all appears to be coming together.

Teams try to schedule DLS while they are peaking.

This is what Evangel tried to do. They scheduled DLS for John David Bootys senior year.

Bellevue basically recruited an all star team for their matchup with DLS.

SLC, who regard them selves as the greatest dynasty in the storied history of Texas football, waited until they were top of the National polls before they graciously invited DLS TO COME TO THEM.

All teams can peak but maintaining that high level for years and years is something different. Where is ECA now? Bellevue was shut out to a league opponent for the first time since 1997 last Friday.

SLC may indeed maintain their current high level for the next 15 years but do it THEN remind us all how great you are.

Most top tier programs have an occasional super year or two when it all appears to be coming together.

This is what Evangel tried to do. They scheduled DLS for John David Bootys senior year.

SLC, who regard them selves as the greatest dynasty in the storied history of Texas football, waited until they were top of the National polls before they graciously invited DLS TO COME TO THEM.

All teams can peak but maintaining that high level for years and years is something different. Where is ECA now? Bellevue was shut out to a league opponent for the first time since 1997 last Friday.

SLC may indeed maintain their current high level for the next 15 years but do it THEN remind us all how great you are.

excellent post and all too true

buchanan did the same thing, they had players playing together since grade school and dominated their section, they called and asked dls to play them

bellevue got shut out?

wow?

can someone confirm that glenville which lost to LB Poly beat Warren Central? or was that an exhibition

Last edited:
and SLC declined a trip to cali

by my count thats two declines for slc

nothing to stand on

Lets see SLC signed a two year deal to play national programs in DFW. They completed the first year of the deal in 2006 and the promoter invited DLS in 2007. DLS declined the promoters invite who would have paid DLS travel costs to DFW.

Now remind me who the promoter was that was reciprocating with a similiar offer to SLC? If I recall, DLS wanted the promoter to move the game to the Bay Area. Please do not confuse the promoter with the school. I think it was agreed by DLS fans that the Bay Area would not financially support the game. If you were the promoter, would you agree to that deal?

Why am I asking you, you would not have even gone to the game.

Lets see SLC signed a two year deal to play national programs in DFW. They completed the first year of the deal in 2006 and the promoter invited DLS in 2007. DLS declined the promoters invite who would have paid DLS travel costs to DFW.

Now remind me who the promoter was that was reciprocating with a similiar offer to SLC? If I recall, DLS wanted the promoter to move the game to the Bay Area. Please do not confuse the promoter with the school. I think it was agreed by DLS fans that the Bay Area would not financially support the game. If you were the promoter, would you agree to that deal?

Why am I asking you, you would not have even gone to the game.

DLS has traveled to Ohio, Washington and Hawaii

where has SLC traveled?

to redneck city Texas?

SLC agreed to play both games at home

wow

they really jumped out on a limb

are they bringing the refs too?

Last edited:
excellent post and all too true

buchanan did the same thing, they had players playing together since grade school and dominated their section, they called and asked dls to play them

bellevue got shut out?

wow?

can someone confirm that glenville which lost to Glenvile beat Warren Central? or was that an exhibition

Confirmed. Not an exhibition. Warren Central is a little down this year, according to the word on the street.

Spot on, man. Well put.

SLC agreed to play both games at home

wow

they really jumped out on a limb

are they bringing the refs too?

Very similiar to Colerain, St X, Moeller, & Elder at the Herbie. Remember it was the promoter that approached SLC just like the Herbie folks did the Cinci teams. Have you noticed the Cinci teams do not travel to Canton?

With respect to the refs, I suspect they will be from Texas as I doubt out of state officials would not be comfortable calling games in Texas due to the rule differences.

Very similiar to Colerain, St X, Moeller, & Elder at the Herbie. Remember it was the promoter that approached SLC just like the Herbie folks did the Cinci teams. Have you noticed the Cinci teams do not travel to Canton?

Actually, Iggy/St.Ed/Moe/X/Elder play each other almost every year. Glenville is playing at X this Saturday. Almost all the heavyweights do significant travel north/south all the time.

Sorry Dad but I am going to bring up ancient history

MNW gave up 41 points in 1 game?? And this is the all-time great team that is in a game of the century??

In 1996, DLS gave up 53 points ALL YEAR, in 12 games

Oh ya, they scored 594

Lets see if MNW can go the rest of the year giving up 12 points or less

then they would only equal a very good 1996 DLS team

so much for the game of the century

sheesh

Thats it? Wow 2003 north shore would have killed the loving crap out of those cup cakes.

Actually, Iggy/St.Ed/Moe/X/Elder play each other almost every year. Glenville is playing at X this Saturday. Almost all the heavyweights do significant travel north/south all the time.

I understand. I was referring to the Ohio vs USA Challenge was always in Ohio in reference to 2 year SLC deal with a promoter.

With regard to SLC I hope you realize you don't know what you are talking about.

SLC didn't invite DLS. Sorry. SLC didn't invite ECA or MNW either. That was done by the promoters. SLC was offered a chance to play in the games just like everybody else. There was never a real invitation for SLC to come to California either.

Promoters like playing the games in Texas because they know the crowds will be large. For example, everybody expects the SLC/MNW game to draw 20,000 fans. Compare that to the StX vs. DeMatha game last Sunday. Only 8,000+ attended. Even the SLC/ECA game at Dragon Stadium drew 11,000.

With regard to SLC I hope you realize you don't know what you are talking about.

SLC didn't invite DLS. Sorry. SLC didn't invite ECA or MNW either. That was done by the promoters. SLC was offered a chance to play in the games just like everybody else. There was never a real invitation for SLC to come to California either.

Promoters like playing the games in Texas because they know the crowds will be large. For example, everybody expects the SLC/MNW game to draw 20,000 fans. Compare that to the StX vs. DeMatha game last Sunday. Only 8,000+ attended. Even the SLC/ECA game at Dragon Stadium drew 11,000.

from webster's dictionary:

DADITIS dad-I-tis - (adj.) an infliction to attach yourself to a football team that you have nothing to do with, and argue with stupid assinine unfounded posts about everything about the school, campus, community, per capita income, crime rate, etc. although this is a football board, and to make utter nonsense comments about other teams based on absurd and uninformed points of view, with no basis of real facts, and in actuality to ignore the real facts.

from webster's dictionary:

DADITIS dad-I-tis - (adj.) an infliction to attach yourself to a football team that you have nothing to do with, and argue with stupid assinine unfounded posts about everything about the school, campus, community, per capita income, crime rate, etc. although this is a football board, and to make utter nonsense comments about other teams based on absurd and uninformed points of view, with no basis of real facts, and in actuality to ignore the real facts.

Isn't that exactly what you just did? LOL

I suppose that's the best you can do since my post spoke the truth and it appears you can't refute it.

Isn't that exactly what you just did? LOL

I suppose that's the best you can do since my post spoke the truth and it appears you can't refute it.

get over your jealous obsession with the preemininet high school football program in the last 25 years

y'all