Should companies be allowed to mandate the Flu vaccine for their employees?

Companies should forcefully inject all employees with flu shots, covid vaccines and abortions to make sure they aren't at risk for any unnecessary time off work during the Biden supply chain crisis.

This is about free market companies, not the government. What do feel the rights should be for a business to run their own business? Are you in favor of more regulation or less?

This is about free market companies, not the government. What do feel the rights should be for a business to run their own business? Are you in favor of more regulation or less?
We already place all sorts of limits on "free market companies". Except in rare circumstances where covid vaccination is needed in order to do the job companies have no business mandating vaccination. Frankly this is on par with discriminating in hiring & promotion based on the sex, race or age of a worker.

IMO mandating that an employee put a drug agent into their body as a condition for employment, when there is no job rationale for doing it, is similar to discriminating based on sex, age & race. There are limits on the "free" market and this would be an appropriate one.

IMO mandating that an employee put a drug agent into their body as a condition for employment, when there is no job rationale for doing it, is similar to discriminating based on sex, age & race. There are limits on the "free" market and this would be an appropriate one.
Good answer. Trying to prevent a flu pandemic on the job site could be considered a rationale. Should companies be allowed to do drug tests? How about a wellness check everyday?

We already place all sorts of limits on "free market companies". Except in rare circumstances where covid vaccination is needed in order to do the job companies have no business mandating vaccination. Frankly this is on par with discriminating in hiring & promotion based on the sex, race or age of a worker.
PLEASE. One is a personal choice that you make (the vaccine) vs. someone's race, age, etc which, last time I checked, is not something one chooses

I wonder how libs would react to employers demanding their employees be fit and not overweight? Obesity is possibly the worst drain on the healthcare system.
They would do what they always do. Say they were born fat and gay it’s not their fault. Say their employer is homophobes and prejudice. Blame shifting and lying is what they do best, accountability is not in their repertoire.

Good answer. Trying to prevent a flu pandemic on the job site could be considered a rationale. Should companies be allowed to do drug tests? How about a wellness check everyday?
Trying to prevent a flu pandemic with a very low death rate is not a good enough reason to violate a persons choices on what they put into their body.

There is a big difference between testing for drugs and demanding that an employee take a drug.

A wellness check everyday would be a nice perk if offered as an option to employees. Mandating a wellness check every day or even on a regular basis is a gross violation of personal liberty and is stupid to boot.

I have no problem with a company asking me to take the vaccine. The issue is how did this become such a public issue. I can't even ask the HR department if a person called off because of a headache. By the way I already told my CEO if he forces me to take a vaccine because the government forces him as the CEO we're going to have a problem

This. As long as the requirement is coming from the business and not government mandate then I don't see a problem.
The problem I see is that the businesses are being coerced into doing this by the government threatening them with contract cancellation and hefty fines if their employees don't get vaccinated. This is totalitarianism by proxy. It's worse then straight up totalitarianism IMO.

You would have a better argument if employers, without being threatened by government sanction, were on their own deciding to mandate vaccination. In that case I'm confident of the following happening:

* Not all business would mandate vaccinations. In fact it's likely that only a minority would. And the decision to mandate vaccination would be based on whether it was good for a particular business. This would also free up employees to seek employment in their fields elsewhere if they didn't want vaccination.

* Business would likely listen to real pandemic experts and structure their vaccination mandate to include an exception for those who have previously been infected by covid. The overwhelming scientific evidence is that natural immunity is as good (likley better) and longer lasting then vaccination. Many business would simply require proof that a person has natural immunity to grant them an exemption from vaccination.

I suspect that most businesses do not want to mandate vaccination. They are being forced to by the government under penalty of substantial financial loss if they don't comply. This is odious in the extreme. In fact this is the exact opposite of "free enterprise".

The problem I see is that the businesses are being coerced into doing this by the government threatening them with contract cancellation and hefty fines if their employees don't get vaccinated. This is totalitarianism by proxy. It's worse then straight up totalitarianism IMO.

You would have a better argument if employers, without being threatened by government sanction, were on their own deciding to mandate vaccination. In that case I'm confident of the following happening:

* Not all business would mandate vaccinations. In fact it's likely that only a minority would. And the decision to mandate vaccination would be based on whether it was good for a particular business. This would also free up employees to seek employment in their fields elsewhere if they didn't want vaccination.

* Business would likely listen to real pandemic experts and structure their vaccination mandate to include an exception for those who have previously been infected by covid. The overwhelming scientific evidence is that natural immunity is as good (likley better) and longer lasting then vaccination. Many business would simply require proof that a person has natural immunity to grant them an exemption from vaccination.

I suspect that most businesses do not want to mandate vaccination. They are being forced to by the government under penalty of substantial financial loss if they don't comply. This is odious in the extreme. In fact this is the exact opposite of "free enterprise".
You are correct.

I have no problem with a company asking me to take the vaccine. The issue is how did this become such a public issue. I can't even ask the HR department if a person called off because of a headache. By the way I already told my CEO if he forces me to take a vaccine because the government forces him as the CEO we're going to have a problem
I have a huge problem with company's ordering their employees to get vaccinated in reaction to government threats to their bottom line.

It's one thing if a Company considered the pros & cons and decided that for them mandating vaccination was the best move for their business. It's quite another thing for company's to be forced to mandate vaccination because of government threats to destroy their business if their employees don't get vaccinated.

So only criteria for my Company to mandate their employees must get a vaccines is if POTUS says so via EO. So we are back to worshiping our overlords as gods.

Covid cost a lot of companies a great deal of money in the past. It’s smart business. It’s like the military requiring vaccines. If we need them they have to be ready.

Covid cost a lot of companies a great deal of money in the past. It’s smart business. It’s like the military requiring vaccines. If we need them they have to be ready.

“Be ready” for what? Catching the common cold and ending up in the hospital because the vaccine and however many boosters killed their natural immunity? It’s no coincidence the “Super Cold” is sweeping across Europe right now. However, it’s only a hint of what lies ahead for the vaccinated.

“Be ready” for what? Catching the common cold and ending up in the hospital because the vaccine and however many boosters killed their natural immunity? It’s no coincidence the “Super Cold” is sweeping across Europe right now. However, it’s only a hint of what lies ahead for the vaccinated.
If nothing else, covid should teach us all that we live in a pretty fragile environment. Covid has been bad IMO, but hopefully it will help us prepare if we are ever hit by something much, much worse. ie. Food industries take these kind of threats very seriously, and they should. They can’t afford to lose big percentages of employees. Deep if that happens for us all. Fail to prepare, you prepare to lose.

If nothing else, covid should teach us all that we live in a pretty fragile environment. Covid has been bad IMO, but hopefully it will help us prepare if we are ever hit by something much, much worse. ie. Food industries take these kind of threats very seriously, and they should. They can’t afford to lose big percentages of employees. Deep if that happens for us all. Fail to prepare, you prepare to lose.

COVID hasn’t been bad. It’s comparable to the flu in any other year, if tabulated honestly and correctly. If you turned off your TV and Internet, you wouldn’t even know we’re in the pandemic that we’re not really in.

It's one thing if a Company considered the pros & cons and decided that for them mandating vaccination was the best move for their business. It's quite another thing for company's to be forced to mandate vaccination because of government threats to destroy their business if their employees don't get vaccinated.
You are assuming that this thread is about government mandate vaccination. I am looking at individual companies doing what is best for themselves without any outside influence. Yappi specifically stated flu vaccine. Why do you insist on making it about Covid?

COVID hasn’t been bad. It’s comparable to the flu in any other year, if tabulated honestly and correctly. If you turned off your TV and Internet, you wouldn’t even know we’re in the pandemic that we’re not really in.
I would instead say it was a bad flu season. I keep saying The following to many people in which it goes in one ear and out the other.
about 10 years or so ago I worked with someone whose kid died of the flu. I was shocked.. never really heard about this happening that often.. then I did some research.. and yes it happens, more than you are told by media back then.
Funny how this all works right?

My part time job pretty much mandates it.
I usually have a local company come in and give everyone the shot if they do not get it by 1 December.

They asked if I wanted them to bring the Rona as well.............It is also mandatory but at this time I do not have any plans to do a mass vax for it as there is considerable pushback