Senate: Tim Ryan vs J.D. Vance

Who wins in November?

• Tim Ryan

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • J.D. Vance

Votes: 68 78.2%

• Total voters
Maybe that is because a D always gets to follow an R into office and an R has to fix the disasters left by the D's. when they come to office. There has never been a better time as far as living standard and the economy then the last four years of Eisenhower.
So does this mean that the mess we are in now is because of the previous administration?

Cut taxes
Does that really help? … it would if the government would also cut spending … but that rarely happens … government still need revenue, meaning they charge higher property, excise, sales tax rates, higher prices for license/permits, or some other way to make up for the missing money … so, for example, you might have to pay an extra $500 in other taxes/fees … so if you are rich and save thousands of dollars on the reduced income tax … great … but if you are not rich and only save hundreds on the tax break … you either break even or lose money … not so great … the difference is in the details … which most people don’t pay attention to … tax breaks are not always good.

I had relatives recently move to Florida … they were excited to not have to pay state income taxes … what they found out … they are not really saving anything because of the high prices on everything else … just part of the myth of tax cuts.

I had relatives recently move to Florida … they were excited to not have to pay state income taxes … what they found out … they are not really saving anything because of the high prices on everything else … just part of the myth of tax cuts.
Lol, remove housing cost and Florida is a bargain. Lots of people moving there. I'll provide data.

Lol, remove housing cost and Florida is a bargain. Lots of people moving there. I'll provide data.
Other than housing and insurance.... LOL

Does that really help? … it would if the government would also cut spending … but that rarely happens … government still need revenue, meaning they charge higher property, excise, sales tax rates, higher prices for license/permits, or some other way to make up for the missing money … so, for example, you might have to pay an extra $500 in other taxes/fees … so if you are rich and save thousands of dollars on the reduced income tax … great … but if you are not rich and only save hundreds on the tax break … you either break even or lose money … not so great … the difference is in the details … which most people don’t pay attention to … tax breaks are not always good.

Milk and egg cost more because of tax cuts?

Just leave me alone and how about not expecting me to pay off someone's college debt. I could make a long list but I doubt you would understand.
Right, you are much better off paying off billionaires so they can give stock buy backs. You are really dumb!

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, you are much better off paying off billionaires so they can give stock buy backs. You are really dumb!
I have to admit that I really do not understand these things, maybe you can help.

Is a billionaire giving the "buy back" [sic] or a corporation?

And would one "give" a buy back [sic] or would they have to pay for it?

If shareholders want to sell their stock why is it bad that someone be allowed to buy it?

Why do you believe it is bad for a billionaire to transfer part of their wealth to someone else?

Last edited:
State - Index - Grocery - Housing - Utilities - Transportation - Health - Misc.
Ohio - 89.4. - 100.8 - 71.1. - 92.4 - 95.6 - 94.4 - 98.5
Florida - 104.5 - 106.4 - 112.2 - 99.0 - 97.7 - 98.0 - 100.2

looks pretty much higher in every category to me … including groceries!

Last edited:

Compare Florida to New York or California those are the hot spots for the Democrats.

They should raise taxes so everyone can save money then.

Last edited: