Scores

If you're the head coach of a program, any program, but especially at St. X, you work around your own schedule and make it work. If you can't make a match or a few early season matches, you've got assistants to cover for you, but only playing 18 out of a possible 24 is sad for a perennial state contender. Playing so few is what you'd expect out of a new program.
Especially when 9 of the 18 matches are played within an 8 day period. That leaves alot of time not playing meaningful matches.

If you're the head coach of a program, any program, but especially at St. X, you work around your own schedule and make it work. If you can't make a match or a few early season matches, you've got assistants to cover for you, but only playing 18 out of a possible 24 is sad for a perennial state contender. Playing so few is what you'd expect out of a new program.
No disrespect to these programs but if schools like CJ and McNick can get 24 matches in, a decorated program like St X should be getting 24 in as well. Feel for the players a bit as they don’t get maybe as much a season as everyone else

One thought is quality over quantity. Look at who St X has played. Honesty not one cupcake on the schedule.

I think you can make a case for Walnut 1 or 2 if they beat Elder on Tuesday. The next 10 days/2 weeks should be great volleyball.
Will be interesting to see how early season results hold up for the South:
Elder has beaten Moeller once, X twice
X has beaten Elder once, Moeller once
Moeller has beaten X once and Walnut once
Walnut has beaten X

Does Walnut have a case to be #2 or #3 if they play Elder tight and lose? If they beat Elder, is it enough for them to jump to #1? Or will their weak schedule keep them out of the top spot? If Elder beats Walnut, but loses to Moeller, does Moe jump to South #1 like they did last year?

Obviously still a lot of volleyball to be played - Elder hosts Walnut and visits Moeller - so a lot of this will play out on the court.

Walnut has beaten X

Does Walnut have a case to be #2 or #3 if they play Elder tight and lose? If they beat Elder, is it enough for them to jump to #1? Or will their weak schedule keep them out of the top spot? If Elder beats Walnut, but loses to Moeller, does Moe jump to South #1 like they did last year?

Obviously still a lot of volleyball to be played - Elder hosts Walnut and visits Moeller - so a lot of this will play out on the court.
Interesting too because Walnut was missing some key guys when they played Moe the first time so I think that game would have been a lot closer had they had their whole team.

Walnut has beaten X

Not sure how Moe has a chance to be 1 at this point with 5 losses on the season. Walnut has a real shot at being a 1 if they beat Elder next week. That is going to be a great match.

Not sure how Moe has a chance to be 1 at this point with 5 losses on the season. Walnut has a real shot at being a 1 if they beat Elder next week. That is going to be a great match.
Of their losses, two are to X who they just beat. One is to Elder who they would have just beaten in this scenario. They also have the win against Walnut. One of their other losses was to Beavercreek without their starting setter. You make a valid point, that 5 losses could be a lot to overcome but I think they have a case especially if they beat the top 2 teams in the state in consecutive weeks to end the regular season.

One thought is quality over quantity. Look at who St X has played. Honesty not one cupcake on the schedule.
Ehh, still, it’s about getting the kids the most opportunities to play. If 18 existing matches, late in the season at that, are quality opponents, 6 softer opponents towards the beginning or middle of the season won’t hurt. Plus, if our goal here is to grow the game, play some lesser or newer programs and show them what a successful program looks like.

Of their losses, two are to X who they just beat. One is to Elder who they would have just beaten in this scenario. They also have the win against Walnut. One of their other losses was to Beavercreek without their starting setter. You make a valid point, that 5 losses could be a lot to overcome but I think they have a case especially if they beat the top 2 teams in the state in consecutive weeks to end the regular season.
If we’re noting that Moe’s starting setter was out against Beavercreek, we have to note that Walnut was without both of their starting middles against Moe. Since those guys have been back, Walnut is undefeated.

If we’re noting that Moe’s starting setter was out against Beavercreek, we have to note that Walnut was without both of their starting middles against Moe. Since those guys have been back, Walnut is undefeated.
And that's fair. We'll get to see how they fair against Elder on Tuesday. That will go a long way in determining where they finish.

I doubt Elder is expecting an easy win on Tuesday. All these young men play club volleyball, so they know the talent Walnut has.
I have no doubt they know the talent Walnut’s big 3 have, but I think the role players could take them by surprise

X seems to be reeling, could they fall to the 4th spot in the South after their recent string of losses, plus the h2h loss to Walnut?

Ignatius over X in 4. Dublin Jerome over Centerville 25-17, 25-14.

Centerville is going through a rough patch right now. Setter got hurt in warm-ups before the first game of the quad yesterday, DNP in any game. Other injuries severely hindering Centerville include two starting seniors in their O1 and O2 (O1 with an ongoing illness, O2 with a foot injury).

Hope they return to full health soon, although I hear their setter could be out for weeks.

Just to follow up on this, Moeller's starting setter was out for the majority of the Elder loss (he went down early in game 2), the Beavercreek loss, the Centerville loss and the St X loss in the Centerville elite. Only one loss this year for Moe when they are 'full strength'

Ignatius over X in 4. Dublin Jerome over Centerville 25-17, 25-14.
Ignatius had a rough patch of injuries end of April, which explains some loses. When healthy there only loses are to Moe at Elite 8 and Elder earlier in the year.

Just to follow up on this, Moeller's starting setter was out for the majority of the Elder loss (he went down early in game 2), the Beavercreek loss, the Centerville loss and the St X loss in the Centerville elite. Only one loss this year for Moe when they are 'full strength'
Only one loss, but do they have any big wins at full strength? Not sure how the X win is looking right now.

Centerville loses to La Salle in 3. Centerville struggles without Rings out on the floor tonight. See how they compete against X tomorrow.

I wanna talk about GWOC POTY who do you guys think should be winning it?
ALL POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR 1ST AND 2ND TEAMS

Northmont - Ibe, Smith, Mosher, Delano
Fairmont - Lawrence, Glasser, Hicks
Centerville - Buirley, Rings, Holbrook, Mote, Whitehead
Beavercreek - Culpepper, Larson, Kolakowski, Brown

For player of the year, it’s down to Ibe, Smith, Buirley, Rings, or Culpepper in my opinion.

For player of the year, it’s down to Ibe, Smith, Buirley, Rings, or Culpepper in my opinion.
In my honest opinion I would say that it should be Buirley. He is Second in GWOC in kills first in blocks and third or fourth in digs. He’s the best player on the best team and that’s who I think should win it.

You can see how much it hurts not having Rings on the floor for Centerville but my vote would go to Culpepper.

Only one loss, but do they have any big wins at full strength? Not sure how the X win is looking right now.
Moeller beat #6 Walnut Hills early in the year (without their middles of course), #8 Beavercreek, #3 St X and #4 Carroll (without Cannon) when at full strength. If the X win doesnt count as a big win, what does??? They were #2 in the state at the time Moeller beat them.

In my honest opinion I would say that it should be Buirley. He is Second in GWOC in kills first in blocks and third or fourth in digs. He’s the best player on the best team and that’s who I think should win it.
I would think if their stats were updated (four matches missing according to GWOC website), I think he would lead in kills and blocks and be right up there in digs and aces as well. It's a toss up between Buirley and Culpepper although I think Buirley is a much more devastating blocker and can hit from anywhere on the court. I would give him the nod.