Scores

I can’t believe the coach at a program with the success they’ve had would be okay with that. Although not much you can do if they’re just going. Not a fan of leaving your team out to dry like that. I understand and believe kids should have their fun, but why not schedule senior trip after the season?
I went back and looked at uhhhhidk's post and it said a school trip to DC, not like they all went to Florida and partied.

I went back and looked at uhhhhidk's post and it said a school trip to DC, not like they all went to Florida and partied.
He said earlier tonight they were on senior trip and spring break in Florida. Could be a DC trip somewhere in there if those are 2 separate things.

Centerville really cementing themselves as a top 5 team
Looked like a different lineup than they used earlier this season - saw Buirley at MB and their normal libero was at OH2. I think it makes them better right now because their MB2 spot was a big hole that was exploited previously. Buirley is rock solid there (becomes the MB1). The new libero had some iffy moments, but held his own.

Looked like a different lineup than they used earlier this season - saw Buirley at MB and their normal libero was at OH2. I think it makes them better right now because their MB2 spot was a big hole that was exploited previously. Buirley is rock solid there (becomes the MB1). The new libero had some iffy moments, but held his own.
Must have been a good move. I was on GWOC website and saw he had 19 kills against Moe. As well as 12 digs and 5 blocks. Should be an interesting weekend coming up

A couple of notable scores from last night. Is Alter back full strength?

Badin over Carroll 25-20, 25-22, 25-11
Alter over CJ 25-13, 25-13, 25-23
Jerome over St Francis DeSales 25-20, 15-25, 20-25, 25-21, 18-16

My goodness. Halverson last night. .542 efficiency: 48 swings, 28 kills, 2 errors.

Alter is back at full strength I believe. They have Tornes and Darnidier back at least which are their two best players

Interesting Moe v X result. Elder the clear #1 currently, but the #2 spot is muddy.
I think if Elder beats Walnut OR Moe next week, they lock up #1 seed. What seeds get to choose their side of the bracket? Sorry, still learning this system.

I think if Elder beats Walnut OR Moe next week, they lock up #1 seed. What seeds get to choose their side of the bracket? Sorry, still learning this system.
Each team picks their position in the bracket, starting with the #1 team, then #2 and so on. Of course, #1 and #2 pick opposite sides of the bracket, then #3 picks what side they want to play through and so on. The lowest seeded team gets the last spot.

Just a technicality, but I believe #1 and #2 get automatically placed, they don't pick, to ensure they are in the South 1 and South 2 brackets respectively. After that, you are correct that each team gets to pick their position in either of the South region brackets.

Also, I know it has been talked about already, but with the win last night Moeller moves to 17-5 on the season. St X moves to 7-4. Pretty embarrassing that Moeller has played DOUBLE the number of matches St X has this late into the season

Also, I know it has been talked about already, but with the win last night Moeller moves to 17-5 on the season. St X moves to 7-4. Pretty embarrassing that Moeller has played DOUBLE the number of matches St X has this late into the season
Wasn't able to watch but the scores, especially in game 1 & 2, show Moeller is growing at a rapid rate with more match experience than X. Very embarrassing to have 11 matches so far and it is May 6th.

I got to watch maybe a few minutes of last night's match, but did I see Patterson in the middle? I really couldn't tell as I had a bad connection and turned it off shortly after.

it's not embarrassing. Moeller "front loaded" their schedule, playing a quad on the very first weekend and 2 in April. they only get two more matches. that's their choice on the schedule St. Xavier will still play 18 matches. they'll just get more matches in May.

Still some volleyball left to be played, but when looking ahead, X is going to have an interesting decision if they wind up in that 3 slot. I'd still go at Moe over Elder, but that decision is a little more cloudy after last night.

Elder/Walnut & Moe/X in the regional finals for the South would be 2 fantastic matches.

it's not embarrassing. Moeller "front loaded" their schedule, playing a quad on the very first weekend and 2 in April. they only get two more matches. that's their choice on the schedule St. Xavier will still play 18 matches. they'll just get more matches in May.
Pretty sure Brambleberry was referring to the lack of matches X will end up playing. 18 matches for one of the best programs in the state is embarrassing.

Pretty sure Brambleberry was referring to the lack of matches X will end up playing. 18 matches for one of the best programs in the state is embarrassing.
you're allowed 24. some coaches, with their own schedules/spring break in the middle of the season/etc can't get the max 24 that some schools do. just the nature of the beast. if you get 18-24 before the tourney starts, that's fine. nothing embarrassing about it.

In game experience is real. The more the better. Cramming your schedule in the 2nd half is risky because you risk players getting tired which is what I think Brambleberry is also getting at.

you're allowed 24. some coaches, with their own schedules/spring break in the middle of the season/etc can't get the max 24 that some schools do. just the nature of the beast. if you get 18-24 before the tourney starts, that's fine. nothing embarrassing about it.
If you're the head coach of a program, any program, but especially at St. X, you work around your own schedule and make it work. If you can't make a match or a few early season matches, you've got assistants to cover for you, but only playing 18 out of a possible 24 is sad for a perennial state contender. Playing so few is what you'd expect out of a new program.