SBC Predictions?

Should be pretty interesting for everyone else on team race. Edison then everyone else.. Should be pretty exciting season, also should be some good match ups!

Bellevue, Perkins, Tiffin. Edison, Oak Harbor. I would say those teams are the top 5, then probably a big drop off from there. Norwalk has a couple very good wrestlers. Sandusky may have a couple also. Team wise those would be my guess.

Bellevue and Perkins for the Lake division
Edison in the Bay Division
Gibsonburg taking the River Division
With Edison winning over all SBC

For an individual match up it would have to be at 160 where borofan has Justin Mayes of Bellevue #2 and Brody Conley of Tiffin Columbian at #4. But I’ve heard Conley is going 152 but not to sure of that.

Think tiffin might give everyone a run for their money! Their schedule is packed with great tourneys and opponents. They aren't running from anyone. They open the season up with Elyria and perrysburg!

Think tiffin might give everyone a run for their money! Their schedule is packed with great tourneys and opponents. They aren't running from anyone. They open the season up with Elyria and perrysburg!
They lost some guys to graduation and heard another kid may not go out. The addition of Simcoe is a nice freshman but losing 3 quality seniors. Bret Minic back and healthy is another quality guy. Still I’m not sure if their line up is as good as last year. I think Columbian and Norwalk will be battling behind Perkins and Bellevue in the Lake.

Tiffin could absolutely win team race. With Conley, both Minnick boys, Jackson, both Simcoe boys. If Conley goes 152 he wins that weight class. If all 6 of them place well that could give Edison a push for that top spot. Edison could place 5 top 3 so they'll be tough with maybe 2-3 more possible placers. Bracketing will be big for Edison. They have 3 freshman that all placed high in Jr high that could factor in for them depending where they are in the bracket early on, 1 day tournament makes early loss devastating.

Tiffin could absolutely win team race. With Conley, both Minnick boys, Jackson, both Simcoe boys. If Conley goes 152 he wins that weight class. If all 6 of them place well that could give Edison a push for that top spot. Edison could place 5 top 3 so they'll be tough with maybe 2-3 more possible placers.
Bracketing will be big for Edison. They have 3 freshman that all placed high in Jr high that could factor in for them depending where they are in the bracket early on, 1 day tournament makes early loss devastating.

1st of all Columbian is a quality team. The Sandusky Bay Conference is very tough and loaded. That being said here are some things to compare from last year and rankings.
Last years dual Edison beat Columbian 46-26 while Edison lost 2 to graduation, Columbian lost 3. Looking at top 5 placers who return from SBC tournament; Edison has 8, Columbian 4, I will give them 5 with Bret Minnick who would of surely been top 3. Looking at Boro fan ranking though I understand they are in different divisions it does show some strength of the line up. In D2 Columbian has:
Bret Minnick 10th at 120
Maddox Simcoe 13th at 132
Brody Conley 4th at 160
Joey Simcoe 11th at 182

Edison has in D3 ranked:
Max Hermes 1st at 106
Jarod Fantauzzi 7th at 113
Alec Homan 7th at 120
Hunter Vogus 16th at 126
Jakey Neer 7th at 132
Casey Barnett 2nd at 138
Shadrick Slone 3rd at 152
Landon Cook 7th at 160
Remington Bauer 19th at 170
Jacob Brewer 2nd at 195

Edison has won the SBC over all for 3 years in a row and are in my opinion stronger this year than those previous 3 championship teams. I think in my opinion that Edison runs away with the SBC this year.

all ranked wrestlers
D2
Billy Smith (Perkins) 15th
Rico Cunningham (Sandusky) 8th, Gabe Alda (Bellevue) 10th
Bret Minnick (Tiffin) 10th, Max Oprzadek (Perkins) 12th, Noah Alda (Bellevue) 16th

Maddox Simcoe (Tiffin Columbian) 12th
Elijah Hunter (Sandusky) 2nd

Justin Mayes (Bellevue) 2nd, Brody Conley (Tiffin Columbian) 3rd, Derick Coleman (Clyde) 10th, Ethan Phillips (Norwalk) 13th
Ethan Hernandez (Norwalk) 2nd, Collin Corapi (Bellevue) 11th
Joey Simcoe (Tiffin Columbian) 11th, Dorian Smith (Norwalk) 24th
Gabe Phillips (Norwalk) 4th, Tai Carter (Sandusky Perkins) 5th, Aidan Nunez (Bellevue) 8th, Terion Stewart (Sandusky) 9th,
Alec Maloney (Norwalk) 2nd, Dylan Adkins (Bellevue) 8th
Sam McNulty (Sandusky Perkins) 5th

all ranked wrestlers pt. 2
D3
Max Hermes (Milan Edison) 1st
Jarod Fantauzzi (Milan Edison) 7th, Michael Judge (Oak Harbor) 13th
Alec Homan (Milan Edison) 7th, Tyler Davis (Oak Harbor) 9th, Riley Prosser (SMCC) 12th
Hunter Vogus (Milan Edison) 16th
Jakey Neer (Milan Edison) 7th, Caden Crawford (Hopewell-Loudon) 8th, Robby Jacobsen (Oak Harbor) 13th
Casey Barnett (Milan Edison) 2nd, Connor Smith (Gibsonburg) 11th, Matthew Dewitz (Oak Harbor) 12th

Shadrick Slone (Milan Edison) 3rd
Landon Cook (Milan Edison) 7th, D.J. Slone (Willard) 12th
Trevor Franks (Lakota) 5th, Remington Bauer (Milan Edison) 19th
Wyatt Miller (Oak Harbor) 7th, Jarett Spoores (Gibsonburg) 13th
Jacob Brewer (Milan Edison) 2nd
Hunter Smith (Gibsonburg) 6th
Tayven Halbisen (Gibsonburg) 10th

1st of all Columbian is a quality team. The Sandusky Bay Conference is very tough and loaded. That being said here are some things to compare from last year and rankings.
Last years dual Edison beat Columbian 46-26 while Edison lost 2 to graduation, Columbian lost 3. Looking at top 5 placers who return from SBC tournament; Edison has 8, Columbian 4, I will give them 5 with Bret Minnick who would of surely been top 3. Looking at Boro fan ranking though I understand they are in different divisions it does show some strength of the line up. In D2 Columbian has:
Bret Minnick 10th at 120
Maddox Simcoe 13th at 132
Brody Conley 4th at 160
Joey Simcoe 11th at 182

Edison has in D3 ranked:
Max Hermes 1st at 106
Jarod Fantauzzi 7th at 113
Alec Homan 7th at 120
Hunter Vogus 16th at 126
Jakey Neer 7th at 132
Casey Barnett 2nd at 138
Shadrick Slone 3rd at 152
Landon Cook 7th at 160
Remington Bauer 19th at 170
Jacob Brewer 2nd at 195

Edison has won the SBC over all for 3 years in a row and are in my opinion stronger this year than those previous 3 championship teams. I think in my opinion that Edison runs away with the SBC this year.

I'm not knocking the Edison team at all. I just dont hold borofan's rankings as high as you do apparently. There are quite a few at 106 that could've made the argument that they should've been #1. 113 didn't even wrestle much varsity (if any?) last year. Even though i obviously would like to see Edison run away with the title, I'm not counting tiffin out. I like that their coach went out and looked for the top dogs to make their schedule tougher. At the end of the day, borofan's rankings don't make a wrestler better - the competition does.

I'm not knocking the Edison team at all. I just dont hold borofan's rankings as high as you do apparently. There are quite a few at 106 that could've made the argument that they should've been #1. 113 didn't even wrestle much varsity (if any?) last year. Even though i obviously would like to see Edison run away with the title, I'm not counting tiffin out. I like that their coach went out and looked for the top dogs to make their schedule tougher. At the end of the day, borofan's rankings don't make a wrestler better - the competition does.
Alright, I used Boro fan ranking as a gage. It doesn’t matter if our 106 gets 1st or 8th. It still shows he is a good wrestler with a good chance to win the SBC. Our 113 did wrestle varsity and did beat Perkins 106 SBC champ in a dual at 113 last year when he bumped up. Just couldn’t make the line up behind two state placers who both return this year along with Brewer another state placer to Tiffins one in Brody who returns. I also used returning conference placers to show what we had coming back to help win a conference championship which is what this topic is about. Not if our guy is gonna win state or not. Also your point is Columbian schedule and you mention their tri. Which is two good teams in D1, Edison duals Wadsworth this year who, if you don’t mind, borofan has ranked 5th in D1. We are in the same tough tournaments as Columbian as well. Brecksville, Archbold duals, and the Bay Classic. Now this is all for fun and looks like you might be from the Milan area. I have no problem wagering a nice friendly meal and a cold beer at the square in the wonder bar. What do you say, are you confident enough that Tiffin places above Edison at the conference tournament?

Lake
Team Score
1. Perkins 219.5
2. Columbian 157.0
3. Norwalk 151.5
4. Bellevue 151.0
5. Sandusky 138.5
6. Clyde 70.5
Bay
Team Score
1. Edison 220.0
2. Oak Harbor 77.0
3. Vermilion 43.0
4. Port Clinton 28.0
5. Huron 22.0
River
Team Score
1. Gibsonburg 114.0
2. Willard 76.0
3. St. Mary C.C. 47.0
4. St. Joseph C.C. 31.0
5. Lakota 23.0
6. Margaretta 5.0
7. Calvert 0.0
Danbury 0.0
This is last year team scores for the Sandusky Bay Conference. Difference this year is Willard is now in the Bay Division and the River Division adds Hopewell Loudon.

all ranked wrestlers
D2
Billy Smith (Perkins) 15th
Rico Cunningham (Sandusky) 8th, Gabe Alda (Bellevue) 10th
Bret Minnick (Tiffin) 10th, Max Oprzadek (Perkins) 12th, Noah Alda (Bellevue) 16th

Maddox Simcoe (Tiffin Columbian) 12th
Elijah Hunter (Sandusky) 2nd

Justin Mayes (Bellevue) 2nd, Brody Conley (Tiffin Columbian) 3rd, Derick Coleman (Clyde) 10th, Ethan Phillips (Norwalk) 13th
Ethan Hernandez (Norwalk) 2nd, Collin Corapi (Bellevue) 11th
Joey Simcoe (Tiffin Columbian) 11th, Dorian Smith (Norwalk) 24th
Gabe Phillips (Norwalk) 4th, Tai Carter (Sandusky Perkins) 5th, Aidan Nunez (Bellevue) 8th, Terion Stewart (Sandusky) 9th,
Alec Maloney (Norwalk) 2nd, Dylan Adkins (Bellevue) 8th
Sam McNulty (Sandusky Perkins) 5th
I think you missed Max Ray from Bellevue at 6th D2

Edison won Fricker Duals this weekend beating Perrysburg 34-31. They also got a chance to dual Tiffin Columbian, final score was 63-13. After these results, I’m still confident in my SBC predictions.

You might be right but some of those tiffin kids will walk away as conference champs! Brody Conley is a beast - that kid will not have a challenge at 152 at conference. Think minnick had a great weekend too for tiffin. I thought our boys wrestled well - the win over perrysburg should give them huge confidence boost going into Brecksville next weekend.

Brody Conley will absolutely walk through with almost no competition. Closest match will be no less than a major. Minnick and younger Simcoe will both do well with Minnick possible champ. Hatley wrestled very tough this weekend against Edison possible champ in Brewer so that could be a toss up later this season.

Just looking at baumspage it has state, district, sectional place then record for criteria. Do believe they have a seed meeting so they may challenge with head to head and possible common opponents and tournament placing.

Just looking at baumspage it has state, district, sectional place then record for criteria. Do believe they have a seed meeting so they may challenge with head to head and possible common opponents and tournament placing.
Okay thank you, I just know that overall it is going to be a super loaded tournament this year

The SBC has 5 overall #1s in their respected Divisions per borofan.
Brody Conley 152 Columbian and Ethan Hernandez 170 Norwalk in D2 and in D3 Max Hermes Edison who all should be favored in the SBC but 195 we have both D2 and D3 #1s. Gabe Phillips of Norwalk and Jacob Brewer of Edison. This will be the highlight of the conference championships and very interesting to watch. They should make this the last match of the finals!

The conference has 3 ranked #2. D3 at 132 you have Casey Barnett of Edison and then for the 2nd highlight finals both #2s at 182 for D2 and D3. Justin Mayes of Bellevue and Wyatt Miller of Oak Harbor