SBC - LAKE Division

Interesting.... add Ross and Clay and boom 8 team league. Mostly turnpike travel in this league. You really don’t have an arguement on the travel time.

Interesting.... add Ross and Clay and boom 8 team league. Mostly turnpike travel in this league. You really don’t have an arguement on the travel time.
I've made plenty of trips from Oregon to Norwalk, and it wasn't bad. Granted, I wasn't driving a bus full of kids/coaches. At any rate, it really can't be much worse than going to Mansfield/Ontario/Lexington from a Norwalk perspective.

I'll be honest; I'm confused about his point. Because I don't see one with his proposal.
His point is an eight school league of Clay, Fremont Ross, Clyde, Bellevue, Tiffin Columbian, Perkins, Sandusky and Norwalk makes more sense than the current set-up for those six SBC/NOL schools.

His point is an eight school league of Clay, Fremont Ross, Clyde, Bellevue, Tiffin Columbian, Perkins, Sandusky and Norwalk makes more sense than the current set-up for those six SBC/NOL schools.
I didn't see anything about Clay in the article, so part of my confusion.

I didn't see anything about Clay in the article, so part of my confusion.
You’re right. He does not mention Clay. He believes it should be Ross and some other school to make eight. That makes sense. Clay would be a good choice if they are interested.

I brought up Clay because there would need to be an 8th member. Clay is not happy in the TRAC either and its a well known secret they want into the NLL when an opening comes up. But if an opportunity came up to leave the TRAC, like Ross they’ll jump all over it.

If it isn’t Clay, I don’t see a ton of alternatives. Maumee? Bowling Green?
There is absolutely no discussion in BG of leaving the NLL.

The school that wants out of the NLL is Maumee. They are way too big for the NBC and enrollment-wise they would be right in the middle of the current the SBC-Lake. Are they willing to travel to join a league that is a better fit for them size-wise? I don't know. Maybe someone should ask them. Travelling to Maumee for the Lake schools would be exactly the same in time as travelling to Clay.

The Lake Division schools believe Ross is too big. But if Maumee would join, I think the Lake should add Ross. Yeah they are big, but they are right there on Rt. 20. Clay is even bigger than Ross. Adding two schools that are much bigger than the average of the Lake division would be a huge change and isn't going to happen.

Fwiw Clay is something like less than 10 boys larger than Ross. Also enrollment numbers can be misleading in terms on actuall football players on the field. Yes Ross has 450 boys or whatever it is, but they only have 50 kids on the football team. Its always been in the 60’s for quite some time how. Back in the 80’s there used to be 80+ kids on the team. Those days are long gone and are never returning. Has that large enrollment given them an advantage? I say no...

Alright, the consensus on here and Proboards is Ross with assortment of BG, Clay, Maumee, and an OCC school. How about Ross and 3 others and have WBL format? Or, simply combine Lake and OCC and figure it out from there?

I’ve never heard BG’s name being thrown around as somebody who wants to leave the NLL. Is that just a suggestion or is there merit to it? You can bet your bottom dollar that if an opening in the NLL came up that Clay will want to join.

I’ve never heard BG’s name being thrown around as somebody who wants to leave the NLL. Is that just a suggestion or is there merit to it? You can bet your bottom dollar that if an opening in the NLL came up that Clay will want to join.
Someone threw that one out there, so more suggestion than anything.

Absolutely correct about Clay and NLL. If given the chance, I'm sure they won't muck it up this go-around.

Alright, the consensus on here and Proboards is Ross with assortment of BG, Clay, Maumee, and an OCC school. How about Ross and 3 others and have WBL format? Or, simply combine Lake and OCC and figure it out from there?

I still think the league idea I thought up would be ideal, but it will never happen.

This league will hang together for a while until a couple schools on the lower or middle division bolt for something else and it forces 2 divisions.

I still think the league idea I thought up would be ideal, but it will never happen.

This league will hang together for a while until a couple schools on the lower or middle division bolt for something else and it forces 2 divisions.
I very much liked it; half the Lake, half the OCC, plus Ross. There had been a bit of history between the schools as well.

My gut feelings for the week....

Columbian beats Bellevue

Clyde over Sandusky. Streaks are beatup while still playing quality competition.

Norwalk makes Pirates walk the plank. However, this series has shown to be competitive.

Week 8 Finals

Norwalk 45, Perkins 6
Columbian 16, Bellevue 14
Sandusky 34, Clyde 21

Current Standings

Norwalk. 3-0. 7-1
Columbian 2-1. 7-1
Sandusky. 2-1. 6-2
Bellevue. 1-2. 5-3
Clyde. 1-2. 5-3
Perkins. 0-3. 3-5

Week 9 Games

Sandusky at Bellevue
Perkins at Columbian
Norwalk at Clyde

Norwalk vs Columbian should be a good one in two weeks. Norwalk slight favor IMO. Having seen both teams play, there are some similarities with their athletes. A lot of nice players.
I'm with you on that one, but we have Clyde to deal with. Fliers basically playing for their season this upcoming Friday.

Having said that, Truckers have a shot for at least a share of the SBC Lake. Should that arrive to fruition, it will be Norwalk's 7th conference championship this Fall Sports Season.

Week 9 Finals

Norwalk 41, Clyde 40 OT
Bellevue 35, Sandusky 26
Columbian 47, Perkins 21

Standings After Week 9

Norwalk. 4-0. 8-1
Columbian 3-1. 8-1
Bellevue. 2-2. 6-3
Sandusky. 2-2. 6-3
Clyde. 1-3. 5-4
Perkins. 0-4. 3-6

Week 10 Games