Restaurant chains that are no more

I remember my friends talking about Farrell's when I was in high school, but never went myself.

Peanut shells - Ground Round, perhaps? That's the first one I remember. The defunct Roadhouse chain did that also, I think.
Roadhouse and peanut shells on the floor. Couldn't remember who did that.

Anyone remember a steakhouse called The Blue Drummer? The one I remember was in Chillicothe, there were others in Circleville, Lancaster and several other locations. Opened in late 70’s.

Anyone remember a steakhouse called The Blue Drummer? The one I remember was in Chillicothe, there were others in Circleville, Lancaster and several other locations. Opened in late 70’s.
I remember one in New Philadelphia. Didn't the employees wear colonial type clothes?

I've read that Stuckey's had a near-death experience but is making somewhat of a comeback. They even purchased a pecan processing plant to aid in making their famous pecan log rolls.

Pinto. Now don't laugh. It had a hatch so it was cool. :banana:
1644602560253.png

Are Hot and Now's still around? Do not think I ever ate at one but they made an appearance in Toledo in the 90's and quickly went away.

One that I don't think has been mentioned is J. Ross Browne's Whaling Station. I believe there was one in the Belden Village area as well as others in the Midwest in the late 70's and 80's. It was known as The Whaling Station.

Loved Burger Chef, used to be one on West Market here in Akron.

Another one that didn't make the list York Steakhouse, which I loved as a kid, that was our version of upscale dining growing up. Found one a few years ago in Columbus, while dropping a kid off at school. It was just as I remembered it, but my kids were not impressed :(
"Burger Chef and Jeff!" comes to mind. York sounds familiar.

I remember my friends talking about Farrell's when I was in high school, but never went myself.

Peanut shells - Ground Round, perhaps? That's the first one I remember. The defunct Roadhouse chain did that also, I think.
Parmatown and Chapel Hill, iirc