Request - Mason District Results (especially team scores) - 2002 - No Longer Needed - Thank you.

JAVMAN83

I've been unable to locate team scores from the Mason district from 2002, the first year they hosted the event. The Cincinnati Enquirer has the regional qualifiers, but I've yet to locate the team scores. Any help would be appreciated. The purpose of the request: I'm compiling for publication all the team winners & runner-ups for each of the Cincinnati-area district meets. The Mason Div. I meet traces its origin to the start of district meets in SW Ohio, starting in 1923 at the old Miami Field in Oxford. That meet was the original qualifier to the state meet for SW Ohio, and included teams as far north as Bellefontaine and some others. In 1934, the meet split into the southern SW district (Cincinnati), and the northern SW district (Dayton). I have all the team winners/runner-ups & scores for every year EXCEPT for 2002.

Last edited:

Are you sure Mason first hosted the District meet in 2002 and not 2004? The 2002 meet may have been at Anderson. Unfortunately, I only have the Fairfield team scores from 2002

Last edited:
I printed copies of St. X district meet results from Baumspage from 2003 and the venue indicated Anderson H.S. My personal records (spreadsheet) for 2002 indicate Mason H.S., but I have no printed results. I show the following boy's team totals from that meet:

103 - Moeller
101 - Anderson
97 1/2 - St. Xavier
95 - Princeton
58 - Sycamore
43 - Milford
28 - Roger Bacon
17 1/2 Western Brown
16 - Kings
13 - Mason
11 - Loveland, McNicholas
10 - Glen Este
9 - Hughes
5 - Turpin, Withrow

Mason did hold it in 2002, then it went back to Anderson where many of us spent many wonderful May hours at Brown Stadium. Then it resumed its now record-length run at Mason.

I printed copies of St. X district meet results from Baumspage from 2003 and the venue indicated Anderson H.S. My personal records (spreadsheet) for 2002 indicate Mason H.S., but I have no printed results. I show the following boy's team totals from that meet:

103 - Moeller
101 - Anderson
97 1/2 - St. Xavier
95 - Princeton
58 - Sycamore
43 - Milford
28 - Roger Bacon
17 1/2 Western Brown
16 - Kings
13 - Mason
11 - Loveland, McNicholas
10 - Glen Este
9 - Hughes
5 - Turpin, Withrow
Thank you. Your results match mine...which I just found deep within my extensive folders. I must've asked this same question back in 2011, and someone provided the results in spreadsheet back then. Perhaps it was you? Anyway, thank you very much!