Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

If Massillon and Marion local played this year Massillon wins 49-0. What in the hell makes you think we will pull away late in the 4th quarter when we was able to hold Akron Hoban to 2 points but yet ML is gonna play better than Hoban? Like I stated before I have a tremendous amount of respect for Marion local and what they do but some of y'all need a dose of reality they are not going to hang with anybody in the top two divisions. I guarantee you Marion local doesn't beat the D1 final 4 teams or D2 final 4 teams. They are not ready for that
Why doesn't ML step up and schedule one of the big schools. I am certain that in some years they could pull off a win. But could they do it on a regular basis, I doubt it. Great teams no doubt, but I think size and physicality would be their downfall.

Why doesn't ML step up and schedule one of the big schools. I am certain that in some years they could pull off a win. But could they do it on a regular basis, I doubt it. Great teams no doubt, but I think size and physicality would be their downfall.
There would be no reciprocation even if Marion made the call. There's no incentive. Either the big school blows out marion like everyone expects or they lose and look bad.

There would be no reciprocation even if Marion made the call. There's no incentive. Either the big school blows out marion like everyone expects or they lose and look bad.

Not Ed, Moeller, Springfield, TCC, Massillon, Avon, WW. That is crazy talk and I know it aint coming from ML whom I respect. But they are definitely playing with house money to take on a couple solid D3's or D4's every year. Kirtland also. There is nothing else to prove in their divisions. I'm talking the Chardons and Steubenvilles. Either of them vs. Perry this year would have been very interesting. Frankly ML vs. Kirtland need to be playing each other every year, first and foremost.

Not Ed, Moeller, Springfield, TCC, Massillon, Avon, WW. That is crazy talk and I know it aint coming from ML whom I respect. But they are definitely playing with house money to take on a couple solid D3's or D4's every year. Kirtland also. There is nothing else to prove in their divisions. I'm talking the Chardons and Steubenvilles. Either of them vs. Perry this year would have been very interesting. Frankly ML vs. Kirtland need to be playing each other every year, first and foremost.
Most definitely, the OOCs and division 6 and 7 playoffs leave a lot to be desired. Perry would be fun since their coach is a former Marion assistant. There's just no point in trying to play bigger schools. No benefit for either side.

This is the same problem that good mid-major football and basketball programs in college have trying to find games. They always get slammed for weak strength of schedules but the big programs dont want to play them.

This is the same problem that good mid-major football and basketball programs in college have trying to find games. They always get slammed for weak strength of schedules but the big programs dont want to play them.
I agree with your first statement but I have to disagree with the last part. I don't think big schools don't want to play them I don't think ML gives the big schools the call. I have a tremendous amount of respect for M local but something I don't understand and I truly don't understand this so I don't want nobody taking this out of context is why don't they coach schedule them out of state games of teams of their calibers so they can be put on a national scale? The whole goal as a coach to get your kids the national exposure and if you have a program as good as theirs I'm pretty sure they can schedule some smaller powerhouses and other states to be put on the map in the national level

I agree with your first statement but I have to disagree with the last part. I don't think big schools don't want to play them I don't think ML gives the big schools the call. I have a tremendous amount of respect for M local but something I don't understand and I truly don't understand this so I don't want nobody taking this out of context is why don't they coach schedule them out of state games of teams of their calibers so they can be put on a national scale? The whole goal as a coach to get your kids the national exposure and if you have a program as good as theirs I'm pretty sure they can schedule some smaller powerhouses and other states to be put on the map in the national level
CCHS has it right. It's a no win situation for big powers. If big power wins, it did what it was supposed to do. But! If they lose, they'll get seriously roasted

ML doesn't need the exposure. Everyone knows who they are.

I don't think the school budget allows for that kind of travel if they wanted to do it. Had a hard enough time passing a new school levy even though our current school is crumbling at the seams and we had to solicit donations from local businesses and wealthier individuals for costs of going to Canton. A lot of folk in the area would say it's a waste of time and money.

Just don’t see a benefit to either side with Marion Local playing a big school Ohio power such as Massillon or St. Eds. Likely an ugly game with a predictable outcome benefiting neither team. Would much rather see Marion match up with some other close but out of state small school powers such as Indianapolis Lutheran or a Mayfield/Beechwood, Ky. type team

Just don’t see a benefit to either side with Marion Local playing a big school Ohio power such as Massillon or St. Eds. Likely an ugly game with a predictable outcome benefiting neither team. Would much rather see Marion match up with some other close but out of state small school powers such as Indianapolis Lutheran or a Mayfield/Beechwood, Ky. type team
That's what I said them playing a national power of their caliber. But no some clown laughed at it 😂😂

CCHS has it right. It's a no win situation for big powers. If big power wins, it did what it was supposed to do. But! If they lose, they'll get seriously roasted

ML doesn't need the exposure. Everyone knows who they are.
I don't think a lot of people know who they are honestly again like not taking No shots at them or nothing like that because obviously I know who they are but if you ask the average high school fan they're not going to know who ML is

So then what is the goal? You win a bunch of state championships but none of the kids go play college football?
Pretty much, just trying to play as much football as you can with your buddies until graduation. Obviously ML doesn't pump a bunch of D1 talent out. If they go on its usually to a small D2 or D3. You'd think for as many championships they have they'd have more D1 prospects but I think they win because of how they play as a unit rather than having great individual athletes.

So then what is the goal? You win a bunch of state championships but none of the kids go play college football?
Generally, the kids go on with the next phase of life after high school, whether it be college, the military, or the workforce. Winning state titles is, IMO, one of the least important things these kids will do while they’re young.

Size, meaning overall depth, because those ML kids are big and athletic. The overall depth of d1-2 schools would be too much for the Flyers. I would say that the D1-2 would have a rougher game than they think. The numbers would play a role. There are d2’s that couldn’t play on their level. They beat Wapak last year, I believe. Wapak is d2-3.
I wouldn’t underestimate those kids. But the d1 talent is just too much.

Generally, the kids go on with the next phase of life after high school, whether it be college, the military, or the workforce. Winning state titles is, IMO, one of the least important things these kids will do while they’re young.
Perfectly said. If your primary goal coaching in high school is to get kids ready to play in college, then you shouldn't be coaching in high school.