• Green by 8-16

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Green by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey at least Shepas had a playbook. A real one. Not this tecmo bowl 4 pass and 4 run plays crap we run. You guys can all say what you want but I’m telling you now if our play calling is pretty much the same next year and we lose a few games the b.tch..g will really start….

Hey at least Shepas had a playbook. A real one. Not this tecmo bowl 4 pass and 4 run plays crap we run. You guys can all say what you want but I’m telling you now if our play calling is pretty much the same next year and we lose a few games the b.tch..g will really start….
He also bullied teenagers lol

Hey how he added a 5th running play this year with McElroy running from the QB position! Lmao.

You Got This It Gets Better GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Many people ( Tiger fans, green fans, neutral fans) all talk about the horrible officiating for the game. Most agreed that Massillon should have dominated so much that referees couldn't have dictated the outcome. Most blame the coaching for lack of preparation. I personally agree, but Green played an outstanding game and the victory is well deserved.

Yeah he fell short at times as a human being I don’t disagree. But hell he loved Justin. He stayed at his house all the time when he drove the yellow jeep
Yeah that’s the thing. I have a lot of friends who played for him. And if Shep like you, you liked him. But if he didn’t like you … you hated him.

My take from the day before the game.

• Green IMO needs to come out fast and score. Massillon has had some trouble with QB option and play action. However something that the Massillon coaching staff does well is adjust and that's what Massillon did against BW. Once the adjustments were made, BW was lights out.
Green really didn't come out fast and were a bit sloppy at first which Massillon took advantage of
  • Last week BW initially moved the ball well against the Tigers but floundered two good drives. Green must be flawless in their execution but can't be one or two dimensional.
And many times Green was good, but at times sloppy too. Van Horn at times was inaccurate and his receivers didn't help much. When Massillon got pressure on him we saw the inaccuracy.
  • If Green is always empty in the backfield, the Tigers rush will be hard to stop, especially if the corners are shut down.
Unfortunately, everyone thought that Massillon was going to win in the war in the trench. Not the case at all. Green held up well on both sides of the line and penetrated a lot against Slaughter.
  • The screen play will help Green if they run one and could be vital and Massillon will need to be prepared to defend and not bite on screen.
We saw one. Literally one god damn screen play.
  • Massillon's secondary has been a bit loose at times which worries me against the pass heavy O of Green.
Didn't matter. Good coverage literally was an automatic PI flag for Green.
Watch this replay of the last PI
  • Brawley however is gate keeper in the backfield for Massillon and can show up on all sides of the ball and be a game changer.
Brawley had a good game.
  • The newly introduced 2 QB system has been solid for Massillon.
Not this past Friday, reason, because Slaughter was out of his element. The Oline didn't protect enough. I know slaughter has an arm, but this kid has terrible mechanics right now. He put way to much air under the ball and has allowed defenses to run under the pass. And someone tell me that is a little closer to the team, can this kid not run. He looks like he should be quick and nimble, but if there is any pressure, he will not move his feet and looks very clumsy in the backfield.

As for the Running game. Lennox, am the only one who thinks that he has no vision? If there is a hole, Lennox no doubt bursts through and get break away. If the hole is not there, he doesn't look for another option. This is the difference between McElroy and Lennox IMO. McElroy has some patients when he runs find yards.

We should have abandoned Slaughter and stuck with McElroy for the entire game.
  • McElroy: I don't understand why he didn't run at the beginning of the season, could have changed the outlook for both loses.
  • McElroy: Kid isn't the fastest, and maybe not the "hardest" runner on the team. But this kid runs with really good vision and patience. And instead of saying he runs hard, he runs with what I would define as torque. The kid gets hit and is just able to keep moving forward. Reminds me of Jamir, but IMO, better vision and patience. Where was he last year??
Only thing I wish McElroy would have done is on that one 3rd down play, run for the first down instead of trying to throw to Banks.
  • Massillon boys need to keep their heads straight. No stupid penalties. Don't get chippie and cocky.
  • Speaking of cocky, who the hell does #18, Banks, think he is? That kid is going to cost us points and yards if the coaching staff doesn't stop his attitude, show boating, and taunting. I'm surprised he didn't get called last week on two occasions. It's great seeing the coaches "coaching" him after his antics, but it doesn't stop. Sit his down till he learns to play with some sportsmanship and to add, also learns how to block downfield
And this played out. I don't know who the hell this Banks kid is, or why he even feels as if he has any legit reason to be cocky and run his mouth or taunt. He is at best, an AVG high school WR. He cost us 15 yards as I knew he would because for some reason he is a hot head who has an over inflated ego and perception of his ability. Great, the coaches yell at him, so what if it doesn't cost him anything. Sit his down. Teach him some humility. Teach him to talk with success on the field. We don't need his mouth costing this team next year. Then teach him to fight for passes. Teach him to block so we can run outside the tackles more (and that goes for all our WRs).

I'll say this again:
When will Moore stop being so predictable in his play calling and schemes? Do we need to get rid of these Co-Offensive coordinators?

Massillon had an opportunity to put this game away after the Brawley INT.
But we decided to make it harder on ourselves with a false start. Then two runs up the middle with Lennox who got nothing because we can't run outside the tackles because we have WR who can't block (Coaching). Then on third and long the fumble. You mean to tell me the best we could come up with is 3 runs up the middle? We needed one first down, one, and the game is over. Lazy, lazy, lazy preparation IMO.

I like Moore as a person and I think he has done well for the school and the community, but God, I think something has to change in the play calling and our coordinators.
That may have been a bad call by the refs but in the very 1st Green drive the refs made a bad call against Green that cost them a touchdown 3 plays later. Listen, we could talk about all of the calls but in the end ALL of those boys on the field played hard from both sides. I was a matter of who wanted it the most. Seems that team was Green. Go Bulldogs!

Yea, he had a playbook. Get drilled by Ignatius and call out kids bottomfeeders. A lot of people left booster club the night he said that and didn't return until he left. He was a big mouth and thought he was the second coming. Remember him saying he was in Chuck Kyles head. What a joke.

All of a sudden Moore can't coach because they lost to lowly Green? COme on, I didn't see the complaints like this about his coaching and offense during the season and the last 3-4 years. But they lose a close game to Green and now all the armchair coaches come out of the woods. I don't know the guy at all, don't know what offesne he runs, but it has worked to the effect of getting to a state championship game recently and deep in the playoffs most seasons. I know this much, I bet they do the things they do pretty well, which is something you have to do in high school ball. You have to have something to hang your hat on when things get tough and know what you do well and know what the kids can do when the chips are down and need to execute. I know of another Stark county team that has no clue what they do well because they are a "JAck of All Trades" and a Master of None. Sometimes you have to tip your hat ot the other team, place this loss in the forefront of your mind and work hard in the off-season to make sure it doesn't happen again. Nice season to the Tigers, and let's hope Green can continue their ways, maybe matchup with Hoban, beat them, and bring a title to Southern Summit County!

Now for something that really matters, will Menches offer free burgers to the community should Green win it all???!!!

Yea, he had a playbook. Get drilled by Ignatius and call out kids bottomfeeders. A lot of people left booster club the night he said that and didn't return until he left. He was a big mouth and thought he was the second coming. Remember him saying he was in Chuck Kyles head. What a joke.
I don’t disagree he fell short in some areas. I had my own battles with him personally believe me. With some of the teams we’ve had of late and the talent coming up, his playbook would be nice to use instead of what we have now is all I’m saying.

Well I have done good limiting my posts on here as they are almost always garbage when Massillon is involved (and its not all Massillon) but I am 100% convinced the threads are cleaner with the biggest two idiots MIA.
I was driving home from Mansfield area last night and saw a guy in a throwback Massillon helmet, those old huffy kids shoulder pads and a 1985 jersey #82 rambling along hitchhiking. He was talking to himself, pounding his chest and banging his head on street signs. Anyone have any idea who this may have been? I'll fully admit I underestimated my Bulldogs. But I also believe you win with class and you lose with class. Something the MIA's need to learn. When you lose you say very little and when you win you say even less. I let all the talk go all week and bit my tongue. I knew our lines were very tough and believe Hoover and Wooster had the best two defensive ends we faced all year so I let their play speak for themselves which it did. Then the same idiot that posted team speed would be the difference (he posted that before every game) and its the same we're hearing this week against WW. Our team speed is just fine and other teams may have more but that doesn't equal a win. I will end with we didn't just win against Massillon, we beat them! And we didn't have to play a flawless game which I thought we'd need. GO DAWGS!!!!

All of a sudden Moore can't coach because they lost to lowly Green? COme on, I didn't see the complaints like this about his coaching and offense during the season and the last 3-4 years. But they lose a close game to Green and now all the armchair coaches come out of the woods. I don't know the guy at all, don't know what offesne he runs, but it has worked to the effect of getting to a state championship game recently and deep in the playoffs most seasons. I know this much, I bet they do the things they do pretty well, which is something you have to do in high school ball. You have to have something to hang your hat on when things get tough and know what you do well and know what the kids can do when the chips are down and need to execute. I know of another Stark county team that has no clue what they do well because they are a "JAck of All Trades" and a Master of None. Sometimes you have to tip your hat ot the other team, place this loss in the forefront of your mind and work hard in the off-season to make sure it doesn't happen again. Nice season to the Tigers, and let's hope Green can continue their ways, maybe matchup with Hoban, beat them, and bring a title to Southern Summit County!

Now for something that really matters, will Menches offer free burgers to the community should Green win it all???!!!
I personally love Nate and hope he’s here for a long time. My only gripe is the offense. I’ve been complaining for several years about it but it is what it is lol. I hope he wins one for us someday but I’m more impressed how he rebuilt everything from the lower levels up to varsity. And he works his off for our kids trying to get them into colleges. That’s what it’s all about in my opinion.

You haven’t been paying attention if you think this is the first time people have called out the pathetic play calling and lack of game plans by the offense.

Well said Smoove! Got a few guys, who I would assume by reading, should have statues in front of stadiums because they were remarkable head coaches. Coach Moore has done more for Massillon Football - on and off the field - then the last few coaches combined. 100% fact.
I doubt you’ll find anyone who disagrees that he has done more than the last few coaches combined. That being said, just because the bar was set extremely low by his predecessors doesn’t mean he is the absolute “best” we could do. There needs to be adjustments this off-season otherwise we will end up wasting this next batch of talent just like we wasted the last one.

I've been saying it and many other have, the last 3 or 4 years. In the playoffs, when it mattered, we looked out coached with a very predictable game plan. Yes, regular season Massillon is dominant because of the level of talent. But when the level of talent is equal, it comes down to coaching at all levels. Not saying Moore isn't a great coach. But there is something off when it comes to the big games. Moore is like the Andy Reid Eagles era coach.

That may have been a bad call by the refs but in the very 1st Green drive the refs made a bad call against Green that cost them a touchdown 3 plays later. Listen, we could talk about all of the calls but in the end ALL of those boys on the field played hard from both sides. I was a matter of who wanted it the most. Seems that team was Green. Go Bulldogs!
I rewatched that last PI call. I hate to say it, but it might have been legit technically. Brawley still came in and made a play on it but prior to that I believe our DB had the left arm of Green's WR. That flag came out really quick though.

I rewatched that last PI call. I hate to say it, but it might have been legit technically. Brawley still came in and made a play on it but prior to that I believe our DB had the left arm of Green's WR
It was legit. The foul was not in the end zone.

I rewatched that last PI call. I hate to say it, but it might have been legit technically. Brawley still came in and made a play on it but prior to that I believe our DB had the left arm of Green's WR. That flag came out really quick though.
I really believe that penalty was called on contact around the 10-12 yard line before the camera panned to catch it. Notice the official on the sideline who threw the flag. He threw it before the ball arrived and he placed the flag at about the 7 yard line.

Status
Not open for further replies.