Region 18 Final: Coldwater (12-1) vs Liberty Center (13-0)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The western circle is Freedom Township, heavy farming family population and a lot attend a Lutheran school that runs K-8. Napoleon schools decided to shut down their Vo Ag program a while back so a lot of families from this area open enrolled to Pettisville and Liberty Center which both have very strong FFA programs. The eastern circle is a no man’s land where the far edges of 4 schools districts meet(Liberty Center, Swanton, Anthony Wayne and Otsego) AW is a huge district that continues to grow so you see open enrollments to the three smaller schools from this area. View attachment 49929
Solid informative post. Thavoice approves.
Much better than those jagoffs earlier today who had zero clues.

OE is one aspect, but they also have to play football to be included in the CB numbers.

The athletes in the Mercer County Area stay put to play sports, hence only 9 CB for all the schools in the county.

Will be a decent game Friday night I hope.. wishing the CW fans would actually show up for once and stop being so damned entitled.

Just don't push around rhe Cavs too much.

OE is one aspect, but they also have to play football to be included in the CB numbers.

The athletes in the Mercer County Area stay put to play sports, hence only 9 CB for all the schools in the county.

Will be a decent game Friday night I hope.. wishing the CW fans would actually show up for once and stop being so damned entitled.

Very informative info you shared I’m forever humbled by your knowledge and was told one thing but the info you provide and explained made me understand why you posted and referenced the ”39” number so much appreciate your insight and for letting me see the truth to the cb alignment.

Where is Liberty Center getting all their players?

This shows a CB of 39. 39! That is private school range!
Coldwater has 1.
Wow.....honestly would have never have guessed that. In comparison......Ottawa Glandorf....also in D5 , Region 18 for football and a multi-time regional qualifier in football has never had a CB of anything other than ZERO.....and has also a well known run of basketball success....including trips to the D3 State Basketball Finals the past 2 seasons. Lost one to Lutheran East (CB of 61) and Taft (CB of 16) 39 for LC is crazy

Last edited:
in other news the rain has been forecasted to have passed through by the time LC fans show up at 4pm at the gates!! I just hope for a kewpee burger and a LC victory a dry seat isn’t that important I’ll be standing the whole game!!

Part 4 in the series of biggest upsets of all time.

Can Coldwater pull of the upset and be included on this list?

Circa 1020 BC The Philistines waged war against Saul. Each day a behemoth of a man named Goliath challenged anyone who would dare fight him.

One day, a small meek individual named David accepted the challenge.
Armed with just his shepperd's staff, some pebbles and a sling he started across the valley to fight the large Philistine and with just the sling and rock David slaid the much larger opponent.

If a ragtag individual like David can slay the Giant Goliath, then the 6 seeded, second place Cavaliers who were beaten by a D7 team can make it a game late in the second half with LC.

Do you believe in miracles?

I do.

Winning team 28.
Non winning team 24.

Wow.....honestly would have never have guessed that. In comparison......Ottawa Glandorf....also in D5 , Region 18 for football and a multi-time regional qualifier in football has never had a CB of anything other than ZERO.....and has also a well known run of basketball success....including trips to the D3 State Basketball Finals the past 2 seasons. Lost one to Lutheran East (CB of 61) and Taft (CB of 16) 39 for LC is crazy
What was posted was for football, basketball CB can be different

Very informative info you shared I’m forever humbled by your knowledge and was told one thing but the info you provide and explained made me understand why you posted and referenced the ”39” number so much appreciate your insight and for letting me see the truth to the cb alignment.
That's why I'm here, to inform, educate, entertain and occasionally agitate those who have their britches on too tight. Most people are very misinformed in CB.

Enjoy that kewpee burger, they make your heart go flippity flop.

Enjoy the game, good luck (but not too much) and can ya please just let our lil ole poor Cavaliers at least score this year, please.

This. Must be lot of families in those two circles with kids playing football to have a CB no. of 39, I would say at least 18 players.

The western circle is Freedom Township, heavy farming family population and a lot attend a Lutheran school that runs K-8. Napoleon schools decided to shut down their Vo Ag program a while back so a lot of families from this area open enrolled to Pettisville and Liberty Center which both have very strong FFA programs. The eastern circle is a no man’s land where the far edges of 4 schools districts meet(Liberty Center, Swanton, Anthony Wayne and Otsego) AW is a huge district that continues to grow so you see open enrollments to the three smaller schools from this area. View attachment 49929
Most of the football players must be going to LC, AW has a zero CB, Otsego 10, and Swanton 3.

F

Of course its OE. Many schools have it.

So you dont think 39 is a high number,? 5th most in all of D5.

MAC schools total of 22.
Anna 4
Versailles 2.
Coldwater 1.
St Henry 0.
Minster 4
New Bremen 6.
Marion Local 1.
Ft Rex 0.
Parkway 4.
Dsj 0.

So, LC alone has almost double the MAC....combined, so yes, I believe my comments are warranted as rhey are factual in nature.

Celina 3
Wapak.4
Badin...87
So how is this any different than Coldwater holding kids back for years? How many 19 year olds were on those State Championship teams? How many are on the current team?

Is it true the QB from Coldwater spent some time in Fort Recovery’s school system? So do the Cavaliers get their transfers to come prior to 9th grade so they don’t register a CB?

So how is this any different than Coldwater holding kids back for years? How many 19 year olds were on those State Championship teams? How many are on the current team?
I’m not sure on past teams but I don’t beleive there’s any 19 year olds right now playing for the cavs. However, there will be some 19 year olds to graduate but their birthdays won’t be till after the new year.

Is it true the QB from Coldwater spent some time in Fort Recovery’s school system? So do the Cavaliers get their transfers to come prior to 9th grade so they don’t register a CB?
CB tiers state continous or non continuous since 7th grade. If a kid is continuous since the 7th they are a tier 0.

Especially in the MAC area where Schools do not have football until 7th grade it's not like anyone can identify good FB players and coax them to their school.

All the schools must play by the same rules, and under the current rule it's 39-1 in CB comparison.

CB tiers state continous or non continuous since 7th grade. If a kid is continuous since the 7th they are a tier 0.

Especially in the MAC area where Schools do not have football until 7th grade it's not like anyone can identify good FB players and coax them to their school.

All the schools must play by the same rules, and under the current rule it's 39-1 in CB comparison.
But how is this any different than the Coldwater teams of past having 19 year olds on the field?
Or all the Celina kids who transferred to CW prior to the CB facts? Coldwater all time leading tackler Chapin lived in downtown Celina? Freshmen at UD Riley Rismiller from Ansonia?

come on now

But how is this any different than the Coldwater teams of past having 19 year olds on the field?
Or all the Celina kids who transferred to CW prior to the CB facts? Coldwater all time leading tackler Chapin lived in downtown Celina? Freshmen at UD Riley Rismiller from Ansonia?

come on now
If i’m not mistaken there is a Mrs Rismiller at Coldwater teaching.

A lot of kids went to private school from k-8 and open enrolled into LC
That shouldn't matter if they went to private school to that degree should it? If they live within LCs district they would just go into the normal enrollment count no matter if they attended private school beforehand. These would have to be kids that live in a completely different district open enrolling.

The jig is up. Coldwater and Marion Local have both been accused of this.

Full disclosure.

At kindergarten screening, CW and MSML have a football and basketball on the table. If the boy picks up the basketball, they start right away. The kids who pick up a football are held back a year and attend a local preschool with an emphasis on football skills.

It is cute to drive by at the right time and see those kids pushing the 5 man, running routes and tackling drills. Few years ago they did something I was 100% against and went away from live tackling and went to tackling dummies. 12 years later and the defense started to hemorrhage yards and has not been the same since.

Coincidence? I think not.

The preschoolers are rewarded for effort with extra juice boxes and the soft carpet square for the afternoon nap between their two-a-days.

Each fall the members of the CW and MSML preschools face off in a Fall Football Frenzy, (Known by the FFF by locals).
Only certain dignitaries are allowed to attend and I usually get an invite.

I am telling you what. In 12 years CW has a kid coming up at QB that could be a game changer. Kid runs the 2 minute drill like I have never seen before.

MSML did beat the Cavs this fall though 18-12. CW had a chance to tie/take the lead with 7 seconds to go at the Steiners 1 yard line. However, several CW OL were distracted by lightening bugs and were called for a false start, and there was a 10 second runoff since the CW coach foolishly used his last TO to tie the shoe of his star RB.

We are recommended that Coach be dismissed.

but enough of how CW and MSML dot their rosters with 19 yr olds.

Does appear the weather will be good enough that no one should have an excuse. Remember pre turf days and some playoff games that were absolute quagmires (giggity)? WIth the turf that has helped take that away

come on now
The all time leading tackler in CW history is absolutely not Chapin, but a little known kid named Ross Homan, who has nearly 300 more tackles than the Chapin kid.

I am unsure how a girls basketball player, or a kid from 10 yrs ago, has anything to do with football CB numbers this year but hey, you do you.

come on now
Your serious? You literally picked a kid (Chapin) whom is the only out of District kid to have any impact in the past 25 years at Coldwater. All Time Tackler? Hilarious. He's only 300 tackles behind Ross Homan. Name me a impact player, from outside the Coldwater District, not named Chapin, in the past 25 years. This is goofy.

That shouldn't matter if they went to private school to that degree should it? If they live within LCs district they would just go into the normal enrollment count no matter if they attended private school beforehand. These would have to be kids that live in a completely different district open enrolling.
As was stated before, we have a lot of kids that live in areas just outside of our district that come to liberty. we also have a great ag program that brings in kids from the circle in the prior post.

The all time leading tackler in CW history is absolutely not Chapin, but a little known kid named Ross Homan, who has nearly 300 more tackles than the Chapin kid.

I am unsure how a girls basketball player, or a kid from 10 yrs ago, has anything to do with football CB numbers this year but hey, you do you.
Beat me to it.

NoNameMane mentioned it already, but Block's been a long time PE and Health Teacher at FR, who was the Varsity OC and also coached some basketball. His older stepson went to FR with him, but his Biokids went to CW where he's lived since he started teaching at FR.

The jig is up. Coldwater and Marion Local have both been accused of this.

Full disclosure.

At kindergarten screening, CW and MSML have a football and basketball on the table. If the boy picks up the basketball, they start right away. The kids who pick up a football are held back a year and attend a local preschool with an emphasis on football skills.

It is cute to drive by at the right time and see those kids pushing the 5 man, running routes and tackling drills. Few years ago they did something I was 100% against and went away from live tackling and went to tackling dummies. 12 years later and the defense started to hemorrhage yards and has not been the same since.

Coincidence? I think not.

The preschoolers are rewarded for effort with extra juice boxes and the soft carpet square for the afternoon nap between their two-a-days.

Each fall the members of the CW and MSML preschools face off in a Fall Football Frenzy, (Known by the FFF by locals).
Only certain dignitaries are allowed to attend and I usually get an invite.

I am telling you what. In 12 years CW has a kid coming up at QB that could be a game changer. Kid runs the 2 minute drill like I have never seen before.

MSML did beat the Cavs this fall though 18-12. CW had a chance to tie/take the lead with 7 seconds to go at the Steiners 1 yard line. However, several CW OL were distracted by lightening bugs and were called for a false start, and there was a 10 second runoff since the CW coach foolishly used his last TO to tie the shoe of his star RB.

We are recommended that Coach be dismissed.

but enough of how CW and MSML dot their rosters with 19 yr olds.

Does appear the weather will be good enough that no one should have an excuse. Remember pre turf days and some playoff games that were absolute quagmires (giggity)? WIth the turf that has helped take that away
You seriously confuse the hell out of me.😂

If i’m not mistaken there is a Mrs Rismiller at Coldwater teaching.
There is and it's her mom.
His older brother played at Fort Recovery and graduated from there the same year I graduated. His sister never went to Fort Recovery and neither did Baylen.

As entertaining as this post has been, it is really sad to watch grown adults try to discredit what kids have done and accomplished to make it this far. I am sure Coldwater is not holding kids back or recruiting a quarterback no more than LC is recruiting kids for football. I am from Napoleon and they actually had a special levy to try and build an ag center for the school due to how many kids were moving out of the district due to not having vo ag. Should really stick to talking about the game instead of trying to discredit these fantastic ball clubs.