Region 18 Final: Coldwater (12-1) vs Liberty Center (13-0)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dont forget about that peewee team playing for a D7 Reg. final, thats 7/10 unless youre only counting the ones the cavs beat.
MAC is 15-2 vs non-conference opponents in the 2023 playoffs.
Your are correct, ML was i the 6/10 but I forgot to add them at the end

Part 3 in the series of biggest upsets of all time.

Can Coldwater pull off the upset and get included in this list?

This one takes us back long ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

If a ragtag group from the rebel alliance can destroy the death star, then the 6 seeded, second place Cavaliers who were beaten by a D7 team can hang with LC into the second half.

Do you believe in miracles?

I do.

Winning team 28.
Non winning team 17.

I have no involvement in this game but I would be surprised if Coldwater keeps it close based on scores I follow. Liberty Center is for real this year Coldwater not so much they are merely average for them and in no way is this a put down to Coldwater because they are better than average nearly every year. This LC team might be exceptional. I guess we will find out on Friday

Kinda makes LC much less impressive doesn’t it. Thanks for posting this info. Winning without home grown talent sure makes one question their success. All this time I actually thought so highly of their program and success they have had ,now this -next to being unfair to the other schools they play that don’t have this decisive advantage
Having 39 CB is off the charts for a small public school in northwest Ohio. How many players on this team did not go to LC their entire school years?

Kinda makes LC much less impressive doesn’t it. Thanks for posting this info. Winning without home grown talent sure makes one question their success. All this time I actually thought so highly of their program and success they have had ,now this -next to being unfair to the other schools they play that don’t have this decisive advantage
Having 39 CB is off the charts for a small public school in northwest Ohio. How many players on this team did not go to LC their entire school years?
9-12 grade I’d say the whole team went through LC. If you think it’s recruiting your sadly mistaken the parents moved them to LC and it’s not 39 kids on the team it’s 39 boys who attend lc from 9-11 grade seriously need to know how cb works I will promise you there program isn’t from enrolling kids there all home grown LC boys maybe 3-4 move in from there freshman year

9-12 grade I’d say the whole team went through LC. If you think it’s recruiting your sadly mistaken the parents moved them to LC and it’s not 39 kids on the team it’s 39 boys who attend lc from 9-11 grade seriously need to know how cb works I will promise you there program isn’t from enrolling kids there all home grown LC boys maybe 3-4 move in from there freshman year
Incorrect. I know how CB works. It is a tiered syatem. LC would not have 39 players outside their district but that's the value based on the tier system. Again, 39 would make a lot of private schools blush.

. It's based on the roster, not just who open enrollment.

I'm having issues uploading the doc but check out rhe helpful Information on this site. https://www.ohsaa.org/School-Resources/Competitive-Balance-Resource-Center

Specifically talks about those in a roster and played..

Also rhe flow chart. Live in the district it's 0.

Live outside the district and continious since 7the grade is tier 1. Outside the district and not continous from 7th grade it's a tier 2.

Knowledge is power.

So to get a CB of 39 one must have quite a few not living within the district, with some who've been there since 7th and some that haven't. 39 is a big number so everyone can infer what they want but it's quite obvious......

Last edited:
Im failing to see why this number makes them less impressive.....there other schools with similar or higher cb numbers. So Liberty Center is actually a D6 school competing against D5 schools, and winning....that's somewhat impressive to me. If these numbers force teams to move up or down a division, it's to make things more fair, correct? I do not see an issue here

L
It means you have an inordinate amount of kids who do not live in the district all over your roster.
Your mistaken emis is from enrollment cb is a number based on balance from doing well in a sport and adjust your number based on enrollment to move you up or move you down in a division . Good try but It just seems there’s alot of Napoleon ppl who think kids who went to a Parochial school”belong” to them when the parents sent them there instead of there public school system and knew it was a better school choice for their kids.

Attachments

• IMG_0496.jpeg
    IMG_0496.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Im failing to see why this number makes them less impressive.....there other schools with similar or higher cb numbers. So Liberty Center is actually a D6 school competing against D5 schools, and winning....that's somewhat impressive to me. If these numbers force teams to move up or down a division, it's to make things more fair, correct? I do not see an issue here
When you play an XYZ school you expect the kids to be from said district, not XYZ and surrounding areas.

Private schools have their wide net that many complain about, and public have their OE players. The Higher the number the more kids who are not actually in that district.

It's OK though, I just thought it was interesting when people were talking about the bishop Watterson and Belle game. Those 2 have practically the same CB, with of course BW from their designated feeder schools.

I think CW will still show up and play. Maybe the cavs will even score this time, that is, if LC shows some.mercy late and allows it.

Incorrect. I know how CB works. It is a tiered syatem. LC would not have 39 players outside their district but that's the value based on the tier system. Again, 39 would make a lot of private schools blush.

. It's based on the roster, not just who open enrollment.

I'm having issues uploading the doc but check out rhe helpful Information on this site. https://www.ohsaa.org/School-Resources/Competitive-Balance-Resource-Center

Specifically talks about those in a roster and played..

Also rhe flow chart. Live in the district it's 0.

Live outside the district and continious since 7the grade is tier 1. Outside the district and not continous from 7th grade it's a tier 2.

Knowledge is power.

So to get a CB of 39 one must have quite a few not living within the district, with some who've been there since 7th and some that haven't. 39 is a big number so everyone can infer what they want but it's quite obvious......
WRONG!!!

CB is based on total enrollment. If a kid comes from another school and is in band he still counts in the CB number.

When you play an XYZ school you expect the kids to be from said district, not XYZ and surrounding areas.

Private schools have their wide net that many complain about, and public have their OE players. The Higher the number the more kids who are not actually in that district.

It's OK though, I just thought it was interesting when people were talking about the bishop Watterson and Belle game. Those 2 have practically the same CB, with of course BW from their designated feeder schools.

I think CW will still show up and play. Maybe the cavs will even score this time, that is, if LC shows some.mercy late and allows it.
It's because LC still has an Ag Education program and FFA, and other schools have shut down their Ag Education program.