Rather than vowing to make sure Sandy Hook wouldn't happen again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much does someone want to bet the kid got his gun at home or from a relative? I don’t think it’s a bridge too far to require gun owners to securely store their weapons when not around the weapon.
Maybe, maybe not. Kid was 18 and Texas lowered the age to purchase a gun to 18 just last year

You're the one trying to make political capital out of this before all the facts are in.
I have said relatively little other than the false equivalence of drunk driving and mass shootings.

The poster above wasted no time to question the shooter's immigration status based on his name/how he looks in order to make a political point. But I'm the one trying "to make political capital" lol

They absolutely could have. Your bewilderment to that fact is troubling. It's almost like you don't understand the problem.

Past time to start hardening soft targets. Enough is enough.
Instead of arming teachers, lets have professional resource officers who carry guns in every school.

Every gun sale I have ever done requires a background check. What’s the difference in that and putting the word “universal” in front of the word?
Private sales and gun shows don’t require background checks. Estimates are between 25% - 35% of gun sales don’t involve any background check.

This is America. Tragedy strikes and everyone goes to their political playbook to score points.
It's a sign of the times.

The issue here IMO is if the initial reports are true and this guy was running from police and engaging them in a gun fight and then ran into the school this is very different then the mass shootings we've seen over the last 25 years. We have to wait for the fog to clear and details to come out but could this be something like a high speed cop chase that ends in the death of an innocent bystander on steroids?

Little children were killed today. Only on this site can you find support for this much indifference to hate. Universal background checks do not violate the 2nd amendment. It is an attempt to keep guns away from the mentally ill. Instead, people like you support not even requiring a license for gun ownership. You should be very proud.
The righteous anger about "little children were killed today" from people who are losing their minds in support of an act which has killed millions of little children is always special.

Who supports what happened? Directing the anger at the proper place, the person responsible and not an inanimate object, is not support.

We have background checks.

A license for gun ownership? It is not a right bestowed by the government but a natural right. Beyond that, licenses have little to do with safety and much to do with revenue. How many car accidents a day are caused by licensed drivers?

You suspect every teacher can accurately fire a handgun?
No but even one teacher with a handgun would have saved lives here. How much would it hurt to find out what teachers would be willing to carry at school and give them the necessary training to fight off an attack-like this? Seems like there is no doubt kids lives would have been saved today if teachers and/or administrators were carrying.

Depends on the gun. Military grade guns are meant to kill enemy combatants during military operations. Hunting guns are meant to hunt animals. Handguns are meant for self defense.
The shooter liked pretending to have a military grade gun.

58241873-10850557-image-a-18_1653430258113.jpg

Who supports what happened? Directing the anger at the proper place, the person responsible and not an inanimate object, is not support.

We have background checks.

A license for gun ownership? It is not a right bestowed by the government but a natural right. Beyond that, licenses have little to do with safety and much to do with revenue. How many car accidents a day are caused by licensed drivers?
These people try to solve every problem through virtue signaling. Look at covid, they insisted on everyone wearing masks even if the science demonstrated masks did nothing to curb the spread of the virus. With gun control it's the same as they insist on all sorts of restrictions that will do nothing to reduce gun violence but will interfere with law abiding Americans exercising a fundamental constitutional right. Frankly I'm sick of these fools and their hollow sanctimony.

Little children were killed today. Only on this site can you find support for this much indifference to hate. Universal background checks do not violate the 2nd amendment. It is an attempt to keep guns away from the mentally ill. Instead, people like you support not even requiring a license for gun ownership. You should be very proud.

Should we start referring to them as groomers?

Ramos's social media was full of photos of guns. He messaged a girl he knew on Instagram, tagging her in a photo of the guns.

'I got lil secret. I wanna tell you,' one message said.

'Be grateful I tagged you,' he wrote.

She replied: 'No it's just scary,' adding: 'I barely know you and you tag me in a picture with guns?'

Ramos, equipped with a handgun and possibly a rifle, allegedly shot his grandmother, whose condition is not yet known, before entering the school and opening fire, Abbott said. The shooting started around 11:32am.

Photos show a pickup truck that crashed outside the school, which, according to Abbott, Ramos abandoned before entering the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.