R4 Final Centerville vs Moeller

ELKSONE

#EPND
The rematch everyone wanted will happen on Saturday. The Elks looked strong against Hamilton, and Moeller struggled against their GCL rival Elder, which was to be expected as they played one another for the 3rd time this season. Plus, Elder was no slouch with a 21-5 record, and three of those losses came against Moeller.

Moeller will be looking to avenge their only loss of the season. The problem with this game is, it's hard to say which Centerville team will show up.

The Elks have had a great run over the past three seasons, reaching the State Tournament each time with one title, one runner-up, and one semifinal exit.

This season they had 8 losses, yet beat a few top 10 teams and took Ignatius to two overtimes.

It appears the Elks are playing well, and the game on Saturday should be entertaining and close.

The rematch everyone wanted will happen on Saturday. The Elks looked strong against Hamilton, and Moeller struggled against their GCL rival Elder, which was to be expected as they played one another for the 3rd time this season. Plus, Elder was no slouch with a 21-5 record, and three of those losses came against Moeller.

Moeller will be looking to avenge their only loss of the season. The problem with this game is, it's hard to say which Centerville team will show up.

The Elks have had a great run over the past three seasons, reaching the State Tournament each time with one title, one runner-up, and one semifinal exit.

This season they had 8 losses, yet beat a few top 10 teams and took Ignatius to two overtimes.

It appears the Elks are playing well, and the game on Saturday should be entertaining and close.
First of all, thanks for all of your updates last night from the 2 games at Cintas. I followed you on Yappi to stay up-to-date on the games...so thank you!

I said this on another thread.... I want this winner to win the state championship. Best of luck to both teams, it should be a great game!

I would like to see Moeller win but the only path I see them winning is a 39-38 slugfest. I think they also need to hope Powell is off a little bit. Both teams can play slow or fast and can be great defensively. I just think it will come down to Centerville has more guys who can score in high level games. I was at the game earlier this year and Centerville was the stronger and tougher team. It helps Moe that McBride now seems to be back to full strength and Kremer has shortened his bench. Although I dont know how much production Moe is getting from their bench , absolutely none offensively. I just think Moe will need to run Powell off the 3 point line because once he gets started he is hard to stop. Offensively Moe needs Kazenecki to get back to where he was all season , hopefully the big shot against Elder helps him. If I was betting on it I say Centerville by 5 but hope I am not right. Another thing that showed itself last night vs Elder was Moe not having a true point guard as they struggled against Elder half court trap when that is something that Elder does not do very often. All Moe fans love Havens defense and team play but handling pressure has never really been his thing plus Mahaffey was throwing some terrible cross court passes that led to turnovers. Centerville will turn those into points and Elder could not. I will be there and hope it is a great game. Good luck to both teams.

First of all, thanks for all of your updates last night from the 2 games at Cintas. I followed you on Yappi to stay up-to-date on the games...so thank you!

I said this on another thread.... I want this winner to win the state championship. Best of luck to both teams, it should be a great game!
You're welcome!

Last shot of the game…….
IMG_0463.jpeg

That zoomed in screen shot shows that it could be a foul. It doesn't mean that it definitely is. The photographer whose video that was taken from said that, frame by frame, it doesn't look like he made contact.

I thought the travel happened at the top of the key with another Centerville player.
That was moments earlier, involving the Centerville point guard. He dribbled toward a screen and wound up colliding with his teammate and absolutely appeared to travel as he recovered the ball and got his bearings. No call, but I wouldn't blame/credit the final result to that no-call.

At the end of regulation Centerville's free throw shooting let them down, and in OT the same happened to Moeller.

So many momentum swings and big plays both ways down the stretch. Terrific game.

That was moments earlier, involving the Centerville point guard. He dribbled toward a screen and wound up colliding with his teammate and absolutely appeared to travel as he recovered the ball and got his bearings. No call, but I wouldn't blame/credit the final result to that no-call.

At the end of regulation Centerville's free throw shooting let them down, and in OT the same happened to Moeller.

So many momentum swings and big plays both ways down the stretch. Terrific game.
I wasn't trying to blame anything on anyone. I was just confused after watching the game and then coming here and seeing people talking about Powell traveling, because I didn't see that. I figured people would have been talking about the other potential travel that was definitely more easier to see.