Perrysburg OUT for next weekends state duals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokie99

Friend of mine just messaged me this news. No context why they backed out.

Not sure which team will fill the spot and how it will change up seeding. Hope there’s a legitimate reason Burnett dropped out.

I also saw on Twitter Bucksman tweeted this news as well. Wasn’t trying to diss Perrysburg when I said Burnetts ducks but now I may need an apology from those pundits!

Friend of mine just messaged me this news. No context why they backed out.

Not sure which team will fill the spot and how it will change up seeding. Hope there’s a legitimate reason Burnett dropped out.
Very interested in seeing how the State decides on a replacement. I just hope they don't do something goofy like making Perrysburg a bye.

Hopefully the State makes the logical decision and puts them as the 8th seed, NOT the seed that Perrysburg would have had. LOL!!!!!!

I would assume that the coaches will vote just like they would with Perrysburg in. I would also assume they would not vote on them like they would Perrysburg.

I would assume that the coaches will vote just like they would with Perrysburg in. I would also assume they would not vote on them like they would Perrysburg.
You're exactly right! I had a brain freeze and was thinking the OHSAA was still making the decisions. LOL!!!!

My guess as to why they dropped is because they have some matches that they want to save for individual state. With individual only a few weeks away that's the only reason I could guess as to why they drop. That begs the question why enter if they weren't going to follow through.
This reminds me a little about “Star” players skipping a CFB bowl game to prepare for the NFL draft. Does a team state title not mean anything to Perrysburg? Why even wrestle this past weekend if this was your intent the entire time???

This reminds me a little about “Star” players skipping a CFB bowl game to prepare for the NFL draft. Does a team state title not mean anything to Perrysburg? Why even wrestle this past weekend if this was your intent the entire time???
I’m guessing to prep against all that tough competition for the upcoming post season. Note sarcasm.

They exit the same district, so gonna have to wrestle them prior to state anyway.
At Maumee Bay, kids on PBurg were telling kids on other teams that they were not going to wrestle in State Duals for “health reasons”, and for matchup reasons in March. If it was known in January there was NO intent to wrestle second leg of Dual series, why wrestle first leg (essentially taking the next top scoring team from District away from an opportunity to get some quality matches)? Lots of respect for the PBurg staff and athletes but this Is a completely selfish move. Period.

At Maumee Bay, kids on PBurg were telling kids on other teams that they were not going to wrestle in State Duals for “health reasons”, and for matchup reasons in March. If it was known in January there was NO intent to wrestle second leg of Dual series, why wrestle first leg (essentially taking the next top scoring team from District away from an opportunity to get some quality matches)? Lots of respect for the PBurg staff and athletes but this Is a completely selfish move. Period.

Anyone who has been following Perrysburg this season knows that they have been battling injuries all year long. I do not think that they have been full strength at one tournament this year. If Perrysburg wants to win in March, they will need EVERYTHING to go right and wrestle out of their minds. They will also need Eds to stumble and some other teams to chip away at Eds. As I have stated multiple times on various threads. EDS IS AN OVERWHELMING FAVORITE.

I think it is ok for Perrysburg to be "completely selfish" in the long term effects of their teams health this season if they feel that this gives them the best chance to win a state tournament title.

And lets be honest, Eds is winning this weekend, and it aint close, no matter who is there.

Anyone who has been following Perrysburg this season knows that they have been battling injuries all year long. I do not think that they have been full strength at one tournament this year. If Perrysburg wants to win in March, they will need EVERYTHING to go right and wrestle out of their minds. They will also need Eds to stumble and some other teams to chip away at Eds. As I have stated multiple times on various threads. EDS IS AN OVERWHELMING FAVORITE.

I think it is ok for Perrysburg to be "completely selfish" in the long term effects of their teams health this season if they feel that this gives them the best chance to win a state tournament title.

And lets be honest, Eds is winning this weekend, and it aint close, no matter who is there.
If their not healthy, why did they wrestle this weekend? Did everyone wrestle?

why wrestle first leg (essentially taking the next top scoring team from District away from an opportunity to get some quality matches)?
Not challenging your post at all, but with them dropping out isn't Avon Lake the next highest team from their district?

Avon Lake is replacing Perrysburg

If they have injuries then they shouldn't of entered at all.
Why isn't the coach saying something.
Will Avon have problems making weight
Maybe PB would be dealing with injuries after wrestling Eds then again I don't think they make it to the finals

If they have injuries then they shouldn't of entered at all.
Why isn't the coach saying something.
Will Avon have problems making weight
Maybe PB would be dealing with injuries after wrestling Eds then again I don't think they make it to the finals

Why would Avon have problems making weight? It is +4 and two weeks from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.