Perrysburg is now the toughest district

I'm not sure about this. Now that schools can choose their Sectionals, Districts is no longer the same teams. An example is Boardman going to St Edward Sectionals and subsequently onto NW Perrysburg.
LOL!! You can only compare one year at a time. Perrysburg is definitely a little top heavy this year, but both bucksman and boro agree the difference between Perrysburg and Hoover is minimal, if any.

If I recall, every other year was only 3 going. Match for 3rd and 4th was the one to watch
I had forgotten about that but you are likely correct. The NE District got seven wrestlers to the show. Four from Mentor and three from Perry and the other way around the following year. I remember '90 because I knew a wrestler who finished fourth.

I had forgotten about that but you are likely correct. The NE District got seven wrestlers to the show. Four from Mentor and three from Perry and the other way around the following year. I remember '90 because I knew a wrestler who finished fourth.
Jim, maybe you can help with timing or specifics. I seem to remember that up until the early 90's, Div 1 (AAA) had alot more schools. It wasn't the 3 evened out Divisions.

Jim, maybe you can help with timing or specifics. I seem to remember that up until the early 90's, Div 1 (AAA) had alot more schools. It wasn't the 3 evened out Divisions.
Wow, you are asking a lot of my failing memory.
I can't say, for sure, when things evened out but I am thinking that 1988 is the correct year. The reason I say that is that in the 1987 tournament, Class A (today's D3) had only 4 placers in the event. AA and AAA both had 6 placers.
In 1988 all three divisions (now called I, II, and III) placed six on the podium. Given that, it seems reasonable that this was the year.
I might suggest reaching out to John Jaksetic (Jake@jakeswrestling.com) as now he has all the old Al Carroll records from the state tournament in his possession. Strangely enough, he finished 4th at 125 pounds in 1988.
I hope this helps.

Clay will be fine. Top tier coaching staff that is doing things the right way.
I think they will as well. They have been able to fill close to a full roster again and have a couple of kids that should be very good. Freshman McNally at 145 was close to getting a trip down to Columbus. A couple of others that are either sophs or freshman that improved throughout the year. Sad thing is - I saw one kid that is the grandson of someone I wrestled with....