#PACtion™ 2024

I thought South had a youngster show promise
They have the momo if winning last year got a couple more kids into the weight room
look out
The name you’re looking for is Brodee Beegle.

Here is the link to the 2023 Canton South game story from The Canton Repository. From the article:
Beegle finished 4-of-6 passing for 83 yards. The Wildcats played it conservative with him until it was time to strike.
69 of the 83 yards came on the game-winning touchdown pass to Tre Wilson.

That’s the resume. We’ll see how he fares assuming he is the starter in August.

@cuyahogacuse Did I see you post a recap of the Triway/Tuslaw game where the winning touchdown was scored when our punter kicked the ball into his up-man's behind, then picked up the loose ball and ran it 40+ yards into the end zone? That was one of the craziest games/plays I can remember! I also remember calling 93.7 FM on my drive home - that guy has a sweet call-in radio show late on Friday nights - and talked about the ending to that game as well as the Ohio State Buckeyes.

@cuyahogacuse Did I see you post a recap of the Triway/Tuslaw game where the winning touchdown was scored when our punter kicked the ball into his up-man's behind, then picked up the loose ball and ran it 40+ yards into the end zone? That was one of the craziest games/plays I can remember! I also remember calling 93.7 FM on my drive home - that guy has a sweet call-in radio show late on Friday nights - and talked about the ending to that game as well as the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Yes, indeed. That was my 2008 PAC Game of the Year ... posted a day late last week, on Friday midday.

Monday morning tuffness:

Because it's Monday morning, it's #PACtion™ and you need entertainment and thought provoking memes and/or crap dug out of my extensive files.

1. Urban Meyer and Bob Evans. Advertising magic that didn't last long.

Screenshot_20240506-075732-778.png

2. Rafal Ganowicz

GMf8KamWcAI7dtD.png

3. Believe it or Not

GKX3N8QWcAAQSaP.jpeg

4. The Mad Hungarian

C4J7dNMVUAA33FA.jpeg

5. Shooter

83976.jpeg

6. Ahiga!
Rqg5E2wh_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
The name you’re looking for is Brodee Beegle.

Here is the link to the 2023 Canton South game story from The Canton Repository. From the article:

69 of the 83 yards came on the game-winning touchdown pass to Tre Wilson.

That’s the resume. We’ll see how he fares assuming he is the starter in August.
There was also an 8th grade QB that looked pretty polished and already decent height. Granted, it's Jr. High football and sometimes someone hitting puberty and being just that much bigger, stronger, faster in the only difference, then you get to H.S. and everyone has armpit hair. I did not see Beegle play in person, but agree, small sample size and possibly a legit competition at that position which isn't a bad problem to have.

PAC Game of the Year - 2008 | Triway (6-2, 4-1 PAC) at Tuslaw (8-0, 5-0 PAC) | Week 9 | October 17, 2008
This is the tenth in an ongoing series, highlighting the PAC Game of the Year in each season, from 1999 through 2023, which will lead up to the start of the 2024 high school football season. For a look back at prior summaries, click here for 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

This edition of the PAC Game of the Year comes a day later than normal, as we round out the first decade of games in this series.

Indian Valley rejoined the conference in 2008. The Braves were a charter member of the PAC, but had played the previous twelve seasons in the East Central Ohio Conference. In fact, Indian Valley had one of the two conference victories over Manchester in the first 16 years of conference play, back in 1993 when the went undefeated in the PAC to be the only school other than Manchester to be crowed champions of the PAC before 2005.

But in 2008, the Braves were not a factor. They went winless in conference and finished 2-8 overall. Like the previous year, CVCA and Tuslaw remained at the top of the conference standings for a second year in a row, and their Week 6 matchup, with both teams undefeated through the first half of the conference schedule would seem to be the logical choice as Game of the Year. Tuslaw outmuscled CVCA at home, 18-13, to gain the upper hand in the conference championship race.

But seasons build. And while it's hard to pass on a midseason battle of two undefeateds as the PAC Game of the Year, the 2008 season came down to a late season matchup on the high grass at Tuslaw, where the Mustangs hosted Triway.

The Titans season began with a win over West Holmes, but they followed that up by being on the wrong side of a 34-13 beatdown at Orrville during the Red Riders' heyday in the Ohio Cardinal Conference. After a 15-12 squeaker against Waynedale, the Titans doubled up Manchester 26-13 at home. But a week 5 trip to CVCA produced a similar result to that earlier visit to Orrville. The Royals dominated the Titans 35-12, and the Titans were 3-2 (1-1) at the season's halfway mark. All the attention was on undefeated CVCA and Tuslaw.

But with the lights and energy focused on the two top teams, something clicked for the Titans. The offense took things to the next level and the defense got stingy. Triway 52 Fairless 7. Triway 56 Indian Valley 14. Triway 45 Tusky Valley 6. Suddenly, an unsteady first half of the season had turned into a Week 9 opportunity to compete for a share of a conference championship.

Triway headed back out of the road in Week 9 against the undefeated Mustangs, determined to produce a better result than than in their season's first two excursions to Orrville and CVCA. It turned out to be a night for the defenses. A night few in attendance would ever forget.

The Titans defense held the Mustangs to just 72 rushing yards on 32 carries. Tuslaw quarterback Shelby Combs engineered a touchdown on the game's first possession, when he hit Graydon Feichter on a fade from the Titans 24-yard line. But it was tough sledding after that. He finished just 6 for 28 for 72 yards and a pick.

However, the Mustangs defense was just as good - if not better. In fact, they pitched a shutout against the Titans offense, which managed 133 yards on the ground but just 33 yards through the air and was never able to score. Still, the Titans were in a tie game in the fourth quarter because of an 85-yard scoop and score of a Combs fumble by junior Cole Drake early in the second quarter.

The 7-7 halftime deadlock showed no signs of being broken as the defenses continued to dominate into the fourth quarter.

Sometimes, you have to pull victory out of the jaws of defeat. During Week 9 in 2008, the Titans pulled victory out of a completely different anatomical area. I'll let The Daily Record's Aaron Dorksen pick up the story from there from his October 18, 2008 game story.

Drake wasn't done. He picked off a pass as the game ended to seal the win for the Titans.

Current Triway head coach Cody Kelly was a key contributor to the victory, and he was ecstatic after the game. Again from the Dorksen game story:

CVCA and Triway both finished the season at 9-1 (6-1).

And because of the The Boot Heard Round The PAC, the 2008 Mustangs finished 8-2 (6-1) after a Week 10 57-0 thrashing of Timken, and were a part of the three-way tie for the conference championship.

Never before and perhaps never again. The conference championship came down to a Special Teams punt gone wrong ... but oh so right.

#PACtion™

Postscript
The 8-2 (6-1) season earned Triway the 6-seed in Division 4 Region 13, but they drew the long drive to Perry and fell to the Pirates 41-7 in the first round of the Playoffs

Tuslaw was the 2-seed in Region 13 and they throttled LaBrae 28-0 for a first round playoff victory. But they too ran into Perry at Twinsburg's Tiger Stadium in the Regional Semifinal and were shutout 47-0 and finished 10-2.

CVCA was the 5-seed as the PAC sent all three teams to the Region 13 playoffs. The Royals traveled to Youngstown but fell to Mooney 14-6 at Stambaugh Stadium in the first round

Want to read more about the game? Here's the link, with the ABJ box score below.
View attachment 58212
I would have loved to watch this game....I love a great defensive struggle...I do not know what you do for a living...so I am suggesting you write a book about Rich Kotite....not the real Rich Kotite...but the Rich Kotite of PACtion....am thinking people would want to categorize it under fiction....lol..you can use the Shreve Legal Team as your agent....lol

You finally picked a date where I saw a victory for the Blue Streaks...we beat Fitch 49 to 14...Our tailback rushed for 345 yards to tie a school record, he also scored 6 touchdowns to tie that record....those results also tied a school stadium record too. We started the season 2-0...then lost 5 in a row...all very close games..then we won the last 3 to be 500.

Last edited:
We lost a game to Jackson 2018 to a play similar like this...we blocked a punt in the second quarter that the ball went straight in the ground and bounced right back in the punter's hands...their punter was their QB...well he took off and ran 30 yards to get the first down....they drove down the field very methodically...our D was gassed...they score and kick off...our kid runs it back for a TD..now we kick and our D had to go back out...our D played almost the whole second quarter...we never did recover from that bounce...lol

1715012830666.png

Keith Wakefield is beloved by cruise passengers with his stories about strong side blocking schemes.

1715013082432.png

Canton South is Flavortown.

1715013679986.png

The story of Boxcar Mo Tipton is the stuff of legend in Orrville.

Last edited:
Thanks. I gained 5 pounds just looking at that:mad:
Amen! And to make matters worse, most of the GOOOOOOD donut shops are closed on Mondays. I'm a man who should have MANY regrets, but never have regretted a good donut. (Of course that's never stopped me from eating an "average" or bad one before . . .)

Amen! And to make matters worse, most of the GOOOOOOD donut shops are closed on Mondays. I'm a man who should have MANY regrets, but never have regretted a good donut. (Of course that's never stopped me from eating an "average" or bad one before . . .)
Makes Tuesday donuts all that much better? I try to go on a morning walk just about everyday. My walking route goes right past a Dunkin' Donut! Open 7 days a week. All that walking and I can't lose any weight! A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside and enigma.:(

I would have loved to watch this game....I love a great defensive struggle...I do not know what you do for a living...so I am suggesting you write a book about Rich Kotite....not the real Rich Kotite...but the Rich Kotite of PACtion....am thinking people would want to categorize it under fiction....lol..you can use the Shreve Legal Team as your agent....lol

You finally picked a date where I saw a victory for the Blue Streaks...we beat Fitch 49 to 14...Our tailback rushed for 345 yards to tie a school record, he also scored 6 touchdowns to tie that record....those results also tied a school stadium record too. We started the season 2-0...then lost 5 in a row...all very close games..then we won the last 3 to be 500.
Things ebb and flow.....you could probably bring Fitch back to the Fed as a "football only" school ala school #8 but football ONLY.

As Fitch goes..... Youngstown Chaney goes. If Chaney is good...Fitch is not as tuff. They border each other.

If Chaney is weak or no longer a school then Fitch gets tuffer. And then there's the Ursuline and Mooney factor.

The North Coast Conference vis a vis CVCA is going to need CCC or at least a meeting to discuss it. Maybe Ursuline or Mooney or JFK, too.The NCC needs more depth.

The North Coast Conference needs another school or two. Elyria CC is not reliable.

For negotiations, I am super expensive just like Henry Kissinger.

Raylan a long time ago mentioned Kidron CC in #PACtion™ for soccer which could open up Mogadore for football but we could also do Lake CC for soccer instead of Kidron.

Maybe Lake CC could come into #PACtion™ for soccer and basketball and then Mogadore football.

Or just add Coventry or Springfield. That would be easiest.

Carrollton is a NO.

Minerva is a quadruple NO.

I'd look at Marlington because they have hot farm moms in their Tractor Supply fashion and some suburban chicks, too.

😂

Last edited:
Things ebb and flow.....you could probably bring Fitch back to the Fed as a "football only" school ala school #8 but football ONLY.

As Fitch goes..... Youngstown Cheney goes. If Cheney is good...Fitch is not as tuff. They border each other.

I'd look at Marlington because they have hot farm moms in their Tractor Supply fashion and some suburban chicks, too.

😂
Fitch is open enrollment...when they went that route Mooney and Ursuline lost players to Fitch...Fitch also has brought in kids from PA...Fitch wanted out of the Fed...Boardman would have stayed...they wish they were closer so they could be in the league now.

I have seen Marlington women for years...I have never ever seen a hot farm mom...but they do have milking skills!

Makes Tuesday donuts all that much better? I try to go on a morning walk just about everyday. My walking route goes right past a Dunkin' Donut! Open 7 days a week. All that walking and I can't lose any weight! A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside and enigma.:(
Forget the donuts and just get a coffee....that will help curb the appetite!

@thePITman wasn't there a game at CVCA where we punted to you guys and the ball went straight up in the air and our punter caught it and ran for a first down? I think it was when we were pretty bad. I think it was extremely windy. I know it happened at CVCA but can't remember what team it was.

Fitch is open enrollment...when they went that route Mooney and Ursuline lost players to Fitch...Fitch also has brought in kids from PA...Fitch wanted out of the Fed...Boardman would have stayed...they wish they were closer so they could be in the league now.

I have seen Marlington women for years...I have never ever seen a hot farm mom...but they do have milking skills!
What was Chaney's relationship to Fitch?

There's an answer there.

Last edited: