#PACtion™ 2024

NW has an option - and tbh, it would probably be better for them than the PAC or EBC....

Metro
Woodridge - 206
Coventry - 215
Field - 235
Springfield - 241
Norton - 242
Ravenna - 244
Cloverleaf - 247
Streetsboro - 258
Northwest - 259

The Metro would LOVE to add Northwest at some point....
I'd take Coventry, Springfield or Woodridge right now because Woodridge has hot hippy yoga chicks who drive Suburus and love granola. Heck I would have done a big/small league with CVCA but whatever.

Northwest has too many wide hipped Barberton ex-pat chicks. Northwest never built a great, great wall and allowed for mediocrity. Broc Dial must bring down his alma mater and must bring them down hard.

Screenshot_20240402-163634-196.png

Last edited:
While you're all talking league futures here's the enrollment numbers:

1. Northwest- 259
2. Orrville- 226
3. Canton South- 212
4. Manchester- 171
5. Triway- 167
6. Fairless- 160
7. Tuslaw- 150
*CVCA- 259

Top half of the league sitting somewhere around 75/100 more boys in the halls than the smaller schools. Doesn't seem like that big of a thing but Northwest without the difference in sizes between senior classes is 53% bigger than Tuslaw, 47% bigger than Fairless, 43% bigger than Triway, and 40% bigger than Manchester. I can definitely see that being a sticking point in the future for some of the smaller schools in the conference
More fun with numbers
1712089888377.png

CVCA numbers included for reference only. The Royals have departed, as we know, but are the same size as Northwest. Private school Competitive Balance calculations bump CVCA up a division.

Based on the new EMIS numbers (pre-competitive balance), it looks fairly certain that Orrville will be moving back up to Division 4 and Tuslaw is on the cusp of moving back up to Division 5.

This is preliminary, because both the ranges could change and the new 2024 Competitive Balance numbers are not yet available. Updated CB numbers were released on May 3, 2023 last year, so we're likely about a month away.

But very interesting to see the growth in Orrville and Tuslaw. Assume Smuckers is bringing families into Orrville. And would have to guess there are more minivan moms in Tuslaw than two years ago. That's a really big jump (+20%) off of such a small base of 125 boys from October 2021.

Conversely, Canton South, Fairless and Triway are all getting smaller. And Fairless is really contracting - down 16% in just two years ... which adds more fuel to the possible Fairless departure fire. If the trends continue for Fairless and Tuslaw, the Falcons could quickly be the smallest school in the PAC.

What are those IVC school numbers again? The PAC hasn't been a six-team conference since a four-year run from 1997-2000.

Last edited:
@Rich Kotite: What is the status of the Bellstores Field project? Is all the money raised? Any word on when ground will be broken?

I see the Mustangs have three of the first five on the road, but Smithville is scheduled for home in Week 1 and Tuslaw is scheduled to host CVCA in Week 4.

Two years ago, Woodridge broke ground after school ended and then lost the first half of the following football season. CVCA and a couple of others got extra home games out of the deal, as Woodridge was forced to start the season on the road and didn't host its first game on the new turf until Week 6.

In 2021, Kent Roosevelt moved its home opener to a road game and the Week 2 CVCA game location was up in the air until the week of the Week 2 game, but the contractors finished up and Roosevelt hosted CVCA in the first game on the turf there.

@Rich Kotite: What is the status of the Bellstores Field project? Is all the money raised? Any word on when ground will be broken?

I see the Mustangs have three of the first five on the road, but Smithville is scheduled for home in Week 1 and Tuslaw is scheduled to host CVCA in Week 4.

Two years ago, Woodridge broke ground after school ended and then lost the first half of the following football season. CVCA and a couple of others got extra home games out of the deal, as Woodridge was forced to start the season on the road and didn't host its first game on the new turf until Week 6.

In 2021, Kent Roosevelt moved its home opener to a road game and the Week 2 CVCA game location was up in the air until the week of the Week 2 game, but the contractors finished up and Roosevelt hosted CVCA in the first game on the turf there.
According to the turf project FB page, all funds have been raised and they plan to start work in May following graduation. They are targeting the middle of July to have the turf down. They are looking to upgrade the scoreboard as well now seeing that we are planning to actually score some points with Dial at the helm now.

According to the turf project FB page, all funds have been raised and they plan to start work in May following graduation. They are targeting the middle of July to have the turf down. They are looking to upgrade the scoreboard as well now seeing that we are planning to actually score some points with Dial at the helm now.
As I was just gonna post.....I would still make em run up the Deerfield hill even with the good news.

I want one game to have the video screen and music. The next time Crooked Canal Fulton comes to town with their illegals....I'd make it really hot. 🔥

Good things are happening....all the reason to stay in PACtionTM.

Screenshot_20240402-171513-978.png

Last edited:
Is the 259 for CVCA the adjusted number for competitive balance? I am pretty certain that there are not really 259 boys there.
The below numbers represent final enrollments counts and classifications for the 2024-25 and 2025-26 school years.

Note: For Competitive Balance sports, a team's Additional Roster count will be added to these base EMIS numbers to obtain a final Adjusted Enrollment count, which will then be used to place a team into a tournament division.

One other question out of left field out where Mel Hall used to roam....is former Redskins HC Joe Gibbs separated at birth from former pro wrestling manager Jim Cornette?

Screenshot_20240402-182029-479.png

Screenshot_20240402-182932-313.png

More fun with numbers
View attachment 56757
CVCA numbers included for reference only. The Royals have departed, as we know, but are the same size as Northwest. Private school Competitive Balance calculations bump CVCA up a division.

Based on the new EMIS numbers (pre-competitive balance), it looks fairly certain that Orrville will be moving back up to Division 4 and Tuslaw is on the cusp of moving back up to Division 5.

This is preliminary, because both the ranges could change and the new 2024 Competitive Balance numbers are not yet available. Updated CB numbers were released on May 3, 2023 last year, so we're likely about a month away.

But very interesting to see the growth in Orrville and Tuslaw. Assume Smuckers is bringing families into Orrville. And would have to guess there are more minivan moms in Tuslaw than two years ago. That's a really big jump (+20%) off of such a small base of 125 boys from October 2021.

Conversely, Canton South, Fairless and Triway are all getting smaller. And Fairless is really contracting - down 16% in just two years ... which adds more fuel to the possible Fairless departure fire. If the trends continue for Fairless and Tuslaw, the Falcons could quickly be the smallest school in the PAC.

What are those IVC school numbers again? The PAC hasn't been a six-team conference since a four-year run from 1997-2000.
Orrville in D4 year after losing a 3 year starter at QB? Ouch.

And like a bad septic, the Fairless-IVC stink just won’t go away. I went hard on them about the CVCA meeting but if they do this…

1712106232525.png

I'd take Coventry, Springfield or Woodridge right now because Woodridge has hot hippy yoga chicks who drive Suburus and love granola. Heck I would have done a big/small league with CVCA but whatever.

Northwest has too many wide hipped Barberton ex-pat chicks. Northwest never built a great, great wall and allowed for mediocrity. Broc Dial must bring down his alma mater and must bring them down hard.

View attachment 56758
Easy pal.......Northwest is far from anything close to Barbertucky. You want to talk about our Manchester transfers, ok.....but I'm drawing the line when you start talking Barberton...

More fun with numbers
View attachment 56757

Growth is a good thing most of the time - except when it shoves you into a region with Norwayne, Perry, and South Range. Ouch.

When NW got into the PAC they were hovering around 220 boys and Tuslaw was around 180ish. The discrepancy was much smaller when they originally were selected. The PAC had to have known that NW had the potential to gain some enrollment numbers because of the overall size of the district. NW in the 2000's was a very large D3 school, almost on the verge of D2 a few times. The levy issues and the recession greatly hurt the school as far as total enrollment and it took many years to build those numbers back up.

Barring some smaller classes all combined together, NW will most likely at this point always be one of the biggest schools in the conference now. But if you look at the school data from the Middle School and below. Most three year grouping of males is only around 200 for the classes that are coming up.

Orrville in D4 year after losing a 3 year starter at QB? Ouch.

And like a bad septic, the Fairless-IVC stink just won’t go away. I went hard on them about the CVCA meeting but if they do this…

View attachment 56789
For the future security of the league the best possible scenario is that with CVCA gone Fairless going to the IVC alone. All other scenarios I can envision end up with Manchester, Tuslaw, and Fairless forming a core that starts a new league and leaves Northwest, Canton South, and Orrville out in the cold

For the future security of the league the best possible scenario is that with CVCA gone Fairless going to the IVC alone. All other scenarios I can envision end up with Manchester, Tuslaw, and Fairless forming a core that starts a new league and leaves Northwest, Canton South, and Orrville out in the cold
Where would Triway go especially with the WCAL door closed seemingly forever? I'd hope they'd stick with the "core."

Their other option could be the KMAC?

You talk about travel for them, although their neighbor Loudonville is in the KMAC.**

**KMAC is not a country music radio station in Kansas. It's the Knox Morrow Athletic Conference for those who have lived deprived lives not knowing who the KMAC is.