1. Northwest- 259
2. Orrville- 226
3. Canton South- 212
4. Manchester- 171
5. Triway- 167
6. Fairless- 160
7. Tuslaw- 150
*CVCA- 259

Top half of the league sitting somewhere around 75/100 more boys in the halls than the smaller schools. Doesn't seem like that big of a thing but Northwest without the difference in sizes between senior classes is 53% bigger than Tuslaw, 47% bigger than Fairless, 43% bigger than Triway, and 40% bigger than Manchester. I can definitely see that being a sticking point in the future for some of the smaller schools in the conference
Is the 259 for CVCA the adjusted number for competitive balance? I am pretty certain that there are not really 259 boys there.

Interesting projections on Tuslaw win totals! Looking at the schedule - I could see 3-0 to start the season. Then it gets tuff. I think the right number is 4.5 like Shoot said. Though there is a world where I could see them winning 7 games.

Also a world where they could win 3.

While you're all talking league futures here's the enrollment numbers:

1. Northwest- 259
2. Orrville- 226
3. Canton South- 212
4. Manchester- 171
5. Triway- 167
6. Fairless- 160
7. Tuslaw- 150
*CVCA- 259

Top half of the league sitting somewhere around 75/100 more boys in the halls than the smaller schools. Doesn't seem like that big of a thing but Northwest without the difference in sizes between senior classes is 53% bigger than Tuslaw, 47% bigger than Fairless, 43% bigger than Triway, and 40% bigger than Manchester. I can definitely see that being a sticking point in the future for some of the smaller schools in the conference
Do we know what the cutoffs are for each division?

Not yet, the OHSAA board will get together at the end of April and approve the fall and winter divisions. Doesn't look like anyone will be changing though if cutoffs remain what they were
And am I understanding correctly that these numbers are good for two full seasons; assuming that is the norm......

Not yet, the OHSAA board will get together at the end of April and approve the fall and winter divisions. Doesn't look like anyone will be changing though if cutoffs remain what they were
I will add to this that Fairless could be right on the line of D6 (2023 cutoff was 157), and Canton South could be right on the line of D5 (2023 cutoff was 205)

While you're all talking league futures here's the enrollment numbers:

1. Northwest- 259
2. Orrville- 226
3. Canton South- 212
4. Manchester- 171
5. Triway- 167
6. Fairless- 160
7. Tuslaw- 150
*CVCA- 259

and here is what is crazy to me personally
First - why would NW want to be with all smaller schools
and second - how did NW get voted in if schools don't want such a discrepancy in enrollment

Another personal opinion - after you get to like 400 kids I am not sure how much of a difference in football rosters there are from a 400 boy school to a 500 boy school.

but a school such as Tuslaw with 150 boys - makes a big difference when playing a school with 250 boys on the norm - of course there are outliers and schools that defy these numbers.

Is the issue a numbers game because I don't know a league that has a tighter travel in this area.

and second - how did NW get voted in if schools don't want such a discrepancy in enrollment

Another personal opinion - after you get to like 400 kids I am not sure how much of a difference in football rosters there are from a 400 boy school to a 500 boy school.

but a school such as Tuslaw with 150 boys - makes a big difference when playing a school with 250 boys on the norm - of course there are outliers and schools that defy these numbers.

Is the issue a numbers game because I don't know a league that has a tighter travel in this area.
NW is a victim of their size and location, too small to go with the bigger area schools and too far away from them to go to a bigger conference. Ironically they fit nearly perfectly in the EBC but with 55 minute bus trips to Salem on the line and 65 minute trips to Carrollton that isn't something many ADs are chomping at the bit to go after even if it is the best option competitively. At the same time the smaller schools know that without an invite from the IVC or WCAL they don't have anywhere to go other than independence which is a choice nobody is going to make. The PAC-7 has very much become a conference made up of teams joined together because they have nowhere else to go

NW is a victim of their size and location, too small to go with the bigger area schools and too far away from them to go to a bigger conference. Ironically they fit nearly perfectly in the EBC but with 55 minute bus trips to Salem on the line and 65 minute trips to Carrollton that isn't something many ADs are chomping at the bit to go after even if it is the best option competitively. At the same time the smaller schools know that without an invite from the IVC or WCAL they don't have anywhere to go other than independence which is a choice nobody is going to make. The PAC-7 has very much become a conference made up of teams joined together because they have nowhere else to go
I agree with this 100%

regardless what other leagues do - I guess schools need to understand - they can't have it all - while some do have it all or have it set up their way not all schools get to be the big fish in the small pond and have short drives within a league.

I thought ok the PAC has just over a 100 boy difference, and travel that is second to none (4 schools stacked geographically sharing a state route is not a common occurrence.

Each school needs to start in house. What is their top priority? is it travel distance or is it about the size of schools in the league. One would like to think they can have both for everyone all the time. Doesn't seem to be happening here for the bottom end.

HOWEVER - there it is, their choice if they're going to stay or go? A new league is going to add travel for ______________. is it worth it? is it a better deal for them? is the enrollment difference less or are there more schools similar in size and demographics? Obviously each school put in the blank would answer it differently.

PACtion™ 4life

Think your last point is the major one. The size disparity is legit, but when you take off the football googles and look at all of the programs schools offer that 100 kid disparity is easier to handle counting up all the Mon - Thurs (ie - school night) road trips you'll make throughout the year. We're all football focused, but a good league is a whole lot more than that.

Diesel fuel aint cheap, but, other than our friends in the WCAL, there's not a lot of "more affordable" leagues than the PAC.

2024 Tuslaw (assuming the same schedule):
Smithville W (Dial owns anything in green)
Chippewa W
River View W
CVCA L (Royals get payback on turf for the 2018 Mustang loss in that mudpit)
Triway W (Dial doesn't lose 2 in a row)
Northwest L
Manchester W
Orrville W
Canton South L
Fairless W

7-3 in Region 21 and Tuslaw gets to play week 11 at home and a bunch of his former Bulldog players show up to cheer him on after finishing their season at 5-5.

Chippewa W
River View W
Northwest L
Manchester W
Orrville W
Canton South L
Fairless W

7-3 in Region 21 and Tuslaw gets to play week 11 at home and a bunch of his former Bulldog players show up to cheer him on after finishing their season at 5-5.
Happy Excuse Me GIF

Shoot, I'm picking up what you're laying down, but if you were at all of those games last year and you know the rosters, you know what the coaching and play calling was, you'd know that regardless of the final scores the next day, the only games that Tuslaw was going to lose for certain was South and CVCA. That given the growth & changeover of the league does not equal this being crazy talk. Not a guarantee, I'll also give you that, coaches coach and players play.

Last edited:
Tuslaw and Northwest should play each other. Old school Slaw people know that game has meaning. The Bleu Cup was foisted upon us in the beginning stages of the PAC by a bunch of bored adults.

I say buckle up with Broc Dial and The Future is Now...beat the GD NW Indigenous People and their illegal alien Manchester players. Hit em early, late, and it won't take much to get in their head.

Hey Northwest....when are you building a great, great wall at Comet Road?

Screenshot_20240402-152021-099.png

Last edited:
OK, I'm going to guess that it's some sort of league idea that Nate Held and some others are pushing.

Some in IVC Land are realistic and realize that 8-man football is staring TCC and Strasburg in the face and you have a situation where some of the smaller IVC teams are not scheduling the larger schools in the crossover division.

So some will propose cobbling together TV, SV, Fairless, IV, Claymont, Garaway, Ridgewood, Coshocton, and Riverview. They will try to ask Tuslaw who hopefully channels Austin Carr and says GET THAT WEAK STUFF OUTTA HERE because that's an increase in travel time and a decrease in attendance joining that proposed league. They'll likely try to tie Carrollton and Minerva into this league idea.

The smaller IVC schools will be on their own as a league. East Canton, Malvern, Strasburg, TCC, Newcomerstown, Buckeye Trail, Conotton Valley, and they'll likely ask St. Thomas Aquinas. This league will exist knowing that it would implode at any moment when 8-man football happens at some of these schools.

Beating a dead horse? Yeah. I agree it is. I wish these ideas and/or alleged conference calls weren't happening.

It seems to me the PAC is being reactive and not pro-active these days.

All of this is my guess reading tea leaves. These league ideas have been recycled for years and haven't had legs because they're not good ideas.
Here’s some more tea leaves … because I know absolutely nothing. But recall I posted this last week:

Now I don’t own a tin foil hat, but when I clicked to see who reposted this, I’ll say I found this to be … interesting.
IMG_9458.jpeg

I get the East District Repost. But the IVC?
E Entertainment GIF by E!

Last edited:
Chippewa W
River View W
Northwest L
Manchester W
Orrville W
Canton South L
Fairless W

This is the exact scenario I saw when I mentioned 7 wins.

I agree with this 100%

regardless what other leagues do - I guess schools need to understand - they can't have it all - while some do have it all or have it set up their way not all schools get to be the big fish in the small pond and have short drives within a league.

I thought ok the PAC has just over a 100 boy difference, and travel that is second to none (4 schools stacked geographically sharing a state route is not a common occurrence.

Each school needs to start in house. What is their top priority? is it travel distance or is it about the size of schools in the league. One would like to think they can have both for everyone all the time. Doesn't seem to be happening here for the bottom end.

HOWEVER - there it is, their choice if they're going to stay or go? A new league is going to add travel for ______________. is it worth it? is it a better deal for them? is the enrollment difference less or are there more schools similar in size and demographics? Obviously each school put in the blank would answer it differently.

PACtion™ 4life
All I know is joining some Coshocton and Tuscarawas County League is bupkis.

We want PACtion™

Here’s some more tea leaves … because I know absolutely nothing. But recall I posted this last week:

Now I don’t own a tin foil hat, but when I clicked to see who reposted this, I’ll say I found this to be … interesting.
View attachment 56753
I get the East District Repost. But the IVC?
E Entertainment GIF by E!
You already are more qualified than most journalists by posting this. And I'm serious. Most don't want to look deeper or rattle the cage.

Shoot, I'm picking up what you're laying down, but if you were at all of those games last year and you know the rosters, you know what the coaching and play calling was, you'd know that regardless of the final scores the next day, the only games that Tuslaw was going to lose for certain was South and CVCA. That given the growth & changeover of the league does not equal this being crazy talk. Not a guarantee, I'll also give you that, coaches coach and players play.
Who are the legitimate playmakers for the Mustangs next year that were underutilized?

Chippewa W
River View W
Northwest L
Manchester W
Orrville W
Canton South L
Fairless W

This is the way. This is John George's subs, stuffed grape leaves, baklava, and olives.

NW has an option - and tbh, it would probably be better for them than the PAC or EBC....

Metro
Woodridge - 206
Coventry - 215
Field - 235
Springfield - 241
Norton - 242
Ravenna - 244
Cloverleaf - 247
Streetsboro - 258
Northwest - 259

The Metro would LOVE to add Northwest at some point....

NW has an option - and tbh, it would probably be better for them than the PAC or EBC....

Metro
Woodridge - 206
Coventry - 215
Field - 235
Springfield - 241
Norton - 242
Ravenna - 244
Cloverleaf - 247
Streetsboro - 258
Northwest - 259

The Metro would LOVE to add Northwest at some point....
So you'd take your Manchester illegal migrants with you?

Intriguing.

I'm all for deportation.

Last edited: