#PACtion™ 2024

He's gonna have to settle for elsewhere, maybe an intertwined CV for Conotton Valley
Actually that is not a bad suggestion...he could be head coach of 2 of the three high schools in God's Country...he would be experienced at getting his blades sharpened while getting gas....lol...I don't want to look back and find where that was discussed....lol

First some PAC news

The losses to graduation and transfer at Canton South are staggering.

Cox came on late in the year, starting only two regular season games, but put up some video game stats:
  • 1100+ yards
  • 1200 yards all-purpose
  • 17 touchdowns
  • 100+ tackles
  • 15 TFL’s
  • 1 forced fumble
The Wildcats put eight players on the PAC-7 First Team and Honorable Mention lists. Only rising senior LB Landon Karovic will return. Here are the losses:
  • Tavon Castle SR 6'1" 180 WR/DB (UMU offer)
  • Ethan Fricke SR 5'9" 220 DL/RB (Grove City offer, Blue-Grey All-American Bowl participant
  • Aidan Geer SR 5'8" 215 OL/DL (All Ohio, 2nd Team)
  • Tyler Pugh SR 6'0" 175 WR/DE (Multiple OAC, NCAC offers)
  • Poochie Snyder SR 6'0" 180 QB (Sacred Heart commit)
  • Jerome Cox JR 6'2" 225 RB/LB (Transfer to Glen Oak)
  • Tré Wilson SR 5'7" 185 WR (1000+ yards receiving, 19 TDs)
That's a lot to replace. Is it any surprise that the 2023 squad will be talked about for generations to come?

The losses to graduation and transfer at Canton South are staggering.

Cox came on late in the year, starting only two regular season games, but put up some video game stats:
  • 1100+ yards
  • 1200 yards all-purpose
  • 17 touchdowns
  • 100+ tackles
  • 15 TFL’s
  • 1 forced fumble
The Wildcats put eight players on the PAC-7 First Team and Honorable Mention lists. Only rising senior LB Landon Karovic will return. Here are the losses:
  • Tavon Castle SR 6'1" 180 WR/DB (UMU offer)
  • Ethan Fricke SR 5'9" 220 DL/RB (Grove City offer, Blue-Grey All-American Bowl participant
  • Aidan Geer SR 5'8" 215 OL/DL (All Ohio, 2nd Team)
  • Tyler Pugh SR 6'0" 175 WR/DE (Multiple OAC, NCAC offers)
  • Poochie Snyder SR 6'0" 180 QB (Sacred Heart commit)
  • Jerome Cox JR 6'2" 225 RB/LB (Transfer to Glen Oak)
  • Tré Wilson SR 5'7" 185 WR (1000+ yards receiving, 19 TDs)
That's a lot to replace. Is it any surprise that the 2023 squad will be talked about for generations to come?
Do you know how good their JV team was? I know they have the freshman QB that played when Poochie was hurt.

It's Friday and What Have We Learned This Week?
Its Friday Animation GIF by Universal Kids

Turkeys play baseball - or at least Disco Turkeys do.
Spank Work It GIF by PayPal UK

Tuslaw hasn't been tuff for a while. That's not news this week. But if they really want to get tuff, they'll drop football and that Bellstores turf project and add ... ice football
ice-football-1536x864.png

Now, PACtion™ may occasionally go on a tangent, but I did not have a visit from the Lynchburg, Virginia Chamber of Commerce on my 2024 PACtion™ Bingo Card. But there it was. And yours truly couldn't help but to pile on with Don't You Know Who I Am?
images

1709322994820.jpeg

Dalton hired a coach that was 0-10 last year (What?!?). And the Broc Dial watch kicked into high gear at The Slaw. @Rich Kotite has been beating the drum for months. And maybe, just maybe he can get @the123kidz to throw in a new (used?) car into the compensation package for Ms. Marconi to close the deal and get Dial to make the 4.6 mile drive daily to The Slaw for practice.
817ae1d8fa903a6c5093f3cc0bf4a7e6

Frank Beamer can kick rocks. He is the antithesis of tuff. OK, we didn't learn this here this week. This is a bonus for you loyal PACtion™ followers. In fact, he's a Dum-Dum. Or perhaps just a sucker. (Beamer-Lollipopgate, 2001)
images

Leetonia has a basketball team. And they lost to Medina Christian.
1709325691705.jpeg

UMass joined MACtion. But they are so historically bad, you think they thought they might actually have been applying to replace CVCA in PACtion™? The Minutemen are only slightly better than a high school team.
1709324961524.jpeg

If PACtion™ is known for anything, it's known for it's collective awareness of every diner, bakery and divebar location in The 330. Become a member of PACtion™ and get your own free Diabetes test kit. But your tastebuds will thank you for dining within the confines of PACtion™.
1709324540174.jpeg

And it's officially March. There was some PACtion™ football news this week, and it wasn't good for the defending champs, who saw Rome Cox depart for Glen Oak.
1709325101674.jpeg

It looks like the 7-team PAC is wide open in 2024. The weekend is upon us. Enjoy it. You know Old Man Winter will have a few more things to say, but spring is in the air. Get on out and support your local team!

Last edited:
Do you know how good their JV team was? I know they have the freshman QB that played when Poochie was hurt.
I've got nothing on Canton South JV other than CVCA 13 Canton South 8.

Most schools do not post JV scores, so a bit in the dark. But from what I can tell from the CVCA scores, the most competitive JV teams were from Manchester, South and Northwest. Seems like the cupboard might be bare at Triway, Fairless and Orrville. Tuslaw was so young ... it looks like most of their "JV" guys were playing varsity as sophomores. There's definitely the pieces and numbers there for that team to have success as they mature.

But honestly, who really knows? A lot can change as young kids grow and mature.

I've got nothing on Canton South JV other than CVCA 13 Canton South 8.

Most schools do not post JV scores, so a bit in the dark. But from what I can tell from the CVCA scores, the most competitive JV teams were from Manchester, South and Northwest. Seems like the cupboard might be bare at Triway, Fairless and Orrville. Tuslaw was so young ... it looks like most of their "JV" guys were playing varsity as sophomores. There's definitely the pieces and numbers there for that team to have success as they mature.

But honestly, who really knows? A lot can change as young kids grow and mature.
True on kids grow and mature.....but they played a lot of games...the young kids got a lot more practice and play time. That is huge...plus they saw what it is like to win. They will not be like last year...but for the PAC they may surprise with kids you never heard or saw...that five weeks of extra practice against their first team was a great bonus

@Smoove Mooves - can you get the Coventry biker gang back together revving their HOGS up for the Manchester game and are there any concessionary chicks in the biker gang? Is @Smoove Mooves born to be wild?
Shoot, Kotite, Smoove thoughtified dat you was callifyin' the COncessionary Chickies "Hogs" at firstified......Smoove had to re-readify that and Smoove had to put the phone down 'cuz Smoove was ready to dial the number to the Summit COunty Sheriff to go to Rich Kotite's crib to protectify you from these Concessionary Chickies. Dudes, they ain't all prim and proper, y'all. You gonna mess wit' these Chickies, they gonna go all Venom on yo' rear-end!! It ain't glorious and it AIN'T PRETTY! Then Smoove re-read it and busted Smoove's nut laughifyin'. Rich be one KRAZeee dude!
Smoove is not BORN TO BE WILD on a bike, although Smoove have done many a crazee thingies wit hsome chickies on some bikes. Smoove can put out a HOOTER call for the Coventry Bikers to come out and play.......

Every coach I have been involved with at Lake has been like this....the one thing that is mentioned every season..they are just kids...you may have the jimmy and the joes...but every year there are kids that the light bulb finally goes on and suddenly you have a player...the solid players you know what to expect...but taking a kid who has never played football and you see the potential...just finding a way for the player to see what they are capable of.

Smoove...you brought up character away from the field...I didn't say much because a School Board, Superintendent, Athletic Director can get that info from other people in the area...people they have coached with and worked with or for. I brought up the locker room interactions because people who haven't coached do not get to see this. If the school hired a coach I would expect character to be reviewed and discussed somewhere along the process. I can tell you one item that makes the character issue question easy...if they have their kids in the same school system...coaches are out in the public more then other teachers...held to different standards...yet actually their main job is they are hired as teachers also

When and where do I get those Crunchwraps and can I trade up for other things...lol
Crunchwraps or NUTHIN', BSO....do not try to barter wit' Smoove, Smoove don't play 'dat! Unless it is a Concessionary Chickie..... :sneaky:
As for the character issuification, Smoove speakin' 'bout more than what AD and Super can sometime see. Smoove know that character is doin' the right thing when no one be watchifyin'....... Liek right now, Smoove should be doin' some laundry and cleanin' up my gotchies and stuff so they all fresh smellin' when Smoove take out his girl-slice tomorrow to the All-You-Can-Eat Pizza Buffet at Pizza Hut in Wooster.....but NOOO, Smoove up in herr 'splainin' the little thangs that make a coach a GREAT COACH........ Smoove ain't claimin' nuttin on Lake coach, Smoove likifies coach out therr, but seems like Lake lose some games they should not lose and it happen alot. Not necessarily last 2 years, 'cuz Smoove seent Lake play and they had some "Dudes", is what the terminilogical word is nowadays; Smoove just callifies them STUDS. Smoove have an inkling that many of these players just do not "buy" 100%-ification into what coach be sellin'. THAT all.
Smoove out! And heym y'all, make sure you gots fresh-smellin' junkification when you goin' out wit' yo' girl, chickie, or, dare Smoove even say, guy......Smoove definitely ain't down that way, NO WAY.....but if it trips y'all boat and gets that ol' tow motor risin'....who be Smoove to call y'all out?!?!

Votes for best ice cream around? Mine goes to Cherry Street in good ol Canal Fulton. I have not wandered over Almost Heaven yet, but I did hear they are pretty solid......
When I ride the towpath with the family, that's the spot to hit. Osers isn't bad. But, I think Pavs in Coventry takes this one.

Is Pub Bricco still there in the valley in Akron? Their buffalo chicken wontons and peppercorn ranch are to die for!

There's 25 weeks, less one day, left before the start of the 2024 High School Football Season on August 23rd. So ... with the help of the Ohio High School Football Database, I figured I'd go back and try to find out information on The Game of the Year in the PAC, for each of the last 25 years, and make one post a week, leading up to the season. We'll see if I can keep it up?

October 15th in 1999 is remembered for one thing in Northeast Ohio. The Indians fired Mike Hargrove. Front page news in The Beacon Journal. But page 68 is where you'll find the story on the 1999 GOTY in the PAC. Manchester (6-1, with a loss to Green) traveled to undefeated Tuslaw, as the Mustangs were looking for their first-ever win over the Panthers. As so often was the case back in those days, it was over before it even started. Here's a look back, courtesy of the ABJ. And check out the byline on this story. None other than current ESPN senior NBA writer Brian Windhorst, who took in the action in the heart of PACtion™ on that night, 25 seasons ago.

All right, old-timers. What do you remember for this game? This season? Or the week leading up to the big showdown?

1709409355500.png

There's 25 weeks, less one day, left before the start of the 2024 High School Football Season on August 23rd. So ... with the help of the Ohio High School Football Database, I figured I'd go back and try to find out information on The Game of the Year in the PAC, for each of the last 25 years, and make one post a week, leading up to the season. We'll see if I can keep it up?

October 15th in 1999 is remembered for one thing in Northeast Ohio. The Indians fired Mike Hargrove. Front page news in The Beacon Journal. But page 68 is where you'll find the story on the 1999 GOTY in the PAC. Manchester (6-1, with a loss to Green) traveled to undefeated Tuslaw, as the Mustangs were looking for their first-ever win over the Panthers. As so often was the case back in those days, it was over before it even started. Here's a look back, courtesy of the ABJ. And check out the byline on this story. None other than current ESPN senior NBA writer Brian Windhorst, who took in the action in the heart of PACtion™ on that night, 25 seasons ago.

All right, old-timers. What do you remember for this game? This season? Or the week leading up to the big showdown?

View attachment 55263
The thing that pops out of this for me is - Koach was an all-timer on the game quotes. 🤣

Also, 'Cuse, it both exhausts & amazes me to think of doing something for 25 consecutive weeks. Only thing I can guarantee I'll do each week between now and then is eat something I shouldn't and fall asleep somewhere other than my bed. Your ambition exhausts me. And very thankful for it!

View attachment 55263
I can't say much about this game....I was at the Lake vs Jackson game....that Lake lost 14 to 13...Jackson was coached by Phil Here Today Gone To Mauro and his star player was Jay Rohr...The Lake kicker missed a 22 yard field goal in the last minute to lose

Crunchwraps or NUTHIN', BSO....do not try to barter wit' Smoove, Smoove don't play 'dat! Unless it is a Concessionary Chickie..... :sneaky:
As for the character issuification, Smoove speakin' 'bout more than what AD and Super can sometime see. Smoove know that character is doin' the right thing when no one be watchifyin'....... Liek right now, Smoove should be doin' some laundry and cleanin' up my gotchies and stuff so they all fresh smellin' when Smoove take out his girl-slice tomorrow to the All-You-Can-Eat Pizza Buffet at Pizza Hut in Wooster.....but NOOO, Smoove up in herr 'splainin' the little thangs that make a coach a GREAT COACH........ Smoove ain't claimin' nuttin on Lake coach, Smoove likifies coach out therr, but seems like Lake lose some games they should not lose and it happen alot. Not necessarily last 2 years, 'cuz Smoove seent Lake play and they had some "Dudes", is what the terminilogical word is nowadays; Smoove just callifies them STUDS. Smoove have an inkling that many of these players just do not "buy" 100%-ification into what coach be sellin'. THAT all.
Smoove out! And heym y'all, make sure you gots fresh-smellin' junkification when you goin' out wit' yo' girl, chickie, or, dare Smoove even say, guy......Smoove definitely ain't down that way, NO WAY.....but if it trips y'all boat and gets that ol' tow motor risin'....who be Smoove to call y'all out?!?!
I want an Enchilada....now Smoove character is not what you are asking...you are a wondering fan...what would you say if I said that a player didn't make a play, or the wrong play was called, or if the other team made the play, then I point to games that Lake won...when a kid made the play, or the right play was called, or if the other team didn't make the play...then who is saying Lake is loosing games it should win and also winning games that they should lose....me thinks you are in the concession stand when you should be watching the game...lol

Was told tonight by a completely unreliable source that Dial to Tuslaw is a done deal just hasn't been announced.

While I'd love to believe it for what it would mean for the PAC, the same person told me "He's going to be terrible there. He's not that good of a coach, just look what happened in the championship game."

Steve Brule What GIF

Was told tonight by a completely unreliable source that Dial to Tuslaw is a done deal just hasn't been announced.

While I'd love to believe it for what it would mean for the PAC, the same person told me "He's going to be terrible there. He's not that good of a coach, just look what happened in the championship game."

Steve Brule What GIF
This man's dissent will not be tolerated at The New Slaw.

GHsdnqMWgAAR1Di.png

Last edited:

Steve Brule What GIF
Some people have all the answers, and they’re typically in the stands for some reason 🤷🏻‍♂️