#PACtion™ 2024

Screenshot_20240111-191214-505.png

Here it is PACtion....

He's (thank God) lasted longer than Greg Cook.

I hope he lasts as long as Boomer and Ken Anderson.

Jake Browning had a cool effect this year and a hot GF. I appreciate that.

PS, Ken Anderson is a champion with his charity work.

Guys, we have discussed this weeks ago. Gary Woods is out Snipe hunting and has vowed that he will not add an 8th member until he bags a 12 point Snipe!!! Or @Smoove Mooves sets him up with the concession hotties that get down like only Smooove gets down or @Rich Kotite sets him up with the babes of Kenyon Creek.
Maybe a snipe call will work!

But I did learn there is an actual snipe

Last edited:
Maybe a snipe call will work!

But I did learn there is an actual snipe

January. Prime snipe hunting season.

Gotta love Cheers.

Guys, we have discussed this weeks ago. Gary Woods is out Snipe hunting and has vowed that he will not add an 8th member until he bags a 12 point Snipe!!! Or @Smoove Mooves sets him up with the concession hotties that get down like only Smooove gets down or @Rich Kotite sets him up with the babes of Kenyon Creek.
Smoove must have not seent the post where Commissioner Woods just need to be fixified with a Concessionary Chickie....Smoove can make that happenate tonight, WORD! All Smoove's Concessionary Chickies get down, get all-around and the ylove Smoove and anyone with Smoove. Consider Coventry in the PACtion 'cuz it gonna go down this weekend! Calling Mr. Commissioner Woods, where you gonna be tonight? Smoove bringin' the Concessionary Chickies and the $$ for your All-You-Can-Eat Concessionary Buffet!!! WORD!

Broc Dial should apply for the West Holmes job. Bigger school and it could be perceived as a "step up."

Of course, if I ran The Slaw....or Orrville....I'd be thinking about him as my next coach.....

I am hearing this may have to do with not hiring any of his assistant coaches to teaching positions
You could be correct.

I do want to dispel a rumor going around Dalton and the surrounding area: Coach Dial did not yell "Nightmare Burgers and the Dari-Ette SUCKS" with a megaphone in the middle of downtown Dalton.

You could be correct.

I do want to dispel a rumor going around Dalton and the surrounding area: Coach Dial did not yell "Nightmare Burgers and the Dari-Ette SUCKS" with a megaphone in the middle of downtown Dalton.
Lol...no such thing....the Dari-Ette is an institution!

Morning Journal

Lorain County League considers expansion options​

The Clearview defense brings down Columbia's Marco Cirigliano just short of the goal line during the first quarter on Friday Oct 6

The Clearview defense brings down Columbia’s Marco Cirigliano just short of the goal line during the first quarter on Friday Oct 6
Author

By Mark Perez-Krywany | mperezkrywany@morningjournal.com
PUBLISHED: December 15, 2023 at 3:44 p.m. | UPDATED: December 15, 2023 at 3:45 p.m.

Lorain County League President Cathy Keener announced the league is in search for new teams to participate in the league.
Requirements include a school that is comparable size to member school, Brookside, Clearview, Columbia, Firelands, Keystone, Oberlin, Wellington and Black River.
“We are very excited about the direction of our league in its first five years of existence and are looking at the possibility of including additional schools in what have become one of the premier small-school leagues in the state of Ohio,” Keener said in a released statement. “We have a great group of coaches and administrators throughout the league and we continuously look to make it even better for our student-athletes.”

Rich did you see this^^^^^^^^^^^^....are you going to let Bowdil take these words sitting down.....lol

Morning Journal

The Clearview defense brings down Columbia's Marco Cirigliano just short of the goal line during the first quarter on Friday Oct 6's Marco Cirigliano just short of the goal line during the first quarter on Friday Oct 6

The Clearview defense brings down Columbia’s Marco Cirigliano just short of the goal line during the first quarter on Friday Oct 6
Author

PUBLISHED: December 15, 2023 at 3:44 p.m. | UPDATED: December 15, 2023 at 3:45 p.m.

Lorain County League President Cathy Keener announced the league is in search for new teams to participate in the league.
Requirements include a school that is comparable size to member school, Brookside, Clearview, Columbia, Firelands, Keystone, Oberlin, Wellington and Black River.
“We are very excited about the direction of our league in its first five years of existence and are looking at the possibility of including additional schools in what have become one of the premier small-school leagues in the state of Ohio,” Keener said in a released statement. “We have a great group of coaches and administrators throughout the league and we continuously look to make it even better for our student-athletes.”

Rich did you see this^^^^^^^^^^^^....are you going to let Bowdil take these words sitting down.....lol
Hmm, I could see them tryna pryificate Cloverleaf from the Metro.

College football recruiting | 'He's electric': Poochie Snyder signs with Sacred Heart​

Quarterback Poochie Snyder gave up waiting for bunches of college football offers, put a smile on his face, and signed with Sacred Heart.

The 2023 Ohio Mr. Football finalist, who led Canton South High School to the 2023 state semifinals, made it official after considering bids from Army and Eastern Kentucky. He cast his lot with Sacred Heart, an NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) program located in Fairfield, Connecticut.

Don't know much, or anything, about Sacred Heart?

It is 500 miles due east of Canton, 150 miles southwest of Boston, 50 miles northeast of Yankee Stadium, five miles from Long Island Sound, and near Jennings Beach, described by globalbeachreport.com as "a coastal gem, offering a beautiful and serene escape by the sea."

The 60-year-old Roman Catholic university is in Fairfield County, whose population in the 2020 census was 957,419.

The university website indicates the cost for tuition, room and board for the 2023-24 school year totals about $70,000. According to Canton South head coach Matt Dennison, Snyder is a priority recruit with a "zero scholarship," meaning all of those expenses, for him, will be paid.

Sacred Heart's football team went 2-9 in 2023 and 5-6 in 2022, but in 2021 the Pioneers were Northeast Conference champions with a 6-1 record. Duquesne won the conference title in 2023, ahead of Stonehill, Merrimack, Saint Francis, Long Island, Wagner, Sacred Heart and Central Connecticut.

Snyder was recruited to Sacred Heart by Mark Nofri, who has been the Pioneers' head coach since 2011 and won Northeast Conference titles in 2013, 2014, 2018, 2020 and 2021. Offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Matt Gardner has been on Nofri's staff the entire time.

Snyder said he is at peace with his signing.

"I was hoping for more offers, maybe from some FBS schools, but nothing ended up coming," Snyder told The Repository. "I visited both Eastern Illinois and Army.

Canton South quarterback Poochie Snyder runs the ball in the first quarter of a Division IV regional semifinal against West Branch at Louisville Leopard Stadium. Friday, Nov. 10, 2023.

"I took an official visit to Sacred Heart the first week December. I really enjoyed getting to know some of the staff and some of the players. It's a great fit overall."

Snyder set all-time Stark County passing records for yards and touchdowns as a four-year starter whose senior year brought four playoff wins and a 14-0 record, prior to a loss to Cleveland Glenville in the OHSAA Division IV state semifinals.

He said he and his father, a former Canton South quarterback also named Jack, have had many talks about adjusting to perhaps not playing in 2023, in the wake of nonstop football, basketball and baseball with the Wildcats.

"(Playing right away) is always the goal going in," Snyder said. "I think I have a chance to compete for the job, but I also know with my size and being a true freshman is going to make it hard.

"It is going to be odd if it becomes a scenario where I have to sit. But in all honesty I'm kind of excited for it, where you're a scout team quarterback and you have a year to develop and also retain that eligibility, learn the system and get adjusted to living eight hours away from home."

Snyder looked forward to the Cleveland-at-Houston NFL playoff game, featuring a young QB he has studied extensively, C.J. Stroud, and old pro Joe Flacco. One of Sacred Heart's early road trips in 2024 will be to Delaware, Flacco's alma mater.

Dennison sounds convinced Snyder will find his way to the field in college sooner rather than later.

"Poochie's the type of kid who, once you get him on campus and hang around him a couple weeks, you'll soon believe he's going to wind up playing," Dennison said.

"He's a good fit for college for a couple of reasons. One, he is the most accurate passer I've been around. He can spot a ball as well as anyone.

"With that, he's the fastest guy on the field. After the Glenville game their players and their coaches came up and said, 'Man, he's fast.'

"Poochie is better live than he is on film. I used to watch Ted Ginn. He didn't even look like he was going fast, but he'd be running away from everyone. He was just smooth. That's how Poochie is with his speed."

Snyder, 6 feet even, enters a college football land of 6-foot-4, 225-pound quarterbacks. He said he weighs about 180 pounds as he courses through South's basketball season. He aims to beef up to 195 pounds early on at Sacred Heart.

"He's a little slight, but he'll get stronger, and he has all the intangibles," Dennison said. "He's the hardest worker. He watches almost as much film as I do in-season. He knows the game but doesn't overthink the game. He has the 'it' factor. He's just a winner."

Mark Miller, who played quarterback for Bowling Green and was a third-round pick of the Browns, was a three-sport athlete at Canton South, as is Snyder.

"I know when I stopped playing three sports and concentrated on football, I got better by leaps and bounds," Miller said. "My arm got stronger. My feet got quicker.

"I think Poochie is going to get physically stronger. He's going to improve your locker room. He's a great teammate."

Canton South quarterback Poochie Snyder runs in for for a second half touchdown against Glennville during their Div. 4 OHSAA high school football playoff game at Wadsworth High School Friday, November 24, 2023.

Miller said some Mid-American Conference team would have done well to pursue Snyder.

"If he had gone to the MAC, would he have played as a freshman? Probably not," Miller said. "Would he play in his second year, as a redshirt freshman? I bet he'd be on the field."

Larry Kehres is an educated face in the large crowd of Stark County people who got a feel for Snyder during his Canton South run.

Canton South quarterback Poochie Snyder eludes a Glenville defender in a state semifinal, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023, in Wadsworth.

Kehres won 11 NCAA Division III championships at Mount Union. One of his former Mount Union players, Matt Campbell, coached surprise NFL star Brock Purdy, as head coach at Iowa State. Another of Kehres' Purple Raiders, Nick Sirianni, was in last year's Super Bowl as head coach of the Eagles.

Kehres is curious to see what Snyder does in college.

"He's electric," Kehres said. "There's everything to love about that kid.

"The No. 1 quality I look for in a quarterback is passing accuracy. Poochie certainly is skilled in that regard."

Reach Steve at steve.doerschuk@cantonrep.com

Hmm, I could see them tryna pryificate Cloverleaf from the Metro.
CoventryTrack,
Smoove LOVES this type of honorization for Smoove!! Smoove absolutiffly loves your concertilized effort to speak Smoovish..."pryificate" has a wonderful and syphonicalized tune to it, doncha'all think, my brothren?! SMoove actually hadified some wet tear ducts after seein' this.
Smoove gonna go be with Smoove's humblishness now, and just pontifimicate just a little with some of Smoove's hootch. Smoove couldn't get hold of Mr. Patron-Saint Commissioner-Extraordinaire Woods this evenin', so the Concessionary Chickies that Smoove had on the stringer for hookin' up with, they decidified to go to a movie instead of wantin' to hang with Smoove. I showered, y'all, I brushed the grill and cleaned out the cubic-zirconials in Smoove's grill, so Smoove don't know what it was, but thanks to Mr. Woods, Smoove is goin' Solo with a Solo tonight. Whiskey gonna be goot noi matter the time and date and place and companization, y'all, but Smoove was rilly lookinatin' forward to gettin' Loose with this one Concessionary Chickie. Oh, well, there is always tomorrow night to work the MAGIC!!
Smoove out!

CoventryTrack,
Smoove LOVES this type of honorization for Smoove!! Smoove absolutiffly loves your concertilized effort to speak Smoovish..."pryificate" has a wonderful and syphonicalized tune to it, doncha'all think, my brothren?! SMoove actually hadified some wet tear ducts after seein' this.
Smoove gonna go be with Smoove's humblishness now, and just pontifimicate just a little with some of Smoove's hootch. Smoove couldn't get hold of Mr. Patron-Saint Commissioner-Extraordinaire Woods this evenin', so the Concessionary Chickies that Smoove had on the stringer for hookin' up with, they decidified to go to a movie instead of wantin' to hang with Smoove. I showered, y'all, I brushed the grill and cleaned out the cubic-zirconials in Smoove's grill, so Smoove don't know what it was, but thanks to Mr. Woods, Smoove is goin' Solo with a Solo tonight. Whiskey gonna be goot noi matter the time and date and place and companization, y'all, but Smoove was rilly lookinatin' forward to gettin' Loose with this one Concessionary Chickie. Oh, well, there is always tomorrow night to work the MAGIC!!
Smoove out!

Yeah, they were a, either tryna seducify the refs, or B, tryna seducify the former Kenmore cossesionary dudes, and tryna get the secret recipe for the Kenmore Koney.

It is all part of the plan to make Coventry great again. Were gonna make tremendous deals with the refs, and get less penalties next season. Because last year, the penalties were ridiculous. It was rigdified, believe me. But that is not gonna go on any longer.

And then we are gonna make a tremendous deal, to bring the Kenmore Koney to Coventry. The Koventry Koney. Concessionary sales are gonna be bigly, believe me. We are going to start winning again. We are gonna start winning so hard, believe me, you are going to get tired of winning..

Then, we are going to buy up lakefront property, and then we are going to build a big beautiful bellstores, right on the lake. People can pull up to the bellstores in their boats. Time for the lakers to start paying their fair share.

And most importantly, we are going to make coventry great again, greater then ever before.

Yeah, they were a, either tryna seducify the refs, or B, tryna seducify the former Kenmore cossesionary dudes, and tryna get the secret recipe for the Kenmore Koney.

It is all part of the plan to make Coventry great again. Were gonna make tremendous deals with the refs, and get less penalties next season. Because last year, the penalties were ridiculous. It was rigdified, believe me. But that is not gonna go on any longer.

And then we are gonna make a tremendous deal, to bring the Kenmore Koney to Coventry. The Koventry Koney. Concessionary sales are gonna be bigly, believe me. We are going to start winning again. We are gonna start winning so hard, believe me, you are going to get tired of winning..

Then, we are going to buy up lakefront property, and then we are going to build a big beautiful bellstores, right on the lake. People can pull up to the bellstores in their boats. Time for the lakers to start paying their fair share.

And most importantly, we are going to make coventry great again, greater then ever before.
Hopefully more port a pots if actually the Kenmore coney comes to Coventry!!

College football recruiting | 'He's electric': Poochie Snyder signs with Sacred Heart​

Quarterback Poochie Snyder gave up waiting for bunches of college football offers, put a smile on his face, and signed with Sacred Heart.

The 2023 Ohio Mr. Football finalist, who led Canton South High School to the 2023 state semifinals, made it official after considering bids from Army and Eastern Kentucky. He cast his lot with Sacred Heart, an NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) program located in Fairfield, Connecticut.

Don't know much, or anything, about Sacred Heart?

It is 500 miles due east of Canton, 150 miles southwest of Boston, 50 miles northeast of Yankee Stadium, five miles from Long Island Sound, and near Jennings Beach, described by globalbeachreport.com as "a coastal gem, offering a beautiful and serene escape by the sea."

The 60-year-old Roman Catholic university is in Fairfield County, whose population in the 2020 census was 957,419.

The university website indicates the cost for tuition, room and board for the 2023-24 school year totals about $70,000. According to Canton South head coach Matt Dennison, Snyder is a priority recruit with a "zero scholarship," meaning all of those expenses, for him, will be paid.

Sacred Heart's football team went 2-9 in 2023 and 5-6 in 2022, but in 2021 the Pioneers were Northeast Conference champions with a 6-1 record. Duquesne won the conference title in 2023, ahead of Stonehill, Merrimack, Saint Francis, Long Island, Wagner, Sacred Heart and Central Connecticut.

Snyder was recruited to Sacred Heart by Mark Nofri, who has been the Pioneers' head coach since 2011 and won Northeast Conference titles in 2013, 2014, 2018, 2020 and 2021. Offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Matt Gardner has been on Nofri's staff the entire time.

Snyder said he is at peace with his signing.

"I was hoping for more offers, maybe from some FBS schools, but nothing ended up coming," Snyder told The Repository. "I visited both Eastern Illinois and Army.

Canton South quarterback Poochie Snyder runs the ball in the first quarter of a Division IV regional semifinal against West Branch at Louisville Leopard Stadium. Friday, Nov. 10, 2023.

"I took an official visit to Sacred Heart the first week December. I really enjoyed getting to know some of the staff and some of the players. It's a great fit overall."

Snyder set all-time Stark County passing records for yards and touchdowns as a four-year starter whose senior year brought four playoff wins and a 14-0 record, prior to a loss to Cleveland Glenville in the OHSAA Division IV state semifinals.

He said he and his father, a former Canton South quarterback also named Jack, have had many talks about adjusting to perhaps not playing in 2023, in the wake of nonstop football, basketball and baseball with the Wildcats.

"(Playing right away) is always the goal going in," Snyder said. "I think I have a chance to compete for the job, but I also know with my size and being a true freshman is going to make it hard.

"It is going to be odd if it becomes a scenario where I have to sit. But in all honesty I'm kind of excited for it, where you're a scout team quarterback and you have a year to develop and also retain that eligibility, learn the system and get adjusted to living eight hours away from home."

Snyder looked forward to the Cleveland-at-Houston NFL playoff game, featuring a young QB he has studied extensively, C.J. Stroud, and old pro Joe Flacco. One of Sacred Heart's early road trips in 2024 will be to Delaware, Flacco's alma mater.

Dennison sounds convinced Snyder will find his way to the field in college sooner rather than later.

"Poochie's the type of kid who, once you get him on campus and hang around him a couple weeks, you'll soon believe he's going to wind up playing," Dennison said.

"He's a good fit for college for a couple of reasons. One, he is the most accurate passer I've been around. He can spot a ball as well as anyone.

"With that, he's the fastest guy on the field. After the Glenville game their players and their coaches came up and said, 'Man, he's fast.'

"Poochie is better live than he is on film. I used to watch Ted Ginn. He didn't even look like he was going fast, but he'd be running away from everyone. He was just smooth. That's how Poochie is with his speed."

Snyder, 6 feet even, enters a college football land of 6-foot-4, 225-pound quarterbacks. He said he weighs about 180 pounds as he courses through South's basketball season. He aims to beef up to 195 pounds early on at Sacred Heart.

"He's a little slight, but he'll get stronger, and he has all the intangibles," Dennison said. "He's the hardest worker. He watches almost as much film as I do in-season. He knows the game but doesn't overthink the game. He has the 'it' factor. He's just a winner."

Mark Miller, who played quarterback for Bowling Green and was a third-round pick of the Browns, was a three-sport athlete at Canton South, as is Snyder.

"I know when I stopped playing three sports and concentrated on football, I got better by leaps and bounds," Miller said. "My arm got stronger. My feet got quicker.

"I think Poochie is going to get physically stronger. He's going to improve your locker room. He's a great teammate."

Canton South quarterback Poochie Snyder runs in for for a second half touchdown against Glennville during their Div. 4 OHSAA high school football playoff game at Wadsworth High School Friday, November 24, 2023.

Miller said some Mid-American Conference team would have done well to pursue Snyder.

"If he had gone to the MAC, would he have played as a freshman? Probably not," Miller said. "Would he play in his second year, as a redshirt freshman? I bet he'd be on the field."

Larry Kehres is an educated face in the large crowd of Stark County people who got a feel for Snyder during his Canton South run.

Canton South quarterback Poochie Snyder eludes a Glenville defender in a state semifinal, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023, in Wadsworth.

Kehres won 11 NCAA Division III championships at Mount Union. One of his former Mount Union players, Matt Campbell, coached surprise NFL star Brock Purdy, as head coach at Iowa State. Another of Kehres' Purple Raiders, Nick Sirianni, was in last year's Super Bowl as head coach of the Eagles.

Kehres is curious to see what Snyder does in college.

"He's electric," Kehres said. "There's everything to love about that kid.

"The No. 1 quality I look for in a quarterback is passing accuracy. Poochie certainly is skilled in that regard."

Reach Steve at steve.doerschuk@cantonrep.com
Sacred Heart is the alma mater of actor John Ratzenburger. All I got.

Morning Journal

The Clearview defense brings down Columbia's Marco Cirigliano just short of the goal line during the first quarter on Friday Oct 6's Marco Cirigliano just short of the goal line during the first quarter on Friday Oct 6

Author

This is the worst league in the state. Oberlin, Brookside, Wellington? Bad. Elyria Catholic just joined it last week. Vermillion thought about it. EC will rule for the next two decades collecting easy wins and computer points. Black River and Columbia's days are over. Those are about the only two decent teams historically in that league.

This is the worst league in the state. Oberlin, Brookside, Wellington? Bad. Elyria Catholic just joined it last week. Vermillion thought about it. EC will rule for the next two decades collecting easy wins and computer points. Black River and Columbia's days are over. Those are about the only two decent teams historically in that league.
That is what I thought about this league...I believe the PAC is an all around better league for the size of the schools

????

Elyria Catholic is part of the new North Coast Conference with CVCA, which starts play in all sports except football this August.

CTXCguy,
Smoove is startin' to rilly come 'round and enjoyify many of your commentations and postations on here! You is givin' Smoove some mad-props by givin' yo bestest on Smoovish.....and Smoove gots to asmittify that it is dang goot! Now Smoove ain't gonna say nothin' 'bout no refs last year rigdifyin' the games by throwin' those pee-pee colorized hankies on the gorund, 'cuz most of 'em was earnifyed by the Comets, it is truthfulnessation that Smoove have to bring ot tha table. As for the Kenmore Koney comin' to Coventry....Smoove would definitely be bangin' wit' dat! But it gots to be the Coventry Coney, with Cs and not Ks. The Koney with the K belongifies to the One and Only, "The Pickle"; gots to be one of the mostest famousest Yappsters ever. Smoove loved readifyin' that dude's conceptualizations. Smoove do agree it could definitely be used as a bigly impactification to the Coventry Concessionary Stand, and all the more peeps to go to the Concessionary Stand and see the chickies.
Lastily, BellStores on the Lakefront allowifyin' peeps to cruise up in they boats woudl be SICK!! Have Smoove mentionated that Smoove wants to borrow a boat? Smoove would be chill, Smoove would be under control completeified, and Smoove would most heinously be straight up with makin' the boat remainify clean. Smoove would clean up any umm, you know, "stuff", that might get sprayified and distributadified all over the seats, floor and steering cicle of the boat. Smoove just needifies it for a night, and Smoove will also needify a few of those orange floaty thingamajigs.....Smoove don't do water too good, so Smoove owuld need some of those floaty thingys fo sho!
As for the pot-a-pots, Smoove don't do the port-a-pots. Smoove gots to have some solid footing under Smoove's feet when Smoove doin' tha FILTHY. WHen those floorboards ain't the bestest when someone gettin' filthy in there. Gots to build nice, stay in place facilities for the peeps of Coventry to be able to makify Coventry start winnifyin' again.
Smoove OUT!

The newspaper up in Lorain County said EC just made application. I believe many in the LC8 are excited. I don't know if EC is then withdrawing from the newly formed conference?
https://www.morningjournal.com/2024/01/11/elyria-catholic-applies-to-join-lorain-county-league/
The North Coast Crown Conference can fix their dilemma with a call to CCC.

Black River may want to consider leaving the Lorain County League. 123 boys, D6, and with maybe Elyria Catholic coming in that's not gonna get easier. Who knows? Black River could be in the Firelands if New London goes 8-man. Lucas will vie for the Firelands, too.

Would Cloverleaf want in the LC League? Who knows?

Black River is one hour per Googs to Canton South as their farthest distance to a PACtion school. They have a prior league relationship with Triway and would be a school closer geography-wise to the Wayne County contingent of PACtion.