CVCA
Fairless
Triway
Chester
Northwest
Orville
Loudenville
Tuslaw

I think any of the top 4 is capable of beating each other. I have to give CVCA the advantage because the simply have the best player in Snider. He doesn't have the dogs up front that he had last year but he will wear teams out as the games go on. It was embarrassing watching the kids from Woodridge trying to dive at his legs last nights and just getting crushed by him. At some point this year the freshman Draylon Price is going to be on the field as well and good luck when he and Snider are on the field together.

CVCA goes to Manchester week 10, and as I stated earlier, that place is extremely tough to get a win if you are the visiting team.
How many yards did he have against Woodridge?
How many TDs?

Week 4 and into conference play we go.

CVCA @ Loudonville
NW @ Fairless
Manchester
@ Orville
Triway @ Tuslaw
Should be a chalk week for most but wouldn’t be surprised if Tuslaw got Triway. Titans struggled with Waynedale a bit even for their first game of year. And the Mustang pasture should be quite “deep”.

Manchester should beat Orrville, but don’t be surprised if that goes the other way. Both teams had tough non league, but Panthers played D6,4,6 and Orrville played D2,3,3. Doesn’t always make a difference but not being completely outsized & outclassed athletically can give a team confidence (if they didn’t lose too many guys already).

Fairless NEEDS to roll. If they play a bad NW close it’s going to mess with their psyche all year. They played a Great NW team tough last year, they ‘should’ be able to impose their will here.

CVCA- take bug spray. Going to be Galley Boy sized skeeters down there on the bank of the Mohican.

Last edited:
saying Manchester and Mogodore will both be in the playoffs is like saying ... " tomorrow will happen ? " if either of those two schools miss the playoffs then they've likely won 4 or less games ...

saying Manchester and Mogodore will both be in the playoffs is like saying ... " tomorrow will happen ? " if either of those two schools miss the playoffs then they've likely won 4 or less games ...
Prior to beating Moggy would have put Panthers over/under at 3.5

They should make it now and get rewarded with a trip to Kirtland, South Range or Bellaire as a result.

I thought all schools make the playoffs? If not, why leave off the bottom few at this point? Being a traditionalist when you actually had to be good to make the playoffs, I'm not a fan. Now when a school says "we made the playoffs 12 years in a row!" That kinda sucks. Obviously a few times the playoff system failed some teams (winton woods two years ago beating both D1 and D2 state champions and not making it, and I think Gibsongurg a few years ago was 10-0) but I still like the essence that you actually have to earn something. Makes league spoiler a thing as well. As it stands now, only CVCA and Fairless (until NW happens to them?) would make the playoffs in our league-Imo.

I thought all schools make the playoffs? If not, why leave off the bottom few at this point? Being a traditionalist when you actually had to be good to make the playoffs, I'm not a fan. Now when a school says "we made the playoffs 12 years in a row!" That kinda sucks. Obviously a few times the playoff system failed some teams (winton woods two years ago beating both D1 and D2 state champions and not making it, and I think Gibsongurg a few years ago was 10-0) but I still like the essence that you actually have to earn something. Makes league spoiler a thing as well. As it stands now, only CVCA and Fairless (until NW happens to them?) would make the playoffs in our league-Imo.
Top 16 schools per region are making the playoffs starting with this year. The OHSAA ramrodded that through in the spring.

Why leave off the bottom few? Because it would take an additional week to complete the playoffs which does a few things: 1) It means schools would potentially be playing 17 games if they make the state finals. It also means more teams would be playing 16 games, 15 games, 14 games, etc. 2) It pushes the season a week farther into December which means increased odds of running into crappy weather as well as encroaching farther upon the winter sports seasons. 3) If not pushing farther into December to play the state finals, the season is starting another week earlier in August. Do we really want to start mandatory practices on July 25, so that teams can still get the same amount of practice and time to schedule scrimmages that they have now? 4) The only other option would be to shorten the regular season, but that would deprive some schools of the revenue from home football games that they can't do without.

• Conference Game of the Year (Week 1 Edition): Northwest at Fairless.
  • Are the Falcons all they are billed to be? Or have they fattened up on inferior competition?
  • Can Northwest circle the wagons and bounce back?
The undercard
  • Manchester got a win and is now talking league championship. Do they take care of business against Orrville?
  • CVCA has allowed three points since week 1. Loudonville has scored just 12 since week 1. Do the trends continue?
  • Triway is at Tuslaw. Both looking to start a win streak and notch win number two.
The conference picture should be a bit more clear 31 hours from now.

#isitfridayyet

Fairless and Northwest was a very physical PAC 7 football game. Have to give the Indians credit they played hard to the very end. You can just tell they don't have the big play ability from a year ago. Didn't help matters that Mick and some other skill kids were out. Fairless was their own worst enemy and left some points out there. Northwest loaded the box to stop Cambell and for the most part they accomplished that. Only problem was the young Falcons quarterback was 21-25 for 300 and change. 14 of those receptions and over 250 yards were to one reciever. Great game plan by the Falcons staff on both sides of the ball. They play extremely hard and are very well coached, with really good overall team speed

Last edited:
If there's one thing I've learned with Manchester is you can never count them out. Their meat grinder will come near the end of the season, that will help them. We are only in the first week of conference play. Triway could make some noise and will get their opportunity immediately against CVCA. If Northwest can get healthy you never know, still think they are a very capable team. Week 6 when CVCA travels to fairless will be very interesting. Does anyone else in the conference have what it takes to knock off the Royals or Falcons..We shall see.

Will be difficult for a lower tier team like Manchester to beat either of those teams.
Congrats on the win, LO. Think we talked last week that by beating Moggy, your boys had a shot to win 4 in a row now. This was the 2nd of that. Playing a bad team with a backup qb - good chance to make everyone feel better. Go ahead and celebrate for awhile, you earned it.

I didn't forget our deal about the cookie either.

Top performers from this past weekend and a look forward to this weeks matchups.

Tuslaw @ NW
Fairless @ Orville
Loudonville @ Manchester
Triway @ CVCA

NW over Tuslaw but surprisingly not by much
Fairless running clock Orville by half time
Manchester big over Loudonville
Going with CVCA but wouldn't be surprised if Triway makes this close or pulls it out barely.

It's Skyline Chili week! Can someone please confirm the Skyline on the Steels Corners exit is open to inside dining? Wife and I stopped at Skyline in Polaris this past weekend after OSU game, and it was drive thru only. No thank you.

It's Skyline Chili week! Can someone please confirm the Skyline on the Steels Corners exit is open to inside dining? Wife and I stopped at Skyline in Polaris this past weekend after OSU game, and it was drive thru only. No thank you.
As one who lived in the Cincy area for nearly a decade in the 90s, I just never acquired the taste for Skyline. But I bring you good news. Just called the restaurant and they said, “we’ve been open since February 5th for inside …”

Have a great week, and safe travels up on Friday. Make sure to use Waze. Route 8 construction and traffic is unpredictable.

Edit: Definitely use Waze … and leave early. Looks like Brooks & Dunn are also at Blossom on Friday night, and Blossom traffic has been nothing short of terrible this summer.

CVCA/Triway....not even going to pretend I know who is winning this. Fairless running clock, Manchester running clock, Northwest by 21. Brody Pumneo of Fairless had the biggest night. 14 catches 278 yards 2 TD's

As one who lived in the Cincy area for nearly a decade in the 90s, I just never acquired the taste for Skyline. But I bring you good news. Just called the restaurant and they said, “we’ve been open since February 5th for inside …”

Have a great week, and safe travels up on Friday. Make sure to use Waze. Route 8 construction and traffic is unpredictable.

Edit: Definitely use Waze … and leave early. Looks like Brooks & Dunn are also at Blossom on Friday night, and Blossom traffic has been nothing short of terrible this summer.
That is NOT good news. The back way to CVCA & the drive down Rte 3 to Loudonville are the 2 nicest trips in the PAC.

Congrats on the win, LO. Think we talked last week that by beating Moggy, your boys had a shot to win 4 in a row now. This was the 2nd of that. Playing a bad team with a backup qb - good chance to make everyone feel better. Go ahead and celebrate for awhile, you earned it.

I didn't forget our deal about the cookie either.
I’ve been reading these comments for a while , what happened to you ? Did the France boys bully you? LOL