PAC - 7 Football

Listening to part of the game on the internet, it sounded like old-fashioned smashmouth Manchester football. That win was huge.

Manchester beats Mogadore 28-14.
Pulling some crow outta the freezer on this on to eat for breakfast. Wow, nice win Panthers!

Another positive on this game, should quiet down some of those Moggy fans who think they should be in the PAC. If a bottom tier team can do this to them…

Pulling some crow outta the freezer on this on to eat for breakfast. Wow, nice win Panthers!

Another positive on this game, should quiet down some of those Moggy fans who think they should be in the PAC. If a bottom tier team can do this to them…
Bottom Tier? This guy is a slow learner

Great win for Manchester but let's not act like Mogador didn't bench their best player tonight. Still great job Panthers.

Congrats on the win. Didn’t think they had it in them. This might be first of 4 in a row for them.

If they’re a top 4 team in league at end of the season I’ll leave a $1 at the Subway on 93 so you can get a cookie.
No team in the PAC has a chance if they remain healthy. Save your thoughts and your posts....you weren't the only one so not calling you out exclusively.

Will anyone seriously challenge CVCA the rest of the way until the playoffs? It seems like the one really good team on their schedule they were competitive with. They seem to be a few notches above everyone else including tomorrow’s last non league game.
?

No team in the PAC has a chance if they remain healthy. Save your thoughts and your posts....you weren't the only one so not calling you out exclusively.
You understand that's EXACTLY what this thread/forum/website is all about . . . right?

And feel free to call me out. Just like I'll mention you had 1 post on the forum prior to Manchester's first win and a bunch as soon as they won their first game. Not sure if they call that frontrunneritis or delusions of grandeur , but I'm pretty sure you have a nasty case of it.

Anyone from Northwest on here still? 1-2 with trip to Fairless this week that could put them outside top 16 in their region. Wow.

You understand that's EXACTLY what this thread/forum/website is all about . . . right?

And feel free to call me out. Just like I'll mention you had 1 post on the forum prior to Manchester's first win and a bunch as soon as they won their first game. Not sure if they call that frontrunneritis or delusions of grandeur , but I'm pretty sure you have a nasty case of it.
You are correct and you do tell it like it is. I just was tired of the Manchester bashing and frankly didn't understand it. It wasn't just you. They do have a very good chance to win this.

Anyone from Northwest on here still? 1-2 with trip to Fairless this week that could put them outside top 16 in their region. Wow.
[/QUOTE
Northwest is definitely in rebuild mode. They don't have the personnel to defend both the run and the pass. It's one or the other. Norton killed them with the run; South with the pass. Offense doesn't have the big play firepower it did last year, either. Fairless looks like a bad matchup for NW.

You are correct and you do tell it like it is. I just was tired of the Manchester bashing and frankly didn't understand it. It wasn't just you. They do have a very good chance to win this.

No they still are not a good football team. One win doesn't magically make all the bad football they have played the last year just disappear. No matter how bad Manchester is (which isn't very often) It is EXTREMLY difficult to go into that stadium and come away with a win. I heard that they had a meeting a Koach let them have it and told them to get back to traditional Manchester football. Which we all know means lining if in the T and running lead and counter on occasion. Its what worked for 40 years down there and they got away from it. They went back to it and boom, they win. The T does a few things that most teams aren't used to. It turns the game into a fight in a phone booth and is a clock killer. Teams give up a score and they look up at the clock and realize that 10 minutes are off the game clock. Don't take what I said wrong. If they stay true to what they are they will beat some teams.

Last edited:
From the ABJ:

"It's really hard to assess this early in the year who's good and who's not," he said. "I have not been pleased with our performance and preparation so far. It's an issue that is going to be addressed (Saturday) morning. Something has to change."

Do they circle the wagons this week? Even if they do, Fairless seems to be firing on all cylinders.

And how about Poochie Snyder? Easily makes it on the all-name team. And just a sophomore too. Canton South has it rolling and seems poised to make noise in the conference once they enter next year.

Northwest can't win consistently with below average play at the QB position ...
Their problems go way beyond QB play. Defense is incredibly soft. Playcalling is questionable given the personnel. They don't have near the talent they've had at receiver the past few years. They really should be relying almost solely on the short pass and the run with that line and the athleticism they have at QB, slot, and RB.

Now that we are heading into conference play, where do we rank these teams 1-8. Fairless is a tough to read because I'm not certain how good Sandy Valley is. Manchester had a terrible loss to Black River. CVCA is in the mix but doesn't look great either. Perhaps Triway emerges.

Now that we are heading into conference play, where do we rank these teams 1-8. Fairless is a tough to read because I'm not certain how good Sandy Valley is. Manchester had a terrible loss to Black River. CVCA is in the mix but doesn't look great either. Perhaps Triway emerges.

I believe it will go

CVCA
Fairless
Triway
Chester
Northwest
Orville
Loudenville
Tuslaw

I think any of the top 4 is capable of beating each other. I have to give CVCA the advantage because the simply have the best player in Snider. He doesn't have the dogs up front that he had last year but he will wear teams out as the games go on. It was embarrassing watching the kids from Woodridge trying to dive at his legs last nights and just getting crushed by him. At some point this year the freshman Draylon Price is going to be on the field as well and good luck when he and Snider are on the field together.

CVCA goes to Manchester week 10, and as I stated earlier, that place is extremely tough to get a win if you are the visiting team.

CVCA
Fairless
NW
Manchester
Triway
Tuslaw
Orrville
Loudonville

CVCA
Fairless
NW
Manchester
Triway
Tuslaw
Orrville
Loudonville
CVCA- clear leader
Fairless- always have those few bad games? Different this year?
Manchester- impressive win. They historIcally get stronger as the season progressed. Buy new leadership needed help from old Koach to get one win
Triway- I'm in the dark in them honestly. Not sure.
Northwest- good athletes, but same old northwest. Last year was their chance and just fell short.
Loudonville- league wise they will be bottom half. Playoffs they benefit from being in this keague- or so it has bore out historically
Tuslaw- nope
Orrville- will give Manchester some noise, but then fold the rest of the way. I can't believe I'm saying that.

It's my understanding the N.W. and South game was very close midway through the third. What exactly lead to the blowout win by the Wildcats?

Really hoping CVCA @ Manchester for the PAC week 10. I think Fairless is the only team that could interfere with that.
That is possible, considering how down the league appears to be right now. That said, the Panthers are 1-2 for a reason. Those other teams watch film too. You either have to be strong enough to do the same thing week after week (Snider at CVCA) or flexible enough to adapt your scheme to other teams weaknesses.