PAC - 7 Football

panther fans better soak this in /// its going to be a long time before they see this kinda team again ... .500 next year could put Coach Trophy in line for COY honors ... junior, sophomore , and Freshman classes are weak at best ... and with Canton South entering the picture in 2022/2023 they will dominate the PAC !

panther fans better soak this in /// its going to be a long time before they see this kinda team again ... .500 next year could put Coach Trophy in line for COY honors ... junior, sophomore , and Freshman classes are weak at best ... and with Canton South entering the picture in 2022/2023 they will dominate the PAC !
JV is 5-2 just like the varsity

As long as someone, anyone, takes them down right?

Was looking something else up on Joe Eitel and noticed what we all thought was true is definitely true - PAC, while fun week to week, is not very good this year.

By record:
Fairless, 7-0, 5th in R13 (two teams w/ 2 loses ahead of them)
Manchester, 5-2, 7th in R17
Triway, 4-1, 11th in R14
NW, 4-3, 14th in R13
CVCA, 3-4, 17th in R13

With the new system, we could see 4-5 PAC teams in the playoffs. The problem is 2-3 of them will be making road trips to places like Ursuline & Kirtland in the first round. In the old 8 team system we'd be looking at the first place league team not getting a home game & 2nd place team barely making the playoffs.

Also, for those "Canton South will change it all" folks - they're 5-2 & currently 8th in R13.

Nothing really matters until games are played, but for the 2 teams who will likely win the league to get 1 or 0 home playoff games . . . that's not great. Some teams just didn't win the games they had scheduled (CVCA, Orrville, NW) others schedule like Bama the week before the Auburn game (Fairless is still playing Claymont & Tusky Valley? Really?)

Listened to the Manchester/Triway game on the radio for about 15 mins early in the 1st half. Manchester I believe in the span of about 5 mins game clock scored on a long drive, returned a blocked punt for a TD, and got an INT inside the Triway 20 which resulted in a TD. The game got out of hand in the blink of an eye - I don't think the score was indicative of what that game could have been. Credit to Manchester for sure, and they were the better team on Friday - just think it would have been at least a close game had not for that stretch in the 1st half.

Still interested to see the final 3 games though, still a meat grinder IMO.....

This week most likely decides who the league goes to though some possibilities remain. Manchester v Fairless and Northwest v Triway.
I watch he Triway/Manchester game. I was surprised at Manchester's athleticism and toughness. If Fairless can match that, what a game that should be. One of them will climb the standings in their regions. Northwest and Triway should be another excellent game. The Indians need to step up the defense a bit but they could win. I give the edge to Triway however. At least two teams need to get out of the league with home playoff games. That's my goal for them!

I have absolutely nothing against Fairless - but I am really hoping Manchester knocks them off this week. Hear me out....

If Manchester beats Fairless, and Northwest beats Triway......Next weeks Northwest at Manchester would be for either the outright league title for Manchester or a 3 way split if Northwest would somehow win.....For a game between two schools that don't particularly care for each other to have that additional meaning....

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

I have absolutely nothing against Fairless - but I am really hoping Manchester knocks them off this week. Hear me out....

If Manchester beats Fairless, and Northwest beats Triway......Next weeks Northwest at Manchester would be for either the outright league title for Manchester or a 3 way split if Northwest would somehow win.....For a game between two schools that don't particularly care for each other to have that additional meaning....
Cheering for mass chaos? You sicko!

Truthfully, regardless of their place in the standings I think NW would love to beat the Panthers. Of course, they'll likely never top the 2018 season where, despite ending the year a 5-5 team, they upset Panthers 14-12 at Smilek Stadium and then hosted the Panthers in the playoffs when Orrville put a running clock on them in the Regional Finals. Two loses at Northwest in one year.

Of course Koach came back the next season and dropped a 39-0 "goodbye" card to the Indians in his final season.

In other rivalry news - Triway suddenly went from "not too shabby" to "oh crap" when looking at their schedule to finish the year. Northwest then Fairless could have them going into finale @ Orrville having to win to stay above .500 & save a playoff spot.

Last week Tuslaw notched their 2nd highest offensive output & 3rd lowest defensive output of the season. And lost. Loudonville averaging over 20 the last few games (giving up 33ish on the season) means there might be some offensive sparks on the Mustang pasture.

Was looking something else up on Joe Eitel and noticed what we all thought was true is definitely true - PAC, while fun week to week, is not very good this year.

By record:
Fairless, 7-0, 5th in R13 (two teams w/ 2 loses ahead of them)
Manchester, 5-2, 7th in R17
Triway, 4-1, 11th in R14
NW, 4-3, 14th in R13
CVCA, 3-4, 17th in R13

With the new system, we could see 4-5 PAC teams in the playoffs. The problem is 2-3 of them will be making road trips to places like Ursuline & Kirtland in the first round. In the old 8 team system we'd be looking at the first place league team not getting a home game & 2nd place team barely making the playoffs.

Also, for those "Canton South will change it all" folks - they're 5-2 & currently 8th in R13.

Nothing really matters until games are played, but for the 2 teams who will likely win the league to get 1 or 0 home playoff games . . . that's not great. Some teams just didn't win the games they had scheduled (CVCA, Orrville, NW) others schedule like Bama the week before the Auburn game (Fairless is still playing Claymont & Tusky Valley? Really?)
You know it's funny. It wasn't that long ago that Tusky Valley looked at Fairless week as an almost certain W. The Trojans dominated the series for a period of time and now the tables have flipped as the Falcons have won 6 in a row and 8 of the last 9. Tusky Valley still leads the all-time series 23-20 though.

Those two schools are neighboring districts and the attendance is usually pretty strong at those games so I'm not sure that game is going anywhere any time soon.

You know it's funny. It wasn't that long ago that Tusky Valley looked at Fairless week as an almost certain W. The Trojans dominated the series for a period of time and now the tables have flipped as the Falcons have won 6 in a row and 8 of the last 9. Tusky Valley still leads the all-time series 23-20 though.

Those two schools are neighboring districts and the attendance is usually pretty strong at those games so I'm not sure that game is going anywhere any time soon.
Completely get the neighboring rivalry. I know Triway does the same thing with Waynedale. Ensuring good gate receipts is important but Fairless will have to decide if they plan on staying good or if this is a blip. To be 1 of 2 undefeateds in their region & be a 5 seed…that’s not great. That means in a 7-3 year they’ll barely make the playoffs even with 16 teams per region.

Completely get the neighboring rivalry. I know Triway does the same thing with Waynedale. Ensuring good gate receipts is important but Fairless will have to decide if they plan on staying good or if this is a blip. To be 1 of 2 undefeateds in their region & be a 5 seed…that’s not great. That means in a 7-3 year they’ll barely make the playoffs even with 16 teams per region.
A couple of thoughts. First, I would think of the three non conference games Fairless played this year Claymont would be the most likely to be dropped. The Falcons have pretty significant history with both Sandy Valley and Tusky Valley so I would imagine they would keep both of those games.

The other thing I see when it comes to computer points is a mistake I see a lot of teams make. Fairless plays 3 IVC South teams. Well those teams will all play each other and you are guaranteed one will lose. You are reducing the opportunity to get second level points.

Tusky Valley also plays Tuslaw (another game where one of your opponents is guaranteed to lose) so that doesn't help.

Ideally (if you are really worried about second level points) you would play teams from 3 different leagues (WCL, IVC and EBC maybe) that don't play each other and you have a chance for all of you non conference victories to get second level points each week.

I'm not sure that is as big of a deal with 16 teams as it was with 8 and I'm not sure the value of those second level points outweigh the gates but it's always something interesting that I see in scheduling.

Cheering for mass chaos? You sicko!

Truthfully, regardless of their place in the standings I think NW would love to beat the Panthers. Of course, they'll likely never top the 2018 season where, despite ending the year a 5-5 team, they upset Panthers 14-12 at Smilek Stadium and then hosted the Panthers in the playoffs when Orrville put a running clock on them in the Regional Finals. Two loses at Northwest in one year.

Of course Koach came back the next season and dropped a 39-0 "goodbye" card to the Indians in his final season.

In other rivalry news - Triway suddenly went from "not too shabby" to "oh crap" when looking at their schedule to finish the year. Northwest then Fairless could have them going into finale @ Orrville having to win to stay above .500 & save a playoff spot.

Last week Tuslaw notched their 2nd highest offensive output & 3rd lowest defensive output of the season. And lost. Loudonville averaging over 20 the last few games (giving up 33ish on the season) means there might be some offensive sparks on the Mustang pasture.
Are you trying to be nice and not refer to this as the infamous "Ahiga Donut"? ??

That line is Raylan Givens all time best work.

Are you trying to be nice and not refer to this as the infamous "Ahiga Donut"? ??

That line is Raylan Givens all time best work.
1. Yes, I purposely avoided resurrecting that line.
2. Seems to be less of a NW presences on here lately so I'm guessing most of the offended parties were parents
3. Thanks for Michael Corleoning me on this one . . .
1633640988515.png

1. Yes, I purposely avoided resurrecting that line.
2. Seems to be less of a NW presences on here lately so I'm guessing most of the offended parties were parents
3. Thanks for Michael Corleoning me on this one . . .
View attachment 22061
To be fair. The term “Ahiga” was brought in by the head coach at that time, who recently passed away. So I’m pretty sure the NW community could care less about that. But whatever makes you guys feel good.
Back to football, good luck to the top 4 teams this week. Should be some good football. Hopefully

To be fair. The term “Ahiga” was brought in by the head coach at that time, who recently passed away. So I’m pretty sure the NW community could care less about that. But whatever makes you guys feel good.
Back to football, good luck to the top 4 teams this week. Should be some good football. Hopefully
And just like that the Ahiga ? has worked it's magic.

Please do not imply that I said anything negative about Coach Harbour. That guy was a “Dude”. He earned my respect with what he did at Norwayne & when he came back to coaching at NW I figured he’d be a 25 year guy there.

That he felt compelled to resign before 2020 season confirmed a lot of the rumors I’d heard about that ”NW community.” Y’all had a really special guy leading your kids and, for whatever reason, let him walk out the door.

I have no idea why he’d leave at that point, but it makes me think back to what an old boss of mine said - “when good people don’t want to be a part of your team, that’s on you, not them.”

As a CasualFan of the NW district (athank you :ROFLMAO:) - Coach Harbour was a good dude, and a good coach by all accounts. TBH, it wasn't working out all that great at NW, combing not as much winning as hoped for with some kid/parent drama stuff....no surprise he had enough and decided to leave the program.

I also don't think poking fun at the AHIGA slogan is being disrespectful to him - If anything its honoring him! That slogan is full-on part of this rivalry, the fact that it helps create a "no love lost" situation between the players (and the parents/fans lol) is kind of what makes it great!

RIP Joe!