PAC 2023

When is CVCA supposed to leave the PAC-7? I think they would be the best bet for the Metro Conference. If they would replace a team, Cloverleaf has to be the odd team out travel-wise.

Yes, you can ask that. Absolutely you can. But I think you might find a better way to spend your time - like looking for a different school for your kid(s) to go to. Figure that has to be why you are so butt-hurt about this decision. Otherwise…we’ll, it would be weird. Really weird.
Again. No one answered any question or point with some form of logical response yet. I have way more reason to be upset over such a brash/wrong decision.

I am willing to listen and talk about scheme, x's and o's, coaching decisions, and culture. Whatever, a week since the decision basically and the players have no one around them that has made them better in anyway. If anything the retread (think it's cool to be on the sideline) coaches are lurking around this program more and more.

Again. No one answered any question or point with some form of logical response yet. I have way more reason to be upset over such a brash/wrong decision.

I am willing to listen and talk about scheme, x's and o's, coaching decisions, and culture. Whatever, a week since the decision basically and the players have no one around them that has made them better in anyway. If anything the retread (think it's cool to be on the sideline) coaches are lurking around this program more and more.
Dude, I love off season football talk, but it’s obvious nothing will change your mind.

My suggestion- call the AD or principal tomorrow and ask about such an unqualified candidate got hired. They are the only ones who can answer that question. I doubt anyone on here can shed any light on the background.

(Not sure I’ve ever seen the fan base of a winless program so upset about a coaching hire. Yikes!)

You do realize that's not why you hire a coach right?? You want someone who is invested in that community/kids and wants to be there through thick and thin. A D 5 school looking for a coach who plans on staying there? Look at the schools of Stark County..the longest consecutive running coach is 10 years...you have two other coaches that have enormous experience...one at GlenOak stepped away and then came back...one at Northwest who has a tremendous amount of experience...who your coach got to work and learn from...besides his dad.

Also, he's done well at other places? Then why is he leaving?? Again the word is "underutilized" coming from Northwest AKA doesn't have much say. How well do you know John Demarco and have you ever worked with him? One of the youngest coaching staffs in the area...there is no way underutilized.

You people are completely blinded and don't realize what really went down here. This was a debacle from the start and agendas got in the way what was truly best for those kids, school, and community. Mess!!

Last edited:
Again going from place to place really shows loyalty. Jumping place to place when things get tough and trying to follow already existing talent. He's been a lot of places and never had more than a "co-offensive" coordinator role. The track record is just hard to follow because there is none. Speaking from experience those former teams have had a ton of talent all over but never struck fear in anyone physically. Soft

You're only as good as the people you are going to put around you and your program. He doesn't have that staff either.
Lake, Massillon, Green...soft?

"You're only as good as the people you are going to put around you and your program. He doesn't have that staff either." Lets see a D 5 school...how many teaching positions do you have available to hire a football coaching staff? Plus do you think...just maybe his dad will be available to help him win?

I'm not affiliated with any schools in the conference. Friends with lots of folks who work in league schools though. My point was that Fairless led the charge to get CVCA out of the conference & Tuslaw, well we all saw how Tuslaw admin felt about competition in dropping the Dalton game.

I'm not admonishing those entire districts (and apologies if it came across that way). But those 2 administrations drop a 50+ year old back yard rivalry with a smaller school & lead the charge to kick out CVCA. Reminds me of the country lyric "if you look and listen close enough, a man will tell you who he is"
Hmm....do they play this before or after Ring of Fire?

Stitz- this, for me, is the best/ most accurate post you’ve ever made. Until the participants of The Blue Cup hit puberty & their boy parts drop, the PAC is very likely to vote scared on who they let in.
2022-01-19.jpg

The boys down at The Elms clubhouse in the vast western Massillon suburbs are 70 years past puberty. Right now they heard some scuttlebutt about social security cuts coming out of Congress and they're hoppin' mad. Adding schools to the PAC is low on the priority list for this old guard of the Mustangs (and Tigers).

Getting rid of CVCA did not make sense for the strength of the league. This is not about the senseless whims of the league members who are afraid of competition. Adding CCC makes competitive sense. Adding Mogadore makes competitive sense. Because some schools are afraid of competition does not change that.
Not wanting to affiliate with private schools does not equal scared of competition.

Not wanting to affiliate with private schools does not equal scared of competition.
No, but dropping Dalton sure sounds like being scared of competition. And telling CVCA "you guys are good in every sport" & "you keep winning the all sports trophy" does as well.

BTW - you don't have to believe those quotes, but ask someone who sat in the league meetings last fall before the move was announced. If they're honest they'll tell you who said it. Cue the Johnny Cash . . .

No, but dropping Dalton sure sounds like being scared of competition.

Because only The Bleu Cup matters. There shall be no other rivalry ever. Ever. Dalton? Pffffft. The ladies in those minivans with those horseshoe static stickers in the back window believe in The Bleu Cup and so should you!

And telling CVCA "you guys are good in every sport" & "you keep winning the all sports trophy" does as well.

I have no problem being at 7 schools but at this point what was the point of asking CVCA to leave other than to water down the league? I realize CVCA is a fine Christian school and the language around Koach's fence was spicier than a coney dog at Rusty Railz Tavern which might have offended CVCA but we coulda kept them around.

Because only The Bleu Cup matters. There shall be no other rivalry ever. Ever. Dalton? Pffffft. The ladies in those minivans with those horseshoe static stickers in the back window believe in The Bleu Cup and so should you!

I have no problem being at 7 schools but at this point what was the point of asking CVCA to leave other than to water down the league? I realize CVCA is a fine Christian school and the language around Koach's fence was spicier than a coney dog at Rusty Railz Tavern which might have offended CVCA but we coulda kept them around.

Great place. That's actually in Northwest Indian Territory.

FYI - Mick's Fencing from New Franklin now has a fence installation special. Buy one Koach France Fan Profanity Fence, get the second Pappas Soundproof fence at 80% off!

What sort of offense and defense??? He's never ran one before... unless you include the pick and roll/flex offense and a 2-3 zone on D.

Very much so. Don't throw square pegs into round holes, but it's different overseeing all of for the first time. There is no proven track record of it. Ontop of running an off-season, which is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.
Coaches have preferences and histories. I'm sure it was discussed in interviews with administrators and the community members who were involved.

Getting rid of CVCA did not make sense for the strength of the league. This is not about the senseless whims of the league members who are afraid of competition. Adding CCC makes competitive sense. Adding Mogadore makes competitive sense. Because some schools are afraid of competition does not change that.
Something on which I can agree with you! I've been in the minority, but I've advocated for years for adding Canton Central Catholic to the PAC. I've also recently thought it would make a lot of sense to add Mogadore, if that opportunity presented itself. League strength would automatically improve with the addition of either or both schools.

Can I ask why he is respected but has been multiple places and never held a coordinator position or called plays?
Also, so we'll respected he has multiple people lined up to coach with him?? Oh, correct he does not.
I am sorry but you just sound like a scorned lover … I am sorry your friend didn’t get the job … that is the way to goes sometimes … very good candidates don’t always get the job … for a multitude of good reasons.

Second, past resume is only part of the hiring process … as a former head coach and AD … calling plays is way down the list of importance for being a good head coach … the absolute worst hire in my life was when I was fooled by a great resume … he was the OC for a 3 time state champion … could call plays … knew his x‘s and o‘s … but zero communication skills … I remember people saying the same thing about Mike Tomlin (about a weak resume) when the Steelers hired him … turns out people skills are quite important in coaching … from what I hear Stacy is fairly good at this … give him a chance.

Third, not having a coaching staff lined up a week after being hire is pretty common for a new coach … this not the NFL or college … this was the hardest part for me when getting hired … especially at a smaller school with not many teaching openings.

Something on which I can agree with you! I've been in the minority, but I've advocated for years for adding Canton Central Catholic to the PAC. I've also recently thought it would make a lot of sense to add Mogadore, if that opportunity presented itself. League strength would automatically improve with the addition of either or both schools.
For me CCC is the answer. I know they’re private but the “you’re getting too big” issue some have w/ CVCA is not a concern w/ CCC (The campus limits that). They also likely be the smallest school in the league on a regular basis so that could diminish the big bad parochial school spectre

Mogadore would be great for football but not sure the appeal for the rest of the sports exceeds the impact of travel.

We here all love football but these administrators have to balance the books and diesel prices aren’t going down anytime soon. Don’t be surprised if thy end up going with the easiest(aka- cheapest) option.

I am sorry but you just sound like a scorned lover … I am sorry your friend didn’t get the job … that is the way to goes sometimes … very good candidates don’t always get the job … for a multitude of good reasons.

Second, past resume is only part of the hiring process … as a former head coach and AD … calling plays is way down the list of importance for being a good head coach … the absolute worst hire in my life was when I was fooled by a great resume … he was the OC for a 3 time state champion … could call plays … knew his x‘s and o‘s … but zero communication skills … I remember people saying the same thing about Mike Tomlin (about a weak resume) when the Steelers hired him … turns out people skills are quite important in coaching … from what I hear Stacy is fairly good at this … give him a chance.

Third, not having a coaching staff lined up a week after being hire is pretty common for a new coach … this not the NFL or college … this was the hardest part for me when getting hired … especially at a smaller school with not many teaching openings.
Thank you for your contribution & perspective. That was great.

Now please go away! This thread is for folks to act like morons & to allow the rest of us to mock them!!😂

Last edited:
Interesting to see Bohley step down at Chippewa. Sorry, I know this is a Manchester thread but he was a popular topic here...

I think this is what people were referring to when they mentioned that he should probably have been the choice. Read the tweet above and they’ll be some perspective there. Again, good luck to the new staff and the Panthers moving forward.

I think this is what people were referring to when they mentioned that he should probably have been the choice. Read the tweet above and they’ll be some perspective there. Again, good luck to the new staff and the Panthers moving forward.
10 years and 5.5 wins per season, not exactly a crazy resume. I know Chippewa had traditionally been pretty bad but they haven't had a winning season since 2018 and they're not exactly playing the giants of the area. They had a great three year run there during his tenure but outside of that they have been completely average the last half of the decade

You can spin the stats however you’d like, but that tweet was from WQKT and 50 years is 50 years. Spin the hire however you see fit, but you wonder why Manchester people are upset. Furthermore, outside of the last 2-3 years, the WCAL top half has been better than the PAC.

You can spin the stats however you’d like, but that tweet was from WQKT and 50 years is 50 years. Spin the hire however you see fit, but you wonder why Manchester people are upset. Furthermore, outside of the last 2-3 years, the WCAL top half has been better than the PAC.
You don't really believe that, do you? I'll give you the year Norwayne won state (they beat Orrville in playoffs before they were in the PAC), but beyond that? Norwayne & Dalton have been the class of the WCAL for 10-15 years. Some of those Norwayne teams would have competed for & maybe won the PAC, but beyond that...nah.