PAC 2023

Attachments

• f6yniz45b0351.jpg
    f6yniz45b0351.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 38
Has anybody else gone back to the first page and looked at the variety of folk who helped kick off this epic thread? The following 12 accounts accounted for nearly all of the first 19 posts:

clarkgriswold
Struthersfan
Raider#23
BelowTheLine
sug00
305NoTomato
footballfan22
thisisinsane
serpico
Grepneff4545Bubba
sheldoncooper
akron1
Such an honor to be mentioned in the same breathe as other Paction greats …

This absolutely cannot happen.

And not for our glory, but for all the peekers out there. Those souls whose lives are so devoid of meaning they come here to watch us interact like those boys from Angel Beach HS did thru that hole so many years ago…
The true glory in this thread has been something so majestic, so meaningful, and just everything good in the world:

1701187020330.png

Thank you and sarcasm noted. 😂

I've been in California all week on "bidness" and that travel there and back kicked my keister.

I just want to say to my fellow Buckeyes...we tend to think everything in California is bad...there's a lot of good out there. It's complicated in California.

I hate flying but I don't have the power of John Madden to charter a bus for travel everywhere.

I'll just say, no offense to my alma mater, but Tuslaw should have never happened.

Do you Orrville fans know Tuslaw used Orrville as its home stadium in the early 60s when the school district was first created?

I'll always have a soft spot for Orrville.

Anyways, @Maxie knows a lot about how Tuscarawas Township slipped away from Massillon City Schools in 1958 and Canal Fulton could have had the Lawrence Township scoop of the Slaw but declined it on a 3-2 vote of the (then) Canal Fulton School Board in the 50's.

My gut feeling tells me no neighboring school district wanted the Bowdil rowdies. Most of The Slaw is pretty tame but Bowdil is another version of Rogue's Hollow.

Tuslaw is one example out of 612 Ohio school districts that probably shouldn't have happened and/or should be merged again.

It's the adults that are the hurdle with this.

The smart play is to merge administrations but keep the high schools and the sports teams.

I know Orrville and my beloved Rittman merged some admin and so did Fairless and TV. I know Fairless and TV merged their school treasurer and/or financial number cruncher positions.

I did a merged advanced math and calculus class with Northwest students back in my day during the summer, enjoyed it, and there should be more of it. No one from Tuslaw died taking a class with Northwest kids in the early 90s.

I took my SAT test at Northwest and scored a Super Genius score.....it didn't phase me.
All good stuff that a lot of newbies didn't know or realize, quite frankly me being one of them. Apologies for my hiatus on here, after pouting after our disastrous season and hoping for a resignation that hasn't and probably won't happen; I guess I have to put on my big boy pants on and act like an "adult" again. I will probably be on more wrestling threads than football for the winter but ya'll are still my #1. Scrolling through all this great stuff that I missed, and I have not gotten through it all, but along these lines of too many divisions, too many schools etc, what are thoughts on combining D1 and D2 and D6 and D7 to create 5 divisions for football? I can't take credit for this idea, I'm sure it's been discussed in circles before. Smarter people than me probably have several reasons why it can't work, but why not? Doesn't seem like the worst idea.......

All good stuff that a lot of newbies didn't know or realize, quite frankly me being one of them. Apologies for my hiatus on here, after pouting after our disastrous season and hoping for a resignation that hasn't and probably won't happen; I guess I have to put on my big boy pants on and act like an "adult" again. I will probably be on more wrestling threads than football for the winter but ya'll are still my #1. Scrolling through all this great stuff that I missed, and I have not gotten through it all, but along these lines of too many divisions, too many schools etc, what are thoughts on combining D1 and D2 and D6 and D7 to create 5 divisions for football? I can't take credit for this idea, I'm sure it's been discussed in circles before. Smarter people than me probably have several reasons why it can't work, but why not? Doesn't seem like the worst idea.......
And I want to clarify....I propose administration merging between schools first and foremost. I think if you approached people and said "hey, let's have Tuslaw share a treasurer or a transportation director or food services director or superintendent with Dalton", I don't think most people would care. It's when you merge the entire school district with others when the angry adults would come out of the wood work.

Apologies for my hiatus on here, after pouting after our disastrous season and hoping for a resignation that hasn't and probably won't happen; I guess I have to put on my big boy pants on and act like an "adult" again.

I think what you're asking for is completely normal especially for a Western Stark County school with a Massillon ZIP code. You want a competent football program and/or athletic department with an administration that cares about it and doesn't feel ashamed to publicly support the athletic department.

You're not getting that now and you have board members and admin that won't even talk about it. The only sport at Tuslaw that seems to generate any passion from the admin or board members or those running for the school board is the girls softball program.

I think what you're asking for is completely normal especially for a Western Stark County school with a Massillon ZIP code. You want a competent football program and/or athletic department with an administration that cares about it and doesn't feel ashamed to publicly support the athletic department.

You're not getting that now and you have board members and admin that won't even talk about it. The only sport at Tuslaw that seems to generate any passion from the admin or board members or those running for the school board is the girls softball program.
Preach...... will be interesting to see to see if any of the newly elected board members influence any positive changes......

Preach...... will be interesting to see to see if any of the newly elected board members influence any positive changes......
If you really want to get in the weeds of the Tuslaw candidates and have a bunch of time to watch this....I'd recommend a bottle of Buffalo Trace as you watch this:

Crescenze didn't participate but no other candidate has his name recognition due to his family's HVAC business. Everyone knows his last name. He also was rather evasive about the "hot button" social issues of the day. We really don't know his views on things.

Reinhart seems promising IMO. I like his business background and education background. Said the right things.

Harig said a lot of good things but needed more energy.

McBride wanted to blather on about how she was in Mrs. Nielsen's English class at Tuslaw in 1991 and her background with softball. And how she was a teacher for a few years. Even when she tried to communicate her points, she couldn't do it concisely. I guess Nielsen didn't teach her quite well enough. I wasn't impressed.

Last edited:
If you really want to get in the weeds of the Tuslaw candidates and have a bunch of time to watch this....I'd recommend a bottle of Buffalo Trace as you watch this:

Crescenze didn't participate but no other candidate has his name recognition due to his family's HVAC business. Everyone knows his last name. He also was rather evasive about the "hot button" social issues of the day. We really don't know his views on things.

Reinhart seems promising IMO. I like his business background and education background. Said the right things.

Harig said a lot of good things but needed more energy.

McBride wanted to blather on about how she was in Mrs. Nielsen's English class at Tuslaw in 1991 and her background with softball. And how she was a teacher for a few years. Even when she tried to communicate her points, she couldn't do it concisely. I guess Nielsen didn't teach her quite well enough. I wasn't impressed.

I'm scared to watch but can't get any worse, Agree on Reinhart, seems to say the right things, don't know him well seems like a good enough guy. I may have mentioned this on previous posts, two out of his three kids transferred to Massillon after jr high years primarily for baseball I'd say, can't say I blame him, so with one still here I suppose he has skin in the game......

I'm scared to watch but can't get any worse, Agree on Reinhart, seems to say the right things, don't know him well seems like a good enough guy. I may have mentioned this on previous posts, two out of his three kids transferred to Massillon after jr high years primarily for baseball I'd say, can't say I blame him, so with one still here I suppose he has skin in the game......
Buffalo Trace. It'll help on the video.

1701192156944.png

It was given to me recently by a lawyer friend of mine as lawyers know where all the good booze is. If BellStores sold Buffalo Trace that would be amazing and very progressive for Ohio.

Buffalo Trace. It'll help on the video.

View attachment 50541

It was given to me recently by a lawyer friend of mine as lawyers know where all the good booze is. If BellStores sold Buffalo Trace that would be amazing and very progressive for Ohio.
Tell your lawyer friend, that if he's every looking for more friends, that I'm always available. Buffalo is my favorite bourbon and I'm never lucky enough to hit on allocation days at the local liquor spots (though I work for a living so standing in line outside the local liquor stores at 6am ain't gonna happen)...

Now that is funny...PACtion theme song...lol...first who would think PACtion has a theme song..lol...do you play video games?...lol
Do not forget the Federal League theme song. Natalie Herbick blasts this from her Prius when she does her 9,000th feature story from the Hartville Marketplace on behalf of David The Moss Man & his El Cheeseball mustachio on Fox 8:

This song was approved in 1999 by Levi, Y2H, my2sense, all of the Benson Stadium cronies, North Canton Mayor David Held, Joe Palmisano, Madison Geisiotto Gilbert, Pam Cook in a two piece (not a chicken dinner), and Kenny Roda.

Do not forget the Federal League theme song. Natalie Herbick blasts this from her Prius when she does her 9,000th feature story from the Hartville Marketplace on behalf of David The Moss Man & his El Cheeseball mustachio on Fox 8:

This song was approved in 1999 by Levi, Y2H, my2sense, all of the Benson Stadium cronies, North Canton Mayor David Held, Joe Palmisano, Madison Geisiotto Gilbert, Pam Cook in a two piece (not a chicken dinner), and Kenny Roda.
Natalie would look hot in a bonnet...her contract lets her have more then a Prius...the Pittsburgh girl she is...has to be one fine pick up truck! Who stole the Keeshka would be something a warrant would be issued for McKinley, GlenOak, and the bad side of Perry...me I would rather know the underworld as according to Weird Al

For the uninitiated, “Who stole the kiska?” is to polka music what “She loves you” is to Beatlemania.

And Ms Herbick could drive an Amish buggy filled with Primanti Bros subs and I’d still watch. 😉

Last edited:
For the uninitiated, “Who stole the kiska?” is to polka music what “She loves you” to Beatlemania.

And Ms Herbick could drive an Amish buggy filled with Primanti Bros subs and I’d still watch. 😉
Hollie Strano would drive an Amish buggy full of Buffalo Trace at a high rate of speed and crash.

Good thing she didn't drive through the Green round-a-bouts.