PAC 2020

Manchester going to be lucky to get any home games rescheduled. Was told they’re not letting any visiting fans in their facilities for any sports.

I kinda find that hard to believe, but then again, some of the things they do doesn't surprise me. Curious at this point to see if they can even find any teams to play.

If we are still playing football. NW and Manchester need to play late October, early November. After the post season, I don’t see either team winning more than 2 play off games

Manchester going to be lucky to get any home games rescheduled. Was told they’re not letting any visiting fans in their facilities for any sports.

I don’t know how reliable the source but heard Northwest is doing the same. I’m hoping this is not the case.

Manchester doesn't have Harley any space on the visitors side. I'm not sure how many fans they could have there. If they don't start practicing until after September 4, that means they could have no games until October at the earliest. With a new coach, new system, new principal, schools in transition to build new buildings, Covid, etc. I don't expect much. It also seems they are more lost by Covid than most and that is discouraging. I don't see many PAC games for them- CVCA maybe will play them. Feel for any seniors on the team. I heard Parks is at orrville and so they have to be the favorites until proven otherwise. CVCA has a great coach and lots of returning athletes. There isn't going to be a league champ I wouldn't think and all will make the playoffs. Just who goes furthest if things don't get shut down who knows.

I don’t know how reliable the source but heard Northwest is doing the same. I’m hoping this is not the case.
Northwest had a volleyball game last night that had visiting fans at it. A buddy was at the game last night & said they had a really good system. Girls gave a ticket voucher & fan had to show up with voucher & exact change and the seats were taped off with areas to sit. Hard to think they would do all that and then not allow fans into football game.

More concerning for NW is what they do without a pressbox. It hasn't been replaced since that storm knocked it down a few months back. That will be challenging for coaches, streaming broadcasts, PA, etc. Any teams playing there might want to invest in some walkie-talkies.

Northwest had a volleyball game last night that had visiting fans at it. A buddy was at the game last night & said they had a really good system. Girls gave a ticket voucher & fan had to show up with voucher & exact change and the seats were taped off with areas to sit. Hard to think they would do all that and then not allow fans into football game.

More concerning for NW is what they do without a pressbox. It hasn't been replaced since that storm knocked it down a few months back. That will be challenging for coaches, streaming broadcasts, PA, etc. Any teams playing there might want to invest in some walkie-talkies.
That's great to hear since we play them next week.

Manchester doesn't have Harley any space on the visitors side. I'm not sure how many fans they could have there.
Ohio Stadiums (http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=1940) shows France Stadium capacity at 1985 so they could fit 297 folks for the 15% rule. Figure 60 players on visiting team, give them 1 ticket each still leaves 230+ for home side. If they're not letting anyone in from a safety perspective, that's a different story, but if they're just not letting in visitors . . . that's not cool.

Look at the Columbus Police blotter from May. Apparently him and his cousin were both shot. His 15 year old cousin.

And now, the Mighty Panthers put out their schedule.....so so so confused lol

Attachments

• 895C9ACA-F752-4E94-8792-ABB573B62453.jpeg
    895C9ACA-F752-4E94-8792-ABB573B62453.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 44
Well yesterday He was on Instagram toting a gun. Yes this was live yesterday. And everyone of his followers saw it live.

Where will he be Friday? Who knows. Just wish the Orrville Coaching staff would of help this kid years ago and mentored him. Bright future , great athlete
That is a BAD look. Probably not the most shocking to anyone on here though. That said, pretty sure we could have an entire thread filled with what high school kids put on their social media.

But if you throw that rock it typically will hit glass. Surprised one of their fans didn't respond with "should he be coached by a guy who likes to inappropriately touch female students?" Everyone's got dirty laundry.

Look at the Columbus Police blotter from May. Apparently him and his cousin were both shot. His 15 year old cousin.
The really sad part about this is, speaking nothing of him personally, he might not even been doing something bad or anything worth getting hit over. That area of Columbus he was in has had a miserable summer in so many ways, that violence has become baked in to some of the streets in that area in ways I’ve never seen before. I don’t subscribe at all to the belief that cities and urban areas are inherently dangerous (I work in the streets half of the time), but that area is having an unusually bad summer. Even kids and young adults that are staying “above the rim” get screwed by their peers. It’s sad to see.

That is a BAD look.
Everyone's got dirty laundry.
It’s a bad look but also something not worth crucifying a _kid_ over (which I think we both agree on.) Kid got shot in a city he hasn’t laid his head to rest in for God knows how long. There’s more damage to a gunshot victim than just what the bullet sears into. Sometimes roses will grow from concrete, others wilt and fail due to destructive reactions that are a product of no helpful guidance, a brain that hasn’t even fully developed (not until the age of ~24), PTSD and a screwed up outlook on life that can’t be fixed overnight. Let’s hope he grows from the concrete.

Last edited:
Sometimes roses will grow from concrete, others wilt and fail due to destructive reactions that are a product of no helpful guidance, a brain that hasn’t even fully developed (not until the age of ~24), PTSD and a screwed up outlook on life that can’t be fixed overnight. Let’s hope he grows from the concrete.

So much this. The PTSD thing gets overlooked. Well said Dock.

Last edited:
big, odd that they have scheduled a game the week after the 1st playoff game. Confidence factor?

I Was thinking the same thing. I know they are down, but, they do have a nice mix of hard working kids on that team, led by some good seniors. Good to see have multiple calls, they finally agreed to play NW. I guess that’s a rivalry game in some type of sorts

big, odd that they have scheduled a game the week after the 1st playoff game. Confidence factor?
I'm wondering if there is some kind of conditional factor where they agree to play once both teams are out of the playoffs, and that is simply a placeholder/signification of such? Who knows. Haha!

I'm wondering if there is some kind of conditional factor where they agree to play once both teams are out of the playoffs, and that is simply a placeholder/signification of such? Who knows. Haha!

I think that's what any game scheduled after the start of the playoffs is...a placeholder and subject to change. I'd love to see Orrville/Wooster play at the end of the season but I'm sure both teams would like a shot at whatever the playoffs would look like.

Triway knocked off Loudonville last night, 28-21 in Overtime. Such the appropriate way to start the 2020 football season. Playing on a Thursday (so weird), almost an hour of weather delays in the middle of the 1st quarter, tons of cramps throughout the game, the only quarter that had no scoring (3rd quarter) lasted over an hour by itself (mostly due to the cramping every few plays), and the game went into overtime. The game finished around 11:20pm.

Triway knocked off Loudonville last night, 28-21 in Overtime. Such the appropriate way to start the 2020 football season. Playing on a Thursday (so weird), almost an hour of weather delays in the middle of the 1st quarter, tons of cramps throughout the game, the only quarter that had no scoring (3rd quarter) lasted over an hour by itself (mostly due to the cramping every few plays), and the game went into overtime. The game finished around 11:20pm.
I'm 0-1 on predictions so far, it really is football season!

"Watched" it on Twitter thru you & McWilliams. Kept thinking "this is why we play on Friday night & Saturday"

BTW, every Loudonville highlight was a pass?!?!? Did they completely change their offense?

"Watched" it on Twitter thru you & McWilliams. Kept thinking "this is why we play on Friday night & Saturday"

BTW, every Loudonville highlight was a pass?!?!? Did they completely change their offense?
They mixed it up pretty well. They ran 76 plays - 39 runs, 37 passes (some of those runs may have been broken pass plays). #2 ran for 141 yards. Their freshmen #1 and #2 are going to be really good. Triway really made them earn every yard, but they broke a few big pass plays for TDs.

So I see Fairless beats CVCA by a hefty margin. Shocker there to me. Even though I hear Fairless has some players. Cvca to me last year was a real tough, complete team.

NW up on Orrville 7-0 at the end of the first. Play resumes today at 12pm as per Orrville Twitter page. Watching the live stream last night, should of been 14-0 NW. young man dropped a TD and hit him right in the chest.

Any update on Tuslaw?

Fairless is a team that should not be taking lightly. Very strong at the skilled positions with plenty of speed. Their running back Cambell is also dangerous as a receiver out of the backfield. They have a bright young coach in A.J. Sarbaugh that has assembled a strong coaching staff. Thinking it will be a challenge for anyone to knock off Northwest this year

Last edited:
Just watched Northwest-Orrville stream. All I can say is Jordan Mick was born to play in that Louisville offense. They are going to be a handful. Only concern is they still couldn't run consistently unless it was him or his brother scrambling, but wow. Throws lasers like he's picking off runners on 2nd base. Reminds you of how the Carmicheal boys would make their wideouts look like All State players by just hitting them in the hands in stride. Adding Grossnickle (really improved) to B. Mick gives 2 legit threats for a breakaway too.

All that said, did I hear the TE has D1 offers? Hope it's at DE because he was the one who looked a little out of place.

Orrville's lost too much. Line weak, QB weaker. Could tell DBs hadn't played in games, they were only covering for 15 yards then pulling up like they would in practice.

Tuslaw game, they're opening it up on offense, but hard to see how the defense will be since they played the mud bowl against a run only team.

Fairless - they showed signs last year. Really like AJ and this could be a good run for them.

All these teams throwing now games are going to be much longer. I'm going to need to adjust my adult beverage consumption while watching streams in the garage.