PAC 2020

league games come before all other games no matter what. Contracts have stipulations. One is that league play is mandatory if possble for both teams. If Manchester doesnt play week 1 then that team can pick up another team but when there ready to play they will jump right in on the schedule.

league games come before all other games no matter what. Contracts have stipulations. One is that league play is mandatory if possble for both teams. If Manchester doesnt play week 1 then that team can pick up another team but when there ready to play they will jump right in on the schedule.

That's just not true, the original league contracts were all voided this season to make way for the new schedules. As it stands now if Manchester were to come back into the fray and we're ready to play week 1 the other PAC schools would have to choose to void their current contracts with their replacement games. They are not beholden to the PAC or any other governing body per the OHSAA rules for this season. In theory, Orville could drop all 6 league games tomorrow if they wanted to and schedule 6 new teams with no punishments (granted it would hurt their relationship with the PAC). The Panthers are between a rock and a hard place, gonna be an interesting season for them if they do decide to play

you will see they will be playing league games the other teams have already been told this league games first then if someone drops out they can schedule whoever they want. This happened during the meeting between athletic directors. As is the Wayne County league. All teams that were scheduled were told up front. This will come out this week.

That's just not true, the original league contracts were all voided this season to make way for the new schedules. As it stands now if Manchester were to come back into the fray and we're ready to play week 1 the other PAC schools would have to choose to void their current contracts with their replacement games. They are not beholden to the PAC or any other governing body per the OHSAA rules for this season. In theory, Orville could drop all 6 league games tomorrow if they wanted to and schedule 6 new teams with no punishments (granted it would hurt their relationship with the PAC). The Panthers are between a rock and a hard place, gonna be an interesting season for them if they do decide to play
They did not respond to the Beacon Journal request for information. There is a great deal of unrest in the community for the lack of information available.

you will see they will be playing league games the other teams have already been told this league games first then if someone drops out they can schedule whoever they want. This happened during the meeting between athletic directors. As is the Wayne County league. All teams that were scheduled were told up front. This will come out this week.

Being that most teams have already scheduled someone else in place of the Manchester game you'd think that they already dropped out. Again though, the PAC teams could decide individually to drop their replacement games and reschedule Manchester if they restart but it won't be because a rule or bylaw compelled them to do so, it will have to be because the schools decide to help out a league partner instead under their own volition.

They did not respond to the Beacon Journal request for information. There is a great deal of unrest in the community for the lack of information available.

Yeah I can't imagine how stressful it must be to be a Panther right now, certainly a miserable situation. Thinking about it logically though combining the OHSAA scheduling rules with the new schedules put out by the majority of the PAC teams it's safe to assume there's no backdoor clause for Manchester to force themselves back into league play when they're ready. I can't imagine any other schools would have scheduled a PAC team on an open week if that were the case, now what might play into Manchester's hands if they do decide to return to play is their proximity to the other PAC schools and the lack of travel most teams would have to incur by re-adding them to their schedule. What greatly plays against them is the strain that cancelling the replacement games would put on the relationship between the ADs of each PAC school and their non-league replacement. Being that scheduling during this pandemic has been hellish to say the least ADs are going to do everything they can to preserve relationships with schools that are willing to play without being required to do so. Manchester might find themselves left out in the cold

Being that most teams have already scheduled someone else in place of the Manchester game you'd think that they already dropped out. Again though, the PAC teams could decide individually to drop their replacement games and reschedule Manchester if they restart but it won't be because a rule or bylaw compelled them to do so, it will have to be because the schools decide to help out a league partner instead under their own volition.

Yeah I can't imagine how stressful it must be to be a Panther right now, certainly a miserable situation. Thinking about it logically though combining the OHSAA scheduling rules with the new schedules put out by the majority of the PAC teams it's safe to assume there's no backdoor clause for Manchester to force themselves back into league play when they're ready. I can't imagine any other schools would have scheduled a PAC team on an open week if that were the case, now what might play into Manchester's hands if they do decide to return to play is their proximity to the other PAC schools and the lack of travel most teams would have to incur by re-adding them to their schedule. What greatly plays against them is the strain that cancelling the replacement games would put on the relationship between the ADs of each PAC school and their non-league replacement. Being that scheduling during this pandemic has been hellish to say the least ADs are going to do everything they can to preserve relationships with schools that are willing to play without being required to do so. Manchester might find themselves left out in the cold
Has CVCA replaced Manchester yet?

Has CVCA replaced Manchester yet?
Checked their sports page & twitter and they both still show week 6 is Manchester. Orrville's week 5 game was just changed to Kenston this week. Makes me wonder if CVCA & Orrville were waiting it out to see if the Panthers were going to play. Hard to believe that PAC football would be played and Manchester wouldn't be a part of it but sure seems like that.

How in the world did Manchester put themselves in this hole? Was it the health department? If so, why is CVCA not in the same predicament? My take at this point would be for the Panthers to skip week 1, get more practice, then try to fill weeks 2-5 with someone, anyone. They should not at this point put undo pressure on the other schools to reschedule again.

How in the world did Manchester put themselves in this hole? Was it the health department? If so, why is CVCA not in the same predicament? My take at this point would be for the Panthers to skip week 1, get more practice, then try to fill weeks 2-5 with someone, anyone. They should not at this point put undo pressure on the other schools to reschedule again.
School Board issued a statement that football can start on 9/4.

School Board issued a statement that football can start on 9/4.
CVCA just went about there business like they were playing the season. They figured if the season got cancelled at least the players had that time together. For whatever reason Manchester decided to do something else and that's okay. They were just doing what they thought was right for there players and program.

What are your picks for week one:
Triway at Loudonville
CVCA at Fairless
Southeast at Tuslaw
Northwest at Orville

Has the revised schedule been published since manchester is starting on 9/4?
There won't be a "revised schedule" released by the PAC, each school will have to choose to void out their current fill in game and re-add Manchester to that week with a new contract. However, if every team decides that expect a press release from the PAC to come out so that the schools can save face with their non-conference pairings

Has the revised schedule been published since manchester is starting on 9/4?

This was posted by Mogadore 3 days ago, after the Manchester restart was announced. Seems like Triway will not add the Panthers back in their original spot on the schedule

Attachments

• 20200824_123711.png
    20200824_123711.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 21
They did schedule Manchester on Thursday and Manchester backed out does not want to start until the 11th coach said they werent ready. At the Pac AD meeting last week all Pac schools agreed to play a league schedule until Manchester backed out. Triway cancelled there game against Mogadore and had Manchester until Manchester said no on Friday. Every school should drop the Panthers for making a move like this.

They did schedule Manchester on Thursday and Manchester backed out does not want to start until the 11th coach said they werent ready. At the Pac AD meeting last week all Pac schools agreed to play a league schedule until Manchester backed out. Triway cancelled there game against Mogadore and had Manchester until Manchester said no on Friday. Every school should drop the Panthers for making a move like this.

Northwest put this out three days ago, after the AD meeting, seems they aren't planning on adding the Panthers back either

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200824-125937_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200824-125937_Twitter.jpg
    861 KB · Views: 18
Does anyone know if any games will be live streamed or broadcast on radio this week?
Heard that Tuslaw & Orrville were looking at using YouTube to stream games live & post for later viewing. Haven’t heard if that is final as both were looking for sponsors to cover cost (equipment/software I guess?)

There won't be a "revised schedule" released by the PAC, each school will have to choose to void out their current fill in game and re-add Manchester to that week with a new contract. However, if every team decides that expect a press release from the PAC to come out so that the schools can save face with their non-conference pairings
Would hope that Orrville makes the change for week 5 & CVCA stays locked in for week 6. Said it before, hard to imagine a “PAC” season without Panthers

In the end the PAC needs Manchester more than Manchester needs the PAC.
Might have been true back in the day & last 3 years of Wright they were a force, but they are one of the smallest schools with the worst overall facilities (sports & academic). They’ve approved new facilities but until it’s done those kids are closer to Loudonville than they are CVCA, Northwest, Orrville, & (eventually) Canton South. Even Triway, Tuslaw & Fairless have reinvested in building’s or fields in last 5 years.

Last edited:
Just found out that one home team is only giving one ticket per player to the away teams so will those be a common theme for the entire league this year?

Just found out that one home team is only giving one ticket per player to the away teams so will those be a common theme for the entire league this year?
We were given 150 tickets, I believe, and that is what I think we are giving opponents for our home games (somewhere around there). That is obviously much more than 1 per player. I'm not sure who is giving 1 per player... must be a tiny stadium.

From what I've read and heard, some schools are doing 2 tickets per player, and if enough room, maybe 2 additional tickets for seniors, and if still enough room, additional tickets for those players who have multiple sets of parents/step-parents. Seems reasonable. This whole situation sucks, so I can't fault anybody for any way they decide to handle it... new territory for everybody.

We were given 150 tickets, I believe, and that is what I think we are giving opponents for our home games (somewhere around there). That is obviously much more than 1 per player. I'm not sure who is giving 1 per player... must be a tiny stadium.

From what I've read and heard, some schools are doing 2 tickets per player, and if enough room, maybe 2 additional tickets for seniors, and if still enough room, additional tickets for those players who have multiple sets of parents/step-parents. Seems reasonable. This whole situation sucks, so I can't fault anybody for any way they decide to handle it... new territory for everybody.
That would be significant enough for each player and cheerleader to have two tickets. This particular stadium holds 3500 according to Ohio High School Football Stadium site. Of course I don’t know how accurate that is.

Not great, but considering there are other threads where some leagues have supported not giving ANY tickets to visiting teams, I suppose any # above 0 is a good number all things considered.

As Pit said, this is new for everyone. Back in the summer heard about a PAC school that was raising the price to $10 so their folks wouldn't have to give change and another PAC school going online for tickets. This is one of those seasons where you say "What?!" and then shrug and just be happy the kids are playing. Not sure how many of us on this thread are actually going to see games live this year, although I expect the hill around Fairless would be a pretty popular place . . .