Olentangy Liberty hockey coach Kevin Alexander retains lawyer amid school investigation

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Olentangy Liberty hockey coach Kevin Alexander has retained an attorney and said he is seeking details about what led Olentangy Schools to place him on leave.

In a letter sent to the Liberty hockey community, Alexander wrote that as of 2 p.m. Friday, he and his attorney, Josh Fravel, had not been "acknowledged, contacted or advised of anything verbally or in writing" by the school district.

That Blows for them but it wasn't going to matter this year. Cats and Preppers will meet in the finals. Cats are tough but Preppers are on a mission imo. Will be fun to watch if it happens. Just beat Eds for all of our sakes.

According to the Columbus Dispatch, Alexander received very high marks from last season. Other than a "blip" where foul language was used, it seems like he is exactly what one would want in a high school coach. Pushing his players to be their best while keeping things fun at the same time. It sounds (unfortunately) that a parent didn't like the way their kid was spoken to.

According to the Columbus Dispatch, Alexander received very high marks from last season. Other than a "blip" where foul language was used, it seems like he is exactly what one would want in a high school coach. Pushing his players to be their best while keeping things fun at the same time. It sounds (unfortunately) that a parent didn't like the way their kid was spoken to.
I’m really curious to find out (if we ever do) what he said. I feel like everything is on the table, from this being a minor statement blown out of proportion to a legitimate problem. Public school and public records, media already on the case, I’m hopeful we find out.

All three coaches resigned and try to blame the school, which isn’t an argument I really accept when the investigation wasn’t finished. If you truly think all of your actions were defensible, let the investigation finish and then you can argue/contest the results etc.

All three coaches resigned and try to blame the school, which isn’t an argument I really accept when the investigation wasn’t finished. If you truly think all of your actions were defensible, let the investigation finish and then you can argue/contest the results etc.
This kind of felt like the inevitable end result, regardless of how the investigation turned out.

Quite a turn of events from last season where everything went right, culminating in a State Championship, to the ugly way this played out.

I have to say that I agree with Alexander that when he said the administration was behind us when we were winning and happy to hop on the bandwagon and now they want nothing to do with us is kind of fishy to say the least.

This kind of felt like the inevitable end result, regardless of how the investigation turned out.

Quite a turn of events from last season where everything went right, culminating in a State Championship, to the ugly way this played out.

I have to say that I agree with Alexander that when he said the administration was behind us when we were winning and happy to hop on the bandwagon and now they want nothing to do with us is kind of fishy to say the least.
I don’t think it’s fishy when the suspension happened before the tournament even started. I find his response to the allegations fishier than the school. I hope some facts come out to clear things up.

I have to say that I agree with Alexander that when he said the administration was behind us when we were winning and happy to hop on the bandwagon and now they want nothing to do with us is kind of fishy to say
They were in sweet 16 for the state how bad are things going? I think the difference is they are missing 5 kids from the AAA ranks and Juniors that showed up for their Senior year last year. Public schools don't recruit

Probably a bit entitled and too much whining from the parents. However, the "old school", foul-mouthed, surly coach doesn't work much these days. Coach probably should have realized that.