Ok so what’s up with the Airline threads?

It's a bot. Since the numbers listed aren't the real phone numbers for the airlines it's likely the it's from a scammer who's trying to get those fake phone numbers to show up higher in search results so the callers can be scammed out of their money thinking they're speaking to the airline.

Bots are the worst. If you don't have verification on account signups - or if you have a non-human-verified contact form - it's a nightmare for those managing the website.

If you don't have verification on account signups - or if you have a non-human-verified contact form - it's a nightmare for those managing the website.
The user registration page on the site has a captcha. I am surprised the forum software doesn't have a setting to restrict the number of new thread that can be created by the same user within a timeframe or from the same IP address in a given timeframe.

I think I might have cleaned them up. The forum software has a Spam removal feature for moderators and even though I'm not a moderator of this forum it looks like the software allowed me to delete the threads created by the bot accounts.

The user registration page on the site has a captcha.
My website registration form has the newest version of captcha implemented, and the new bots are still getting past it. Uh-noy-ing. I had to start implementing logic such as "if your first name = last name, I will exclude your submission." Since then, my spam submissions have gone down 90%.